Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats drumcondra like?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Whats drumcondra like around the train station/royal canal ? I know as you go out further its quite nice, but the area around the royal canal and in around dorset street doesnt seem the nicest. Would you live there?

Comments

I lived beside the canal and it was grand. Not the nicest area but I didn't have any bad experiences. I liked how it was handy for town, the airport, on a major bus route and train line.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lived around there last year. Was grand, never had an issue. Canal itself tends to look a lot worse than it is, I've often walked from the Phibsboro end down to Drumcondra and vice versa in the early hours with no problems. Plenty of takeaways, video places and public transport around there too.

My only qualm would be match days, where every inch of parking is taken up, and all the undesirables are brought in to the area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fajitas! wrote: »
    My only qualm would be match days, where every inch of parking is taken up, and all the undesirables are brought in to the area.

Agreed.
    Thousands of shouting,roaring halfwits descend on the area,take up all the parking and piss in your garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just outside the garda cordon for match days

Better to be inside in the cordon then just outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

The place I was looking at is just inside the cordon, so it should be ok, except for lots of people being around and traffic. Whats dorset st like? I am looking at buying a house so I am just a bit concerned about the surrounding areas. Any good gyms,restaurants/pubs in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Homefarm road and surrounding area is not to bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Degsy wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Thousands of shouting,roaring halfwits descend on the area,take up all the parking and piss in your garden.

Nevermind the runts on bikes making sure everyone locked their car doors and hid their valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I've only lived there 22 years, but it's pretty good.

Advertisement