Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vardis

Options
  • 24-04-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I've just been reading some posts on the infamous Vardis company and i think my partner might ne another person who got caught in this. It started early last year when he agreed over the phone to an ad in a magazin with the money going to the foresters childrens fund, he foolishly gave them his credit card details, without my knowledge i should add. so they sent him a copy in April 08. Now he didnt hear from them again until August/Sept 08, but he wasnt in a position to pay for the ad, he told them this but they kept phoning him. He kept saying no, however in Dec 08 he recieved a bill for £175 sterling, we tried to contact them however they were just giving us the run around. My partner then decided to ignore the letters as we had read lots of things on the net about vrdis and that because we hadn't signed a contract that it wasnt legal, however this week my partner received a call from a company called JBDR in Scotland, which appears to be a debt collection agency, now we are getting worried, so im wondering as anyone been in a similar situation or has anyone got any advice, Thanks !

Advertisement