Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eternity Ring - Birthday Present

Options
  • 25-04-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It's my girlfriend of 5 years 30th birthday in the coming weeks. I have no idea what to get her but I was thinking about an eternity ring. You might say, why not an engagement ring but I have no intention of getting married (and neither does she!) so I thought this type of ring would be nice.
    I mainly hear of women getting eternity when they have a child so would people think it would be weird to give her one?

Regan

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not at all, she will love it, I have been with my partner for 12 years and we arent married, we always said we will one day just not got round to it, we are dedicated to one another so never fealt the need to get a bit of paper to prove it.

But I bought her an etternity ring not long after we first got together, she wears it to this day and loves it, I'm sure your partner will as well, its not for a specific event in life, just a show of love.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

Hi,

The only advice i can give you is that eternity rings have to fit! (unlike most rings some can't be sized and some are next to impossible to size)

Personally i would think long and hard before giving a ring to a girl, it can lead to misunderstanding. On the other hand you know they type of relationship you have with her so if you don't think that would be a problem fire away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I think this sounds like a lovely idea. Turning 30 can be a significant milestone for many people and an eternity ring would be a lovely way of acknowledging your commitment to your girlfriend without the work and expectation that comes with an engagement ring.

An eternity ring is a more private, personal way of telling her you love her and are committed to her. After 5 years together it's hardly inappropriate!
    You might wanna suss out what size ring she wears and choose something in a style that she likes (some girls only go for understated stuff, others all out bling) I reckon this ring might be a keepsake to look back on in years to come so do make sure it's something she'll love.

It's a beautiful, touching idea so best of luck and well done for being such a thoughtful boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

I thini it's a lovely idea bur be very careful that she doesn't think it'a an engagement ring. Maybe tell her it's an eternity ring before you give it to her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Thanks for your responces. I spoke to her sister and she also said it was a good idea so I went off and bought one over the weekend. Her birthday is the 13th so I'll let ye know if she likes it or thinks we're engaged! :D

Advertisement