Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull City v Liverpool

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You blew your load too soon.

3-1 and good night.

good night is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Doss on to get the fourth ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

We've seen a lot of goals in the last few mins + stoppage time lately though. No confidence here for Pool to win yet .. it shouldn't be like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Cracking little finish from Kuyt.

3-1 flatters Liverpool a little. Not a particuarly impressive performance, but a fantastic result which is all that matters at this stage.

Keeps the pressure on United which they'll need to respond to.

WTF ARE THEY DOING? PLAYING WITH REINA??? WILL YOU KICK THE BALL UP OR AWAY FROM YOUR BOX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ref really ruined this game.

ntlbell wrote: »
    it's hulls day trust me.

I trust you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I'm marvelling in the confidence shown by Benitez here. 3-1 up against 10 men Hull and he puts on a sixth defender...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How?
    He gave one free kick away that maybe shouldn't have been, and then Alonso scored from it. It happens, but the rest of the game he was fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Aye at times he can finish well, other times not so.
    Gives everything and some more every single game.

So whats that 30 goals in last 9 games?

• Advertisement

I'm glad he ruined it you :pac:

Is this corner the 4th goal now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

if you say so :rolleyes:

The scoreline doesn't really reflect the game .. I think Liverpool deserved the win though.

Some hope remains.

well done Pool, pretty poor performance but 3 more goals and 3 points.

Over to you Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I used to be Kuyts biggest critic but think hes such an important player for us now. Lovely stuff. Come on spurs now!

Lucas is still **** though. He is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Keep telling yourself that man if it helps with that bitter and nervous feeling in your stomach.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well thank feck for that, it was never going to be an easy game, Liverpool deflated after Arsenal, Hull scrapping for their Prem lives. That said Hull are Championship material at best and got what their bullying, fouling style deserved.

Insua good forward but shocking dereliction of defensive duties, Lucas pish poor.
    Torrres well shakled for the most part, Yossi and Dirk the most effective players for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

PHB wrote: »
    How?
    He gave one free kick away that maybe shouldn't have been, and then Alonso scored from it. It happens, but the rest of the game he was fine.

Goals change games. Had they went in 0-0 all Hull wouldn't have to come out chasing. How can you say that the rest of the game was fine after that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

and that folks means for the first time in the PL we'll still be in with a shout going into May. :D Really chuffed, come on dirk the destroyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was very nervous until we scored the 3rd.. Hopefully Spurs can help open this up again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Thank Christ that's over.

Remember Utd's last game of the season is Hull at the KC Stadium.

Folan will have served his suspenion by then;)

And like that, the united fans are gone ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Ughh!! That was rough!!! Very uncomfortable watchin' that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

:rolleyes:

Fantastic performance from us. More to the game than winning beautiful all the time. That's the stuff champions are made of. Simple as that. Come on you Spurs.

Dolan "It's very tempting to believe the whole world are against you"

:):):)

?

how did they bottle it?

liverpool cheated a free kick to get a lead..

that's not bottling it

liverpool bottled it imo

got totally ran over in the first half

no first touch, couldn't complete a pass
    Dear oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    And like that, the united fans are gone ! :D
    :)
    ill always be in the shadows watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Highsider wrote: »
    Fantastic performance from us. More to the game than winning beautiful all the time. That's the stuff champions are made of. Simple as that. Come on you Spurs.

Fantastic performance, Jesus, I wouldn't say that.
    Reina was flapping, our back four had some dodgy moments among them.

Yossi & Kuyt were the star men today ;)

Headshot wrote: »
    :)
    ill always be in the shadows watching

You are grand ;) tis your mates that are the problem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well all you Livepool fans, Benitez is willing to take the risks to get the points. This is the problem I had with him early in the season.

You can say what you like but imo thats the way Liverpool should play against all the poorer outfits in the PL. You have to take chances to make it happen. If Liverpool had played like this against Stoke and Hull earlier in the season you would still be top of the league.

As I said you can play the safe game and end up with three points or even five against these teams but you take the risks and with the players you've got you end up with six mininum in the same games. I feel that this performance vindicates what I said about Rafa earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well all you Livepool fans, Benitez is willing to take the risks to get the points. This is the problem I had with him early in the season.

You can say what you like but imo thats the way Liverpool should play against all the poorer outfits in the PL. You have to take chances to make it happen. If Liverpool had played like this against Stoke and Hull earlier in the season you would still be top of the league.

As I said you can play the safe game and end up with three points or even five against these teams but you take the risks and with the players you've got you end up with six mininum in the same games. I feel that this performance vindicates what I said about Rafa earlier in the season.
    Liverpool - Stoke
    75.7% Possession 24.3%
    30 Shots 2
    6 Shots on target 0

Hull - Liverpool
    26% Possession 73%
    9 Shots 26
    1 Shots on target 5

Not a whole lot of difference there? Why do people think Liverpool sat back against Stoke at home? A fit Torres was the big difference before Christmas.

Stoke and Boro away are the only two games this season that i was genuinely disappointed about. The majority of other games we drawn or lost were down to being incapable of taking our chances or conceding silly goals or penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

micks wrote: »
    Liverpool - Stoke
    75.7% Possession 24.3%
    30 Shots 2
    6 Shots on target 0

Hull - Liverpool
    26% Possession 73%
    9 Shots 26
    1 Shots on target 5

Not a whole lot of difference there? Why do people think Liverpool sat back against Stoke at home? A fit Torres was the big difference before Christmas.
    Stats don't tell the whole story. I'm talking about letting players get involved who were sitting back and not getting involved earlier in the season. As I said at the time Livepool can get it done when they are behind because he lets his holding/defensive midfielders and full backs go on the attack and take the risk but he didn't do that against Stoke in one of the draws. He didn't do it against Hull earlier this season. You seen the amount of players that were available around the box and width that was available as a result, thats what I'm talking about. This leads to defensive errors from the poorer sides. They are pretty much defending the stuff coming from the centre and thats where it was coming from with Liverpool in them games.

It's unfortunite that the current score in the Utd match (5-2 Utd, 87 mins gone) puts this match into so much perspective :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Feck it, have to keep the pressure on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well lets be serious, did anyone expect Spurs to do what they haven't done for years?

mike65 wrote: »
    Well lets be serious, did anyone expect Spurs to do what they haven't done for years?
    2-0 up I expected Utd to come back of course, but really didn't feel a 5-2 "trashing" was on the books. I guess I hoped Spurs would hold out but had settled for a draw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement