Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweeney - The Complete Series - €31 delivered [NetworkDVD]

• 24-04-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Second bargain from NetworkDVD of the night.. be quick as it's part of their 'Closedown' offer!

Didn't go through to checkout.. but if shipping is the same as the 'Third Rock' boxset, it'll be £1.48... so roughly €21 €31 all in.

BARGAIN!

7952620med.jpg
    Buy it @ Network DVD
    All 53 episodes of the most famous crime action series starring John Thaw and Dennis Waterman. Also includes Regan - the pilot tv movie!

• Regan • Ringer • Jackpot • Thin Ice • Queen’s Pawn • Jigsaw • Night Out • The Placer • Cover Story • Golden Boy • Stoppo Driver • Big Spender • Contact Breaker • Abduction • Chalk and Cheese • Faces • Supersnout • Big Brother • Hit and Run • Trap • Golden Fleece • Poppy • Stay Lucky, Eh? • Thou Shalt Not Kill • I Want the Man • Country Boy • Trojan Bus • Selected Target • In From the Cold • Visiting Fireman • Tomorrow Man • Taste of Fear • Bad Apple • May • Sweet Smell of Succession • Down to You, Brother • Pay Off • Loving Arms • Lady Luck • On The Run • Messenger Of The Gods • Hard Men • Drag Act • Trust Red • Nightmare • Money, Money, Money • Bait • The Bigger They Are • Feet Of Clay • One Of Your Own • Hearts And Minds • Latin Lady • Victims • Jack Or Knave

This set contains the following special feaures:

All 53 episodes, remastered and restored in original as-filmed 4:3 ratio • New Dolby 5.1 track • Original as-broadcast Mono track • Music only tracks

SERIES ONE Interview with creator Ian Kennedy-Martin • Commentaries with Dennis Waterman, Garfield Morgan, producer Ted Childs, writers Trevor Preston and Troy Kennedy-Martin, directors Tom Clegg and David Wickes and editor Chris Burt • "Thick as Thieves" episode • "Special Branch" episode Episode introductions by guest stars Warren Mitchell, Wanda Ventham, Prunella Gee, John Forgeham, Billy Murray, Tony Selby and Dudley Sutton • Restoring “The Sweeney”

SERIES TWO Interview with stunt arranger Peter Brayham • "Wild Boys" featurette • "The Sweeney" annual PDF • Interview with writer Roger Marshall "Golden Fleece" episode script PDF • Episode introductions by guest stars Bill Maynard, Gwen Taylor, James Booth, Ken Hutchison and Lynda Bellingham "Sweeney" film trailer with introduction by Lynda Bellingham • "Sweeney" film promotional gallery

SERIES THREE "Redcap" episode • "Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show" 1976 sketch • "Strange Report" episode Episode introductions by guest stars Geraldine James, Steven Pacey, George Sweeney, Nadim Sawalha, Tina Heath and John Lyons "ITV - This Is Your Life" clip from 1976 • Thames trailer • "Evening News Film Awards" clip • "The Sweeney" 1977 Annual PDF

SERIES FOUR "The Electric Theatre Show" interviews with John Thaw, Dennis Waterman and Ted Childs • "This Is Your Life - John Thaw" extract "This Is Your Life - Dennis Waterman" extract • Series 4 textless titles with dual sound • Episode introductions by guest stars James Warrior, George Sewell, Jenny Runacre, Nick Stringer, Gary Morecambe and Peter Wight • "Sweeney 2" film trailer with introduction by Ken Hutchison and James Warrior "Sweeney 2" promotional gallery PDF • Out-takes • "The Sweeney" 1978 Annual PDF • Stills gallery Extract from "Behind the Sunshine" PDF, recounting the making of "Hearts and Minds"
    Catalogue Number: SALE0027
    Number of Discs: 17
    Sound: Dolby 5.1 / English
    Region: 0 / 2 / PAL
    Classification: 15
    Picture: 1.33:1 / Colour
    Subtitles: None
    Time: 2727 mins approx

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

You sir are a legend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wow, what a find. :) Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Showing at £19.99 now.. still at a price that can't be matched elsewhere.

Great value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Brilliant!... er, you slaaag!

basquille wrote: »
    Showing at £19.99 now.. still at a price that can't be matched elsewhere.

Great value!
    It showed at £19.99 for me but it was reduced when I checked out. Final cost £18.86.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Thinks its gone.. link not showing for that offer!!

Showing fine for me iggy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My copy is ordered too.

1 x SALE: SWEENEY - THE COMPLETE SERIES + REGAN () = £17.38

World Zone Rates (Shipping to Ireland: 0.1 kilo(s)): £1.48

Sub-Total: £17.38

Total: £18.86

My copy is ordered too.

Ditto that!

basquille wrote: »
    Showing fine for me iggy!

Sorry my mistake..

Ordered it.. great bargain.. thanks Basquille

• Advertisement

My copy is ordered too.

Same here. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Shame ripping yarns is gone :(

more on the sale page - The Tube (6 hours) / Black Beauty (275 minutes) for those who like Nostalgia more than cheese.
    http://www.networkdvd.net/index.php?cPath=79

Appears to be gone now!

EDIT: Nope.. it's back now although at £29.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hell missed that, didn't log on at all yesterday. I suppose there's always Crossroads: http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=27 :eek: Nooooo!!!!

It's still great value at €31 Oracle.

It's gas though... they also have this one on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah it's a good deal still although it's showing at £32.56 now including delivery, about €36. Thats just a bit too much for me .......
    1 x SALE: SWEENEY - THE COMPLETE SERIES £26.08

Worldpay Credit Card Payment

World Zone Rates (Shipping to Ireland: 1.2 kilo(s)): £6.48
    Sub-Total: £26.08
    Total: £32.56

Anyone get this yet?? ( The Sweeney boxset)

I havnt even got an email from them to say it was dispatched..

I ordered 24/04 and not a dickie bird from them!!

I got the dispatch email yesterday so it should arrive soon.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I got the dispatch email yesterday so it should arrive soon.

Thanks for that.

Do you know if money has been taken from your credit card yet as I have something on my statement saying " sound and media ltd ".

Do you know if that is NetworkDvd site?

That is them. The money was gone 2 days after I ordered it.

• Advertisement

My Third Rock boxset arrived this morning.. so expect this today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Cant believe i missed this one. The sweeny and minder were and i guess still are some of my all time fav shows.

The individual series are still available at 5:99 but i would much rather get the boxset and i think ill wait for it to come up again.

If anyone see's it going cheep (20-30euro) please ley me know:)

Recieved today :)

Ditto.

It arrived by registered post and it cost them £13.33 to post it. Someone made a huge mistake there. ;)

Advertisement