Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8Gb USB PEN DRIVE in Argos

• 24-04-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Argos have a 8gb usb pen drive(Maxell) for €10 at the moment,I know the store in Swords Pavillion have 4 left in stock,Bargain compared to maplins and Currys who charge €45 upwards.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Seems to be out of stock in most of their shops. One left in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭shalom

Thans OP, Got the last one in my local argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks for that kaiser soza, just reserved 1 in tallaght.They still have 1 left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

blast... out of stock in all the limerick stores. Bought the 16GB sandisk cruzer off of mymemory.co.uk instead. Worked out as around 22euro.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Cruzer-Micro-U3-USB-Flash-Drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If you're going to save so much money on buying a bottom cheap memory stick, then please, please put the rest of the money into paying for a backup service.

Memory sticks are the same as a lot of other goods - you get what you pay for... It's happened me plenty of times with cheap memory sticks and for example, I was working at a clients house, and backed up her info onto a cheap 16gb stick whilst i reset her computer... as i was putting the files back on again, the memory stick just died. It left me in the ****, and the client in even bigger shít.

Tread carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

If you're going to save so much money on buying a bottom cheap memory stick, then please, please put the rest of the money into paying for a backup service.

Memory sticks are the same as a lot of other goods - you get what you pay for... It's happened me plenty of times with cheap memory sticks and for example, I was working at a clients house, and backed up her info onto a cheap 16gb stick whilst i reset her computer... as i was putting the files back on again, the memory stick just died. It left me in the ****, and the client in even bigger shít.

Tread carefully.
    Or maybe pay a professional to backup/restore your PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Damn, out of stock in every one of my local stores :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Tread carefully.

It was 44.99 now its cheap but I don't know about being a bottom /inferior drive but then again foe a tenner I'll chance for lending friends stuff.

I feel for ya, for your ..... incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Out of stock in Sligo.... bah!

Ah well.. wouldn't mind but I've got 3 x 4GB MP3 players that double as USB keys that I never use! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Tread carefully.

I'm pretty sure that that could happen with a memory stick that cost 200euro just as easily as a stick that cost 2euro... the cost isn't a guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Just picked one up there now.

Nice little drive for 9.99.

Thanks OP.

MtM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Once bitten, twice shy - I would always pay for a branded quality data stick - generally better performance and better quality, and will be a genuine capacity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I have been using mine today and have found it gets very hot fast but for a tenner they are great,I almost bought a 4gb in Easons for €30 yesterday,these are also £14.99 in Argos up the North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Bought the last one in G-Way today, reserved it last night!
    Happy out, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭xtremepoizn

I have three reserved for me and a few friends who *might* want one. All reserved in a city centre store in DUBLIN. If anyone wants one PM me and if a spare one is available, depending on friends decisions, I'll PM you the reservation code to collect it. Collection is either tomorrow or Monday. Genuine customers only! :) Be sure you can collect from Jervis SC before PMing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

One left in Swords :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Sharp wrote: »
    One left in Swords :)

No there's not:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just picked one up there now.

Nice little drive for 9.99.

Thanks OP.
    +1. Especially since they were charging the same (reduced) price for the 4GB model.

When I first looked yesterday there were two left in the Crescent S.c., but by the time I hit the "reserve" button only one was left — MtM must have beaten me to th'other... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

thanks a million ,i got one in argos near the tipp rd in limk today

I just reserved one to pick up on wednesday, cheers OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Nice deal.

'Brand' means nothing with USB sticks, similar to optical media, very unlikely that the brand has anything to do with the rated quality of the components..

It is who manufactures them that counts.

If you crack open a Sandisk, Maxell, Verbatim etc.. in the budget range of USB sticks, it is quite likely you'll stumble across identical chips and circuit board. If you want to pay more to feel like you got better quality, go ahead.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I have just reserved 3 more for myself for collection on Wednesday,wonder will they remain at this price.;)

They must be expecting a large shipment this week.

Tried a few shops in dublin and rather than the usual "item out of stock".

