Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions/thoughts on forum wanted

Options
  • 25-04-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

What it says on the tin.

Post your thoughts on how the forum works, and what you'd like to see happen. All opinions are welcome, all suggestions will be listened to.

This forum has to be about all of us, so we all have to have a say.

I'll close this towards the middle of June and hopefully any suggestions will be acted on in time for the new season.

Fire away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

I think it would be cool to have a monthly poll on who was "player of the month"...keeping track of who was winning it each month could lead to interesting reading at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the only thing id change is that spurs should win every week.

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

the only thing id change is that spurs should win every week.

cheers :)
    +1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What it says on the tin.

Post your thoughts on how the forum works, and what you'd like to see happen. All opinions are welcome, all suggestions will be listened to.

This forum has to be about all of us, so we all have to have a say.

I'll close this towards the middle of June and hopefully any suggestions will be acted on in time for the new season.

Fire away.

Firstly ,my general opinon of the forum is that it is top notch. Very helpful, informative and a great way of expressing your opinion and hear others, even if some of us do disagree sometimes :D

Its also excellent to know that lads are willing to help out if you need tickets etc for games,and I was helped out bigtime 12 months ago for Liverpool tickets for my stags. I too, as said before have no problem giving my 2 membership details to lads if needed ( I have done a few times already ).

I may want a hand next seaon to source tickets for 1 or 2 away games, so im just dropping the hint now, nice and early ;)

Im unable to get over as much as Id like due to finances and family commitments etc, so when I do, Im gonna try pick some of the top games.

If im fussy , id prob like to see more info on the likes of books, dvd's etc, because im always on the look out for some. Just saw this tonight by the way, might interest a few

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/harryhotspur

But overall, I'd like to say a big well done and fair play Ronan, you deserve huge credit for what I personally think has been and is, a hugely popular / succesful forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think the forum is brilliant and really well run.

lots of people are friendly and helpfull even ifs its only a person looking for tickets for their boyfriends birhtdaya nd stuff.

think its great to have a ticket exchange site as hatch has said and people really try to help.

most od the discussions are held in great spirit and reckless u dont take any sh1t which is good. had been on other forums before mainly uk based ones and most of the posts were just slagging people off not about football.

all in all im happy with how it runs and have no complaints or suggestions at the min.

i also like the helpfull links section.

additions to a sky box and links for streams showing matches not on tele. sweet touch

keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A stickied dedicated match thread reset after every game would be handy. I'm out across the Pacific at the moment and having a hard time keeping up on what's happening especially with the 8 hour time difference. Perhaps it's greedy of me but it would be cool to just click in this forum and have all the details about the next game in front of me. On top of that, I feel it's a way of getting the chatter going the way in which for every single bloody manure game there seems to be a dedicated match thread 2 weeks too early (we shouldn't go that far) but it does encourage banter more than someone posting the only thread about 78 minutes in titled: We should've had a peno for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just been on the boards.ie version of a boxing forum after the hatton fight and its a credit to this spurs forum that we dont go on like some of the idiots on that one. i have seen recklessone ban people for a lot less than whats been said over there.

i know its prob cos most are locked cos its so late(or early) but still no excuse.

this is a serious forum not one for trading abuse like some of the english ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Think your doing a great job Ronan and the forum is excellent.

The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a sticky for people to attach a few photo's of their trip/game.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

This is your forum, not mine, so if you have any ideas on how to make it better then post them here please! C'mon guys, there's a lot more of you out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Not the biggest Poster ever due to commitments, dont get that much time online! However, it is a great forum to communicate! i dont know about the rest of you guys, but i can never really get into detail talkin about spurs related things with many people as they all support 'scum':rolleyes: and others:P .Not many of us out there from what i can see! Spurs dont have the biggest fan base in ireland so i think its great that we have this place too, where we can all come on and talk about how one second we love our players and our team on the push for europe and then the next second they 'pull a totenhem' (excuse my french;)) and concede a goal to lose the game or how 'arry thinks his missus is a better striker than bent:D
    Very well run forum! No complaints! Modding is great! some other forum out there, are a bit ott with the modding then again, no petty arguements not football related tolerated!
    Its a YES for me, amanda? Piers? Simon? (watched britains got talent last night:o)......as well as MOTD:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Once again great job Ronan, travel advice, ticket advice etc is top notch.
    Some ideas

1. Arrange an away game where as many of us as poss can go. Sure with all the contacts on here we could sort tickets.
    2. Set up a fantasy football league for the spurs fans on here (might be a bit of crack)
    3. Pick one or two key home games and try to get as many of us as poss to travel and meet for beers (nothing like a pint at 7.35 before the 8.10 flight to stansted.

Some of the other suggestions above are good such as one match thread for each game. Esp for games not on tv, always helpful to see which links are best etc.

perhaps a sticky for spurs games not on standard tv where anyone who knows a pub showing it on some dodgy arabic channel can update the rest of us.

Thats all I can think of for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I am in agreement with Mullo76 about a fantasy football comp for us Spurs supporters for the 09/10 season. Top idea.

Also a dedicated thread for photos of games could be a winner. This may sound nerdy and feel free to shoot me down but we could create a mascot that could be passed about amongst fans going to games. Bit of a challenge to see who could get the maddest photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

Great job lads, Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually, its a great forum, very well run and maintained and is a credit to those who post in here.

im sure there are lots of things we could add, but in the end it would come down to just matches and links etc, and these are updated in a new thread every week anyway, which is exactly what should happen.

cant we turn this into the forum for the offical spurs ireland club or something?

although, at the end of the day, this is a discussion site, not a full on website, so we are limited to what can really be done, and as i said, everything is done really week by week.

that doesnt mean that there are no cracking ideas that can be taken up mind you :)

keep up the good work Ro, I certainly apprecaite it out here in Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Right lads, some great suggestions to take us forward, I'm going to close the thread and have a think about things over the next few days, then come back with one or two ideas as to how we implement things, to see if you like them or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement