Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc / laptop shops in Carlow town?

• 25-04-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

In the market for a new laptop and will be in Carlow town tomorrow to pick one up hopefully. Where are all the retailers based? Or which of the main retailers are in Carlow? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

good one in fairgreen shopping centre just above the o2 shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

compustore or wahtever there new name is very expensive, dont buy there.. look online i reckon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

patrickc wrote: »
    compustore or wahtever there new name is very expensive, dont buy there.. look online i reckon..

i'd have to agree i'm not about slating businesses but cut out the middle man when it comes to such purchases as laptops and you'll get a far better deal. I don't mean this about the computer store in fair green rather about all the computer stores in the world. I find online to be a better bargain and every bit as good when it comes to support if a malfunction does occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Yes I would consider buying online. Any ideas on who? I heard Laptopsdirect wouldn't be the best, but that's not from personal experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

i bought mine ebay, and im well happy with it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

got my laptop from these crowd, very happy and good after-sales

Dynamic Business Systems
    Clonmore Business Park
    Clonmore
    Killeshin
    Carlow
    Co. Carlow

eMail: info@dbs-ltd.com
    URL: www.dbs-ltd.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Steve Cort on Dublin Street is well worth a visit.
    I bought a laptop from him a few months ago. I thought it was great value as it was but he threw in a load of extras too. I was back a few time for other bits and pieces and alway left feeling I had received really good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

There's Curry's on the Dublin Rd. and Click in Fairgreen.
    Carlow aint the best place to get a computer to be honest.
    My friend works in a pc store in Dublin(but he lives in Carlow) and he offered me a really good deal
    Advent QC6003, quad core desktop PC,600gb hd and 6 gb RAM. include mouse,keyboard was only 600euros, plus 50euros he gave me a 22inch lcd monitor. NICE!!

but that's an April offer. so maybe there;s more nice stuff later. he brought it down to carlow for me. If you want his e-mail to ask for info,you could just PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

online - this one is great value

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=441317

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

very definitely agree with byhookorbycrook

got my laptop from these crowd, very happy and good after-sales

Dynamic Business Systems
    Clonmore Business Park
    Clonmore
    Killeshin
    Carlow
    Co. Carlow

eMail: info@dbs-ltd.com
    URL: www.dbs-ltd.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Git101 wrote: »
    Steve Cort on Dublin Street is well worth a visit.
    I bought a laptop from him a few months ago. I thought it was great value as it was but he threw in a load of extras too. I was back a few time for other bits and pieces and alway left feeling I had received really good value.

Steve is a legend! If you wanna help out local business its the place to go for the sake of a few quid you get after sales service second to none!
    Tell em James sent ya..he'l either give ya a discount or a shot in the nuts lol Its a 50/50 gamble:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

DS computers down in castle hill across from dominos do some great deals in there, young lad jason is very good and help you out with anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Risarow

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Steve is a legend! If you wanna help out local business its the place to go for the sake of a few quid you get after sales service second to none!
    Tell em James sent ya..he'l either give ya a discount or a shot in the nuts lol Its a 50/50 gamble:pac:

I lost the 50/50 :eek: but I'll say that Steve gives a brilliant service. I know that I'll be back whenever I need any computers or bits.

Risarow wrote: »
    I lost the 50/50 :eek:
    :pac:

Risarow wrote: »
    I'll say that Steve gives a brilliant service. I know that I'll be back whenever I need any computers or bits.

Usually I bought stuff online because of the price difference but I got him to build me a gaming rig for about 500 yoyos which you wont get on the net!!!
    Plus anytime I had a problem he either talked me through it or fixed it for me for next to nothing. I'd be lost without em to be honest espically with the lack of money goin round now. I'd definatly reccomend him to anyone.

And hes funny...for a cripple :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Steve Cort

Been friends with him a few years, worked with him for a year or so.. can honestly say hes a legend and he will help you and the after sales service will be second to none.

dboy.. you're a muppet..lol ;)

tell them porkchop sent ye..

ottostreet wrote: »

dboy.. you're a muppet..lol ;)

tell them porkchop sent ye..

:pac: Dont make me report you *Shakes fist* Did you get banned from drivin?!

Advertisement