Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WSOP satellites?

• 24-04-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Anyone know if any clubs around the country are running WSOP sats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Wolves wrote: »
    Anyone know if any clubs around the country are running WSOP sats?

We may have a package satellite coming up end of May. No further details as of yet.

I'm sure there will be loads of sats around the country starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NicoSanty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055515356

Atlantis in Carlow are running this sat in June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

We are running a sattelite this Friday the 1st of may , if you fancy the trip down we have a deal done with the Forster Court hotel 3 min walk from the club

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055548380

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Macau Cork

We be running a Satellite Viva Las Vegas on Friday the 15th of May at 8.30pm

The Cost of the event is €300 + €30 all details can be found on the website.

www.macausportingclub.com under the news tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

Thanks guys.

Anyone else have any esp. dublin rooms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi all,

I am looking for feedback on this idea. I posted something a while back and got a lot of responses so I think there will be a lot of players interested in this;

The idea is to give people the chance to qualify for Vegas extremely cheaply...

Here goes:

Monday 15th June - Friday 19th June (Venue to be confirmed in Dublin)

We will be running a series of single table tournaments with two buy-ins available, €20 (+€4) & €50 (+€5)....Kick-off from 8pm each night until late. Each STT will start as soon as we have ten players paid in full.

Players will have five full days to play as many or as few single table tournaments as they like.

For a first place in each STT players will get the following score:
    €50 game; 1st - 300 points, 2nd - 200 points & 3rd - 100 points.
    €20 game; 1st - 100 points, 2nd - 70 points & 3rd - 30 points.

On Saturday 20th June, 3pm start-time:
    Every player that has accumulated points will qualify for a No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout WSOP satellite.
    For Every 100 points players will receive 2,000 starting chips in the final. So if you have say, 600 points you will get 12,000 chips.

I think if we advertise this properly we will get up to 100 individual players for each of the 5 nights.

If every player plays on average one €50 STT it will generate a prize-pool of €25,000. That's two €10,000 packages including main event buy-in and 3rd place will get €5,000 cash.

I think we will get up to 150 players through to the final on the Saturday, but for €50 to €100 average spend players will get a real chance to qualify and if the average spend is €100 then the prize-pool will be between €30k & €50k, so three to five packages for Vegas.

Fully dealer dealt of course :)

I am working out the costing on this now; There will also be a €10 reg fee to pay before the final kicks off.

Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

carfax wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for feedback on this idea. I posted something a while back and got a lot of responses so I think there will be a lot of players interested in this;

The idea is to give people the chance to qualify for Vegas extremely cheaply...

Here goes:

Monday 15th June - Friday 19th June (Venue to be confirmed in Dublin)

We will be running a series of single table tournaments with two buy-ins available, €20 (+€4) & €50 (+€5)....Kick-off from 8pm each night until late. Each STT will start as soon as we have ten players paid in full.

Players will have five full days to play as many or as few single table tournaments as they like.

For a first place in each STT players will get the following score:
    €50 game; 1st - 300 points, 2nd - 200 points & 3rd - 100 points.
    €20 game; 1st - 100 points, 2nd - 70 points & 3rd - 30 points.

On Saturday 20th June, 3pm start-time:
    Every player that has accumulated points will qualify for a No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout WSOP satellite.
    For Every 100 points players will receive 2,000 starting chips in the final. So if you have say, 600 points you will get 12,000 chips.

I think if we advertise this properly we will get up to 100 individual players for each of the 5 nights.

If every player plays on average one €50 STT it will generate a prize-pool of €25,000. That's two €10,000 packages including main event buy-in and 3rd place will get €5,000 cash.

I think we will get up to 150 players through to the final on the Saturday, but for €50 to €100 average spend players will get a real chance to qualify and if the average spend is €100 then the prize-pool will be between €30k & €50k, so three to five packages for Vegas.

Fully dealer dealt of course :)

I am working out the costing on this now; There will also be a €10 reg fee to pay before the final kicks off.

Stephen.

Love this idea Stephen. I think it would go down a treat. A very interesting alternative and cheap way to get a package.

Carlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dyson147

Great idea.,.,.,worth a shot.,.,Hittin vegas for 50 quid.,.,,sounds good!!!.,.,I will be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anything further on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055565187

Hey Wolves you are more than welcome to Galway !

Dave C

www.theeglinton.com

have a look at our new website

• Advertisement
Advertisement