Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing temporary work in R.O.I.

Options
  • 25-04-2009 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm flying over to Ireland next week to start some temporary work (I recently went over and got my PPS number sorted and that's fine).
    I was just wondering what I should do about my bank account? I have a Halifax current account (in the UK) and I don't know if this will be good enough to receive payment from the company I will be working for?

If this won't suffice, what would you suggest I do?
    • Go to an AIB/BOI (or another?) branch in the UK (I live in London and they wont be hard to get to) and set up a current account
    • or wait until I go to Ireland and set up an account there with the best Irish current account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll have to set up a seperate account when you get to Ireland (unless your employer is willing to do an international transfer every pay day).

The UK branches of AIB and BOI are seperate from the Irish, and can't set up an account for you. It's the same as Halifax UK can't set up a Halifax Ireland account for you, and Halifax Ireland can't set up customers with Halifax UK accounts.

As for the best - well it all depends on your circumstances. Check out the current account section on itsyourmoney.ie for a breakdown of the different packages and see which suits your circumstances/appeals to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

What you need to open an account is. id Passport etc. Proof of address. Utility bill etc. And the new one proof that you are a resident taxpayer.

One of my cousin's came over from England to work here. He did not have proof of address because all the bill's were in my name. He needed something with an irish address to set up an account. If you dont have anything you can go to the social welfare office and ask for a letter with your pps number on it. Or something issued by revenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

The easiest might be to open the account of the compnay paying your salary, the FC should know the manager and hlep it along.

You will need passport and ID though.

Advertisement