Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick port 3pay to o2 to 3pay

• 25-04-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I couldn't get the Nokia E63 on upgrade with 3pay so I bought it with a new connection. The sales rep said that I can get the €80 bonus credit on my existing number if I port out my number to another network, and then back in to 3pay again. Is this possible to do over the phone so as to save time? Has anyone done it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've done this before with Meteor and O2 and I had all sorts of routing problems with my number that I could only solve 4 months later by porting to another network.

Just be careful about these "quick ports".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

i did it last week, o2 to 3 to02 and it did work, but i wouldn't recommend it as ports to three can take days in some cases unfortunately. You can port your number back to 3 by going to their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Off topic but when you ported back to o2 did you get the free credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Off topic but when you ported back to o2 did you get the free credit?

Nope but I was only doing it to be counted as one of my ten for the iphone for €5. 1 more number and I have my ten:D

Advertisement