Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Weekend Deal - The Orange Box only €9.99

Options
  • 25-04-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

The Orange Box features three highly-awaited new games by Valve: Half-Life® 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress® 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.

To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also includes Half-Life 2, the best-selling and highest-rated action game series of all time, and the episodic debut Half-Life® 2: Episode One.

Contains:
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Episode One
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
    Portal
    Team Fortress 2

Link

Saw someone post in the COD forum that they thought a map for COD-WAW was worth a tenner :eek:
    This is deffo worth a tenner though if You've not got it. If You got any of the games they give You a gift to give to a friend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

And HL 2: Ep. 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I have HL2 since it came out but never got the expansions. Now's the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

giggsy664 wrote: »
    And HL 2: Ep. 1

Edited, forgot link as well :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

See? Steam does love you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well I've emailed that link around to my mates. Hopefully they finally get off their CoD bandwagon (which incidently was all my fault, but they were playing quake 2) and join the TF2 mayhem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

It's still only €8.49 on G2play..

link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Possibly the greates gaming buy of all time !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

If you are only getting this now (shame on you :P) make sure to also get this mod.

Half Life 2: Cinematic Mod - http://www.exp.de/filebrowser.php?go=/Games/hl2/mods/FakeFactoryCinematic

Thread on it here with screenshots - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055444470

Don't worry, it's fairly simple to change back to the original Alyx models if you don't like the new Adriana Lima model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

CutzEr wrote: »
    It's still only €8.49 on G2play..

link

I'd be very careful about buying anything off that site. They just sell keys from different regions and Valve has stated before that you buy from them at your own risk.

Valve have locked peoples' games in the past if they suspected they were bought from a different region. I've also read 'allegations' that the guy who runs this site has been involved in other dodgy dealings in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Bought it recently for 20, portal was great, finished HL2 for the first time - I have no idea what that ending was about, 9.99 is a great price - i'll have to give tf2 a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

MooseJam wrote: »
    Bought it recently for 20, portal was great, finished HL2 for the first time - I have no idea what that ending was about, 9.99 is a great price - i'll have to give tf2 a go

you better :pac:

I'd be very careful about buying anything off that site. They just sell keys from different regions and Valve has stated before that you buy from them at your own risk.

Valve have locked peoples' games in the past if they suspected they were bought from a different region. I've also read 'allegations' that the guy who runs this site has been involved in other dodgy dealings in the past.
    No one at all, has recieved any trouble from keys from G2play.

I have seen 1 case, however the G2play team were swift to fix it.

Yeah but the guy who owns the site already had a similar site in the czech republic. This site was shut down so he moved operations to Poland.

It seems like a very similar thing to Allofmp3.com. What they were doing was 'legal' in russia but nowhere else. I think the only reason nobody has had any games locked to date is because valve have been unable to trace the origin of the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

L31mr0d wrote: »
    If you are only getting this now (shame on you :P) make sure to also get this mod.

Half Life 2: Cinematic Mod - http://www.exp.de/filebrowser.php?go=/Games/hl2/mods/FakeFactoryCinematic

Thread on it here with screenshots - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055444470

Don't worry, it's fairly simple to change back to the original Alyx models if you don't like the new Adriana Lima model.

sweet jesus thats huge 10 gigs download at least :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not yet - however you do realize that Valve can region block CD Key batches at any time, right?

They are not an authorized reseller of CD Keys. I would think it is only a matter of time before Valve find out where their CD Keys are coming from and then they may take action to at least region lock them. This would not be a first for this to happen. The same happened to a Russian re-seller who were buying the cheaper Russian versions of the games and then selling them worldwide at a knockdown price. Valve just enforced the region lock for the Russian area, where the CD Keys were intended to be sold by the reseller.

At the moment Valve's response to anyone buying off them is "Buyer Beware".

Not yet - however you do realize that Valve can region block CD Key batches at any time, right?

They are not an authorized reseller of CD Keys. I would think it is only a matter of time before Valve find out where their CD Keys are coming from and then they may take action to at least region lock them. This would not be a first for this to happen. The same happened to a Russian re-seller who were buying the cheaper Russian versions of the games and then selling them worldwide at a knockdown price. Valve just enforced the region lock for the Russian area, where the CD Keys were intended to be sold by the reseller.

At the moment Valve's response to anyone buying off them is "Buyer Beware".
    Valve know it is happening.

Hence, they are saying buyer beware.

If they didn't approve of it, they would just region lock it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its less than 2 quid cheaper, I know I'd pay an extra 2 quid for a valid Steam copy

I think they aren't locking them because at the moment they can't trace were the keys are coming from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yes, Valve are well aware of it . . . considering their employees are informing customers on the their forums to beware when buying off G2Play, and be prepared for the worst.

The more people turn to that site, the more Valve will be inclined to act. It was months before Valve region locked Thai and Russian CD Keys, and users were presented with this message when they contacted support:
    Games purchased in Thailand or Russia can only be played from those countries. If you purchased a game from Thailand or Russia and you do not live in one of those countries, you need to contact the seller for a refund.

Resellers are given CD Keys to sell within their region. Since G2Play are not official resellers and since they are selling batches to people all around the world, expect action eventually.

Advertisement