Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil And Vinegar Holders

• 25-04-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have just bought an Oil and Vinegar Holder Set, like the ones you would get through the Mediterranean countries, or in restaurants. I have a good quality Olive Oil to put into the Oil Holder, but what I want to know is what kind of Vinegar would I use for the Vinegar Holder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

My first response would be to suggest you fill it with what you use, but to answer your question, the italian style holders usually have balsamic vinegar.

Pour olive oil into a dish, then pour a good balsamic vinegar into the oil, then dip a dry slice of sourdough... Yum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

olive oil, extra virgin and basamic. usually come in three's?

Can never see the point of them tbh. For the use they'd get, usually just something else to clutter the table and take up a corner in the press. For everything i use i use the bottle it came in. If i'm using balsamic or olive oil it'll be dressed before it reaches the table. Same in a restaurant, If your salad etc is dressed correctly, whats the need for oil on the table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

all depends really on your own taste.

you can use white wine, red wine, sherry or balsamic these would be the most common type.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If i'm using balsamic or olive oil it'll be dressed before it reaches the table. Same in a restaurant, If your salad etc is dressed correctly, whats the need for oil on the table?

You seem to be assuming that oil and vinegar are only used on salad?

Advertisement