Can be ordered

for collection
    Thu 30th April -
    Sat 02nd May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sharp wrote: »
    They must be expecting a large shipment this week.

Tried a few shops in dublin and rather than the usual "item out of stock".

Can be ordered

for collection
    Thu 30th April -
    Sat 02nd May
    got the last one in the carlow store last week but they can now be ordered for collection 30th april-5th may, but beware the prce may be back to normal(€44.99) by then.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    got the last one in the carlow store last week but they can now be ordered for collection 30th april-5th may, but beware the prce may be back to normal(€44.99) by then.
    Reserved it for the Sligo store there..
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    but beware the prce may be back to normal(€44.99) by then.
    I say check online for the price before you leave when they're back in stock. If they're still at half price, g'wan ahead and if not, just delete the reservation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

basquille wrote: »
    Reserved it for the Sligo store there..

I say check online for the price before you leave when they're back in stock. If they're still at half price, g'wan ahead and if not, just delete the reservation!

When you reserve online it gives you a price (of €9.99) so it certainly gives the impression you'd get it at the discount price...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

kcools wrote: »
    When you reserve online it gives you a price (of €9.99) so it certainly gives the impression you'd get it at the discount price...........

This reservation relates to the item(s) only, not the price. The item(s) have not been paid for and the price you pay is the price valid in store when the goods are collected. This may result in the price being different, for example after a promotion that was valid at the time the goods were reserved has ended. Please take your reservation number to the store as you will need it to collect your item(s).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I preordered mine for Limerick...tis a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Argos have a 8gb usb pen drive(Maxell) for €10 at the moment,I know the store in Swords Pavillion have 4 left in stock,Bargain compared to maplins and Currys who charge €45 upwards.

Just reserved the last one in Drogheda, thanks.

fazer6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

As far as I can tell, there are 4 left in both Argos Mahon Point and Argos Queens Old Castle.

Sorry to drag this back up, but I have one reserved for collection between today and Sunday. Do I go into Argos and give them the code or wait for them to contact me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

You just go up to the till, with your reservation number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Great bargain, thanks op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Soarer wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, there are 4 left in both Argos Mahon Point and Argos Queens Old Castle.

None left in Mahon now-just reserved the last one! Also none in QOC either.

Got a text from them today that mine is ready for collection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Think there's one in tallaght.. I reserved two of them, they where due in today but still havent arrived..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Got the last one in Blackpool yesterday, nice little drive for the keyring, handy you can encrypt a partition

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

kendragon wrote: »
    blast... out of stock in all the limerick stores. Bought the 16GB sandisk cruzer off of mymemory.co.uk instead. Worked out as around 22euro.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Cruzer-Micro-U3-USB-Flash-Drive

Thanks for the heads up on this one kendragon... great value indeed, the conversion worked out at €20.19 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

dl wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on this one kendragon... great value indeed, the conversion worked out at €20.19 :D

Including or excluding P&P?

Hmmmm..

Got no notification that it was in stock when I reserved one earlier this week.. but just after checking my local store and there's 2 available for collection.

Reserved one of those so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Amazon have got 16gb Sandisk sticks for £17 or thereabouts as well as 8gb for a tenner. Delivery free to UK adresses so if you've got mates or family over the water......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭deffin

i see Curry's are selling an 8Gb PNY memory stick for €€22.10. Is that good value.?

I got my text while I was on my way to Argos there, it's a lovely little thing, thanks OP!

Spare reservation code for Sligo (reserved until tomorrow) if someone wants it.

GONE!

Will post it in Sligo 'Bargain Alerts thread' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

got one in Longford branch a few mins ago. was 2 but just checked none left now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Amazon have got 16gb Sandisk sticks for £17 or thereabouts as well as 8gb for a tenner. Delivery free to UK adresses so if you've got mates or family over the water......

GBP16 now for the 16GB + afaik they now do free delivery to Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mikelovenotwar

Got mine too, thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

its down as 29.97 now

• Advertisement
Advertisement