Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microwave-what to do if there's no room?

• 25-04-2009 9:05am

Alright, i've been given a microwave by an uncle for dublin, only problem is that there's no counter space for it. However, there's space in a cabinet below the oven that i can fit it into. Is it safe to run it in there? Or will i have to take it out before i use it? I don't want to have to put it on the ground, but that's the alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    Alright, i've been given a microwave by an uncle for dublin, only problem is that there's no counter space for it. However, there's space in a cabinet below the oven that i can fit it into. Is it safe to run it in there? Or will i have to take it out before i use it? I don't want to have to put it on the ground, but that's the alternative.

Mines in the press. never use it so dunno about long term use. once the cabinet door is open when its on it'll be fine, sister has heres in the press fulltime and no problems. i'd imagine it'll get smelly/messy, being in a confined space so be sure to take it out and clean it and clean the shelving weekly.
    Stick it on jumbletown, with the deep fat fryer, you'll make 20notes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Putting it in a cabinet shouldn't be a problem as they are often built into kitchen units. Don't forget to make sure that you have plenty of airflow around the sides and back of the microwave, about 50 mm should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Or you could get a microwave shelf if you have the wall space most DIY places would have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You can get wall brackets for microwaves - a similar thing to a TV bracket?

I wouldn't be keen on just popping it in a cupboard. The ones incorporated with ovens, in "built-in" kitchens would have some ventilation.

Brackets: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=microwave+bracket&Submit=GO+%3E

Advertisement