Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Young Player in the world?

• 25-04-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Who do you think is the best young player at this moment in time?Any player under 20 yrs old.

Mine has to be Pato,14 league goals so far.Great feet and pace.Takes a beating and comes back for more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqLr8JNLhQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Sergio Aguero, 19 goals and 8 assists this season, 28 goals and 9 assists last year, although he is 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think him and Giggs have played about the same amount of football this season. Makes sense that Macheda should win this one I guess ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Duck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What age is Anthony Stokes? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The most complete young player around is Stephen Ireland. He plays like an experienced pro but also has age on his side regarding fitness.

I know he's 22 but still, he's the key player in the richest club in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

K4t wrote: »
    The most complete young player around is Stephen Ireland. He plays like an experienced pro but also has age on his side regarding fitness.

Fàbregas is a level above him and is only 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Boggles wrote: »
    Fàbregas is a level above him and is only 21.

True and neither under 20 like the OP said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aguero for me. Amazing player

Robbie Fowler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

K4t wrote: »

Clever way to hide Man Citys mediocrity

Unearthly wrote: »

Let the flames begin.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Unearthly wrote: »
    Let's not go there. It's my first day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Oh noes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Freddy Adu??? (Football manager throwbacks there, the guy must be in his mid twenties at this stage, so much promise but never really made it)

On a serious note, Pato or Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Let's not go there. It's my first day.

lol, good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

kippy wrote: »
    Freddy Adu??? (Football manager throwbacks there, the guy must be in his mid twenties at this stage, so much promise but never really made it)

On a serious note, Pato or Aguero.

At Benfica these days or someone like that? Still a teen I think. No more than 21 surely. And he was hideously overrated.

Pato would definitely deserve a shout, given how few teens are playing for the world's best clubs. And starting.

Advertisement