Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Console - PS3 or XBox?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

noodler did you just say better built? LOL the ps3 is not well built!
    The human wrecking balls would disagree with you.

I haven't heard anything about Sony starting to charge for the PSN, and neither has anybody on NeoGAF it would seem, so don't worry Overheal, trolls rarely get their facts right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

CUTZER your full of it!

the xbox360 will run as long if not longer than ps3 and there is no talk of a 720 thats just stupid talk!

what i will say is i have both and the wii and in my honest opinion the 360 is far better than wii or ps3! so in short buy a 360!

PS BTW people saying ps3 has no faults yes it does the blue ray players have a habit of going so i wouldnt be influenced by half the fools talking jibberish! and i have never had a problem with my 360 :) in short ps3 sucks lol but i wont sell it as killzone and resistance 2 are great

The xbox will not be Microsofts main console before Sony bring out a new console, this is generally accepted by everyone.
    noodler did you just say better built? LOL the ps3 is not well built! and BTW the only version of a ps3 i would buy is the 60gb version and you cant buy it anymore becuse ps3 are trying to save money so if you buy a ps3 your buying a console that is covered in costsaving so quality now is poor, i know noodler i have both consoles and my loyalty lies with xbox! also xbox exclusives are awesome gears of war franchise, halo franchise also xbox controller fits into your hands better as sony make a controller for asian market ie small hands etc while xbox controller suits westerners hands better! believe me, xbox kid you will not be disappointed!

BTW the guys here have a point maybe you should look at a retro console maybe snes or megadrive hours of fun believe me!

The Xbox is not better built (or at least wasn't anyways), if it was better built they would not have had to revise it so many times. The widespread RROD does seem to be a thing of the past (hopefully) so it obviously has improved, but confidence in non-HDMI consoles is basically zero, I know i wouldn't touch one. The Blu-ray problem is a bit of a problem with Ps3, but there is no way its as widespread as the RROD was, not even close.

Covered in cost saving?
    The 40gb removed the ability to play Ps2 games (which isnt high up my list of things i want my Ps3 to do) and it removed 2 Usb ports (I have never used more than 2 on mine) and a card reader(also never used), other than that it is the same console.
    TERM paddy not trem lol and its not cheaper on average games are more expensive also i heard ps are going to have to start charging for live service and its a bad service so thats not good! they cant keep running it for free remember RECESSION LOL:eek:

It was a typo, we all make them? Thou with out sin cast the first stone, I have quoted 3 of your posts and you didn't use one full stop!

Personally I think it depends on the games you like, I struggle to play pro evo on a 360 (i think the 360 controller is amazing, but i don't think it suits football games)

I love my Ps3 but overall I think the 360 is the best one to go for, cause of its very good price and large catalog of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

from someone who owns both, PS3 ftw.. (although admittedly the 360 is only a recent acquisition to be fair)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Since you seem only interesed in using the console for playing games..:rolleyes:,
    here is a list of PS3 exclusives, and a list for 360 exclusives, courtesy of wikipedia.

Have a look and see which exclusives you think you would prefer to play and buy your console accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

witness you say xbox will change consoles before ps3- and that its generally accepted? who said that?

you talked about rrod? yes it happens but not to mine but my ps3 had a problem with its reader, so in my opinion xbox is more reliable. also cost saving has taken a lot from the console so i think systems are on par quality wise.

witness you then picked up on my comment on a typo, well done for that im sure you are a genius! (LOL)! and then you went on to confirm what i have said all along that xbox is a better system than ps3! so thank you witness.

I think witness is venting anger issues towards me here (lol)!

PS I SOMETIMES DONT USE COMMAS OR FULL STOPS, AS I FIND IT QUICKER TO TYPE NOT BECAUSE I CANT USE THEM IN SENTENCES!

IE I DONT HAVE TYPING SKILLS AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WITNESS.

• Advertisement

witness you say xbox will change consoles before ps3- and that its generally accepted? who said that?

Well Sony has already said that the want the the Ps3 to be their main console for longer than the ps2, which gives it to until around 2014 or later(info here)

Microsoft have already hinted that their new console would be out in 2010-2011 (info here)
    you talked about rrod? yes it happens but not to mine but my ps3 had a problem with its reader, so in my opinion xbox is more reliable. also cost saving has taken a lot from the console so i think systems are on par quality wise.

I think you'll find one person does not make for a good survey
    witness you then picked up on my comment on a typo, well done for that im sure you are a genius! (LOL)! and then you went on to confirm what i have said all along that xbox is a better system than ps3! so thank you witness.

Are you complaining about me, complaining about you, complaining about a typo? I'm a bit confused?

You're right though seeing as you made all these silly comments that I've pointed out, regardless of what I actually think, I better pick the Ps3 so :rolleyes:

I think witness is venting anger issues towards me here (lol)!

PS I SOMETIMES DONT USE COMMAS OR FULL STOPS, AS I FIND IT QUICKER TO TYPE NOT BECAUSE I CANT USE THEM IN SENTENCES!

IE I DONT HAVE TYPING SKILLS AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WITNESS.

pyzamcaps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN RAY THIS SAVES ME LOADS OF TIME BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL IT WEAKENS MY OVERALL ARGUMENT

If the 360 drops in price again I may pick one up.

Cant see it getting much lower than this.

Arcade - €150

60gb Bundle - €199

noodler wrote: »
    If the 360 drops in price again I may pick one up.
    Quiet you you're supposed to be saving up for a PSP.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

GothPunk wrote: »
    The human wrecking balls would disagree with you.
    I think that sums that up. 360 seems to have a few faults... though uncommon for the 360, it wasnt a RROD failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

GothPunk wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about Sony starting to charge for the PSN, and neither has anybody on NeoGAF it would seem, so don't worry Overheal, trolls rarely get their facts right.

Sony are charging developers to host additional dlc on PSN. http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/03/23/sony-ps3-charging-developers-for-online-content-%E2%80%93-xbox-live-wins/ This might fall back on the consumer, which is where the rumours are all coming from.

OP, based on your post I'd recommend the xbox.

Hmmm...worrying news but still, it surely is still worth their while as digital distribution cuts out other costs.

Will it really be worth a companies while NOT to put something up bcause of this extra charge? Would an extra charge per DLC incurred on us still make PSN cheaper than Live?

Etc etc. Watch this space I guess.

rizzla wrote: »
    Sony are charging developers to host additional dlc on PSN. http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/03/23/sony-ps3-charging-developers-for-online-content-%E2%80%93-xbox-live-wins/ This might fall back on the consumer, which is where the rumours are all coming from.
    Yes Sony charges developers for bandwidth (including demo downloads), but are you suggesting that developers would then pass that expense on to consumers? Sony don't charge users to play online nor do they charge developers for users playing their games online, which is what the troll was saying they were planning to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

SeantheMan wrote: »
    +1

+1

I only got the PS3 cos I got 40% off and wanted a bluray player. I have only 2 ps3 games and about 15 X360 games (aswell as 12 or so blurays), so IMO if you have no interest in bluray atm you should definitly go for the 360

grimm2005 wrote: »
    +1

I only got the PS3 cos I got 40% off and wanted a bluray player. I have only 2 ps3 games and about 15 X360 games (aswell as 12 or so blurays), so IMO if you have no interest in bluray atm you should definitly go for the 360

Yeah theres only two games on the ps3.............seriously why does this myth still exist among some?

OP look at that exclusive list someone gave you.

Advertisement