Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the keypad on the way out?

• 25-04-2009 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

in a few years do you think that there will be no more phones made with actual keypads or keyboards? just touch screen phones and touch screens with some sort of force feedback on them?

there are a few crowds trying to make touch screens with force feedback but i dunno if anyone is selling them yet. will it ever take over from buttons completely or is it just an iFad?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

iFad iThink.

The buttons will stay around for ever though, if for no other reason than people get old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I like actual keypads, and will continue to choose them over touchscreens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I really dont like touchscreen. Buttons forever.

Advertisement