Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental care for children

Options
  • 25-04-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the hse still go to primary schools to check childrens teeth? If not what age would you bring your child to the dentist for check ups?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

My kids got appointments made for them in the local health centre in second,fourth, and sixth class. It was every two years anyway. The dentist put fissure seals on their teeth and they got the odd filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

That sounds good but my son is in 1st class and has no problems as far as I know but was thinking maybe he should be brought soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Probably no harm to bring him to your own dentist just to reassure yourself. I made a bad mistake in not bringing my three oldest when they had finished primary school. Ended up in big bills for my 15 year old when he had to get root canal work done.

Advertisement