Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do UPC charge forgoing over download caps?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

I'm "thinking" about switching over to UPC for broadband and phone as their pricing is very good for entry level 1Mb, but the download cap is only 5GB per month, which is not much for a family of 5! Anyone know if UPC charge (in practice, not theory) for going over this limit?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

According to people in this thread, no.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484124

They send you out a warning letter, but if you continue to go over again, they upgrade you.

Ask the sales agent to calarify it for you before you sign up for anything.
    If they confirm to you that they don't then they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

We always go above the limit and we never even got as letter from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm not sure about the 1mbps package or how strictly they enforce the cap, but the higher packages are as Sidhe says, you get 3 strikes then they upgrade you to the next highest package.

the only way is to test it i guess.

if you've got 5 people on a daily basis surfing the net and collecting email alone, you'd have a job to keep under 5gb (166mb per day), but i don't think they charge for the upgrade, so if you use more than their limit reguarly you'll need to updrade anyway. even if they did charge you for upgrading you, it's only a tenner, so it's not the end of the world and it's still probably going to be the best offer you are likely to find for the money given your usage.

try it and see what happens.

Advertisement