Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-piercing ?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Took out my nose piercing for a few hours, and it closed up, usually i can insert it back in but cant this time, think insides gone a bit bumpy to.

is it possible to get it re-pierced [same location] instantly [i.e tomorrow?]
    I overheard the shop once say that they cant at all?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

can be reopened using an insertion pin maybe, all depends. BEst bet go in and check with the piercer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I had to get my tongue repierced before, it felt awesome! :p

Had it done a few years and it closed up after a day or two :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭XXNikXX

Rub some moisturiser or vaseline on it and try putting it in again, worked for me on the top of my ears and id had the earrings out for months

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I've had my nose pierced for almost 20 yrs, i never take my piercing out, the top broke off mine and it was murder putting in another, it all had to do with the angle the piercing was at, my solution was to get new nose jewellery made and have the stem very flexible so i could feed it in and round. It was all down to patience and not forcing it, i didn't want to make a new hole....

What jewelery were u wearing, you might be trying to put in ur piece at the wrong angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

have you tried reopening it yourself with a stud earring... or anything at all with a thin pin, then using the normal ring?

i lost my only nose ring a few months back and it had closed up by the time i got the new one i ordered online but got it in by repiercing with a stud and widening.... do it in privacy though, it does somewhat sting and you may want to whimper a bit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

XXNikXX wrote: »
    Rub some moisturiser or vaseline on it and try putting it in again, worked for me on the top of my ears and id had the earrings out for months

^ Do not do this. You don't wanna put vaseline into your piercing. A little bit of water-based lube should be ok if you do want to go down the route of trying this, but if it's hurting or just not going, then a piercer should be able to re-open it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

i no celestial ring in the green do it for either 5 or ten

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they refused me and said it will take 2 months to re do !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

A friend of mine got her scaffold re-opened in snakebite, and it was out for about a week or two.

Although, its been almost a month since your first post now. You mayjust have to wait till your piercer says its ok to do again.

Advertisement