Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Bandwidth counter totally off

Options
  • 25-04-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I Was wondering if anybody could explain the following

I am on the 24mb BT broadband plan. Which means that I have "Unlimited" (actually 100gb) bandwidth to use up. However, whenever I go into my bandwidth checker yoke, I get the following message.

174182170149F2DF967E7E7_m.png

However, my internet connection is not yet being throttled, and BT are not responding to tickets about it.

Any ideas? Do I have anything to worry about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Dont know but how do you get that up on the computer? I'm currently with BT Ireland also

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Ignore that warning. When I was on the 30GB cap, I got that at 20GB. Now on the Unlimited (100GB) cap, it comes up at 30GB. It's never been right, but never been a problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

I'm on the unlimited (100GB) package too and get the same thing month after month. Just ignore it, but don't forget about the 100GB or you'll get throttled!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Cool. Shall ignore.

I now feel it is my challenge to get exactly 99gb worth of bandwidth in each and every month. And to complain uproariously if they throttle me before 100. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nievaxo

I got BT Ireland about 2 weeks ago but my broadband username and password are not accepted at http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/

Do I have to set it up or should it just work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Nievaxo wrote: »
    I got BT Ireland about 2 weeks ago but my broadband username and password are not accepted at http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/

Do I have to set it up or should it just work?

Did you remember to drop the @btbb after your username?

Are you typing your bb username/password or the one for the billing?

slasher_65 wrote: »
    I Was wondering if anybody could explain the following

I am on the 24mb BT broadband plan. Which means that I have "Unlimited" (actually 100gb) bandwidth to use up. However, whenever I go into my bandwidth checker yoke, I get the following message.

174182170149F2DF967E7E7_m.png

However, my internet connection is not yet being throttled, and BT are not responding to tickets about it.

Any ideas? Do I have anything to worry about?

Your counter still thinks you are on Option 2 (20 gb limit)

You need to get that changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im on the 7.6meg business package and it is telling me the same..

Im on the 7.6meg business package and it is telling me the same..

Did you upgrade from a Residential Package?

You dont need to worry though, for the moment, bussiness accounts are not throttled by BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nope, was a brand new business order. Havent been throttles yet but will give them a ring tomorrow and get them to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I've been throttled since last monday, and yes its my own fault

120 GB down in 26 days (i.e. today is the 26th and thats what the metre says)

I can live with a throttle, hey its better than being cut off, but the problem is a) I'm getting only 12k/s (i.e. ISDN) the ping is awful and swhen browsing I'm getting time outs.
    b) I don't know when the throttle will be disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

slasher_65 wrote: »
    Cool. Shall ignore.

I now feel it is my challenge to get exactly 99gb worth of bandwidth in each and every month. And to complain uproariously if they throttle me before 100. ;)

And thats why they have to advertise things like this as "unlimited".
    This aiming for the cap will put a massive strain on the network like.

The options then are advertise as unlimted and people not have an aiming for attitude but they'll give out about it not being "unlimited" or cut the amount of people that your network can service by 3/4's so they can always aim for the cap and then the network can handle the load... but of coarse then everyone else wil give out that their neighbour has it but they cant get it.

Loose loose for ISP's.

Advertisement