Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airfield Point, Dumore

Options
  • 25-04-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Am thinking about purchaing one of the houses in Airfield Point, Dunmore East and am wondering if any boardies have any info or stories that might be of use to me in trying to make the decision!? Does anyone know anyone that lives in the estate and do they like it there, or have any bad stories of the estate or the houses themelves?

Just trying to do a bit of research before taking the plunge!
    From what I can tell online they were first released in 2006 so hoping we might get a good deal on them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Not aware of any problem with them. Lots are empty. Too many built just before the plunge. They do have disadvantage of being a bit far to walk to village. Also on top of hill exposed to the wind, just like all the Coxtown side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

I was renting a house here for a good while. Its nice and quiet here, the houses are built to a very good spec although i do know the original developer only built the 1st phase and then another deveolper took over and has since gone bust so some of the houses down the back are not completed.

They all have oil fired underfloor heating which can be a bit expensive to run in my opinion. But they are well insulated and do hold the heat.

As for the wind, i don't think its any worse than other areas although the wind did put out my sky dish.

Its about a 20min walk to the centre of the village. Its a grand walk in the summer through the woods, but its a good up hill walk on the way back, and if like me you like a pint or two in one of the local establishments it might take a bit longer to get home!!

Advertisement