Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 xboxs on 1 eircom router??

• 25-04-2009 7:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

lads i have eircom bb 1mb now im usein it on xbox live no problem.
    now my brother got an xbox360 and is playing online.when he is on line my connection is crap and his is fine what can i do to solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Get a faster connection if possible. Both of you using Live at the same time is probably too much for 1Mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Desmondo2000

Myself and my brother are on the same router also we are using 7meg though you should prob upgrade to 3 meg at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Eircom's 1Mb is definitely too slow for two simultaneous Xbox Live connections. Heck, it was barely capable of giving a simple connection from my previous experiences.

You should upgrade it if you both plan on playing at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Problem is not with the 1mb downstream but 128kb upstream. This might be to slow, specially if you're hosting games. 3mb package has 384kb upstream.
    Also if you're on WiFi (as far as I remember you are ;)) check if your neighbours are broadcasting on the same channel. If so, change it that you will have at least 3 channels difference from either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

fox007 wrote: »
    lads i have eircom bb 1mb now im usein it on xbox live no problem.
    now my brother got an xbox360 and is playing online.when he is on line my connection is crap and his is fine what can i do to solve this?

Get a faster bb connection man 1mb is substandard if your using two consoles on the 1 connection

• Advertisement
Advertisement