Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Dimension 9200 - Video card upgrade

Options
  • 25-04-2009 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I've got a Dell Dimension 9200 and was wondering if its possible to add a second video card, I already have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB, has anybody out their added a second video card to a Dell 9200. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

I'm afraid you can't, the motherboard isn't designed for SLI or Crossfire so it can't use a second card for anything really useful. Even if a second card could fit which is doubtful, (I have a 9200 and with a dual slot card it obstructs one of the spare PCI-E slots) it could only be used for extra monitors. Also while the power supply can manage one 8800gtx it would be highly unlikely that it could power another. So the answer is no! Anyway if you want more speed you should just upgrade to a newer single graphics card, an ATI 4800 series or an Nvidia 200 series card.

Advertisement