Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New O2 website gone bellyup?

• 24-04-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

New O2 website seems to be crapping out completely all today. Waited for ages for a page to load and just got a 403 error. Grrrr. Anyone else having problems?

Picture_1_thumb_15.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

working just fine for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The front page is fine for me too but after I log in and click "My O2" followed by anything else, it falls over. Unless I click Webtext, in which case it welcomes me by saying "Hello, null". Wonderful. Humm, if its just me maybe I'll get in touch with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

cornbb wrote: »
    The front page is fine for me too but after I log in and click "My O2" followed by anything else, it falls over. Unless I click Webtext, in which case it welcomes me by saying "Hello, null". Wonderful. Humm, if its just me maybe I'll get in touch with them.
    Yeah the same thing is happening for me. I got the "hello null" thing and pages bombing out. I tried it on IE8 and Safari so it doesn't seen to be a browser thing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There were no changes to the "system" ie the backend. The only thing that was changed were some minor design (appearance) areas. Thats all.

Works for me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Problems for me today too, just as described above...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can be used instead.

403 is forbidden, if you were not requesting anything unusual some misconfiguration has happened.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Works no issues at all for me D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Still having the same problem. I was an O2 customer until about 5 years ago when I moved to Meteor. Now that I'm back with O2 I'm horrified to see that the website is as crap now as it was back then *sigh* maybe I'll call someone to rant at tomorrow.

There is plans, according to o2, to complete overhaul the backend. These little changes were design only and are part of a staged operation to fix the constant problems.

Bare in mind that while the site looks very flash - its the actual backend. If they stripped it down to what Meteors look like - it wont make a difference. The design and bacekd end code are completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No issues here.

The new design is great too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Had issues all day :( Spent ages trying to register my Laser Card...got it done eventually after a couple hours! It won't let me view my account now..just get a blank page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

All they did was stick a new header and footer on the site, they did this a few months ago also, what they actually need is to get a backend/server that works, how long does it take to load webtext or login!

I seem to be lucky and anytime I use the site, I rarely come across any problems.

Pure luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Sorry about the issues you might be having on the site. I have sent this thread onto the Online team to take a look at the website to see if they can figure out where these problems are coming from.

Advertisement