Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch Unknown error

Options
  • 25-04-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Did a search on here and tried a few things but no joy. My son was updating his software on his ipod for some reason!!! Went into iTunes as normal and it said it had a newer software etc.

It went through the normal process but at end he gets an "Unknown Error 1611"..

I've tried in vein to get it back for him but nothing. Deleted updated files in itune folder,tried to get it into DFU mode but when I turn on iTouch all I get is the connect usb pic on screen.

It was working fine before the attempted update.

He has the latest iTunes software on laptop...

Any help, would appreciate it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You could try the apple site for help. It might be a good starting point.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

tallus wrote: »
    You could try the apple site for help. It might be a good starting point.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

I was helping a friend with same problem couple of weeks ago, If none of the above works you can try doing a factory restore on the device itself (no need to connect to Itunes) can't remember the exact process but it was done by pressing the Home and power button together after release 1 of them.

Maybe search the Iclarified or google, should give you exact steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Thanks for the above replies. Did what it said on Apple site, but still no joy. Only last option I have is to try someone else laptop/pc...

Thanks

Just to put this to bed. Plugged my sons itouch into a mates laptop and low and behold it reset it.....So if your haveing problems get it plugged into someone elses pc/laptop...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Glad you got it sorted MM.
    It's a good one to know for future reference.

• Advertisement

Another problem in case someone comes across it, I would plug sons itouch back into our own laptop and nothing would come up, not even iTunes. But if I plugged it into the laptop I reset it with it would be no problem.

Now what you have to do is goto add hardware and show all devices, select apple usb device and it comes up straight away....

Thanks to all for the help....

Advertisement