Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding the munchies

• 24-04-2009 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Ok so I'm doing ok keeping to a healthy eating scheme...

But I'm having problems (like right this second) where I get hungry and want to snack. But earlier today I wasn't even hungry and I was snacking anyway.

Does anyone have any tips for controlling this desire just to eat for the sake of it? I'm chugging down water to avoid dehydration hunger as it is. Any tips anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Try brushin your teeth or chewing some chewing gum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

protein keeps you feeling fuller so eat lots of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do something else instead to take your mind off it.

Keep a packet of chewing gum in your pocket.

Grab a bottle of water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Water - drink lots (2 - 3 litres a day on average). I find it really works against any possible hunger pangs. And remember that, sometimes, when you feel hungry it's actually a sign of dehydration so always drink some water and leave it a bit before you eat.

Also I'd suggest you eat low GI foods which fill you up longer and so no need to snack.

Final suggestion would be to look at why you're feeling the need to snack, especially if you were already full. Could it be emotional eating or eating out of pure boredom?

Advertisement