Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

jenizzle wrote: »
    I land in Stansted at 9.25 - anyone headin' the same way?

Its kinda strange that I seem to be the only one that has appeared with floor tickets from the HMV sale...

I'm in at 7.45am. Might have time to get some breakfast before queuing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Arriving in Gatwick at 8:10 myself, followed by a 90 min bus journey into London.

Someone save me a spot in the que! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

90 minutes?! jesus.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

there's gonna be a few sleepy Irish people there so! I'm heading off to Berlin the next day so I'll be fooked by the time I get there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

think thats bad? ive to fly back to dublin night after the gig (1045pm ish) only to be back in the airport for 930am the following morning to get to Amsterdam, where I then have to find the hostel in Rotterdam on my own, then venue..all while on tamazapan cos i'm **** scared of flying and i'll be flying alone... The flyings almost turning me off the whole week! 8 flights in 7 days..somehow..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

Pearl Jam are brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

The flyings almost turning me off the whole week! 8 flights in 7 days..somehow..

Its all worth it in the end ;)

The flyings almost turning me off the whole week! 8 flights in 7 days..somehow..

I don't mind flying but my ears go crazy sore (like nearly pass out from the pain sore) when the plane starts to decend. In '07, I flew from Dublin to Berlin to Munich, then from Austria to London in the space of about a week. My ears hadn't popped by the time the Wembley gig started, and all was going grand till the bass drum kicked in half way through Long Road... thought my head was going to explode! :mad: I've started with the ear drops now so I'll see if that helps any!

listening to Ten again..I love the remaster but they screwed up oceans so i've replaced it with the old one...i cant ****ing wait for tuesday!!! Oceans as an opener would be just incredible..only song off ten i haven't heard live.

I've started my "tour" folder. Ticket confirmations, boarding passes etc... I'm very curious about this show - what surprises will they have? Will there be a preset? :D

• Advertisement

Like I said over there, shepherds bush is at the end of the goldhawke road, and thats where the Who started off, there were a few clubs there back in their day they played all the time, so you'll deffo be hearing some Who! sure Daltrey still gets referred to as 'the shepherds bush geezer'! The Real me would be fantastic! They could even be there, they arent on tour I don't think.
    But the early opening time is really really curious isnt it?? doors at 6? they don'y go on til 8.30 or 9 usually..

hafta get the last of me printing etc done today..thanks for reminding me:)

so ****in excited!

I think there must be a preset, hopefully like The Vic, because it states explicitly that there's no support act, and as you said, there's 3 hours between doors opening and normal show time.

Matt Cameron was talking about playing more Jack Irons-era stuff - he mentioned Rival and Mankind too, so maybe we'll get those.

I'll take Faithful and a proper version of In My Tree over either of those..sounds like he's working on it though.. I can effin play the drum part to In My Tree, I don't buy for one second that MC can't play it..still he shines live though, other than the fact that he speeds *everyeffinthing* up to the point of ruination sometimes..Corduroy and Given to Fly need to back from lightspeed and find their groove again.

Corduroy and Given to Fly need to back from lightspeed and find their groove again.

One major thing that bugs me is the way he always starts off the second verse of GTF wrong - misplaced beat or something, I'm not sure, cos I can't play drums for the life of me, but that part just makes me cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I'll take Faithful and a proper version of In My Tree over either of those..sounds like he's working on it though.. I can effin play the drum part to In My Tree, I don't buy for one second that MC can't play it.quote]

In My Tree pains me live, that extended chorus upsets the tits off me, it takes the power away from the song. The song should have a 'get off my case'esqe feel but instead it seems like its too easy going now. "You're in your tree, awesome!" but its seems with the mellow live version, they forgot why they are in the tree in the first place! THE SKY I SCRAPE should be screamed or yelled!!!! And Mike's leads have disappeared!
    :(

feck..i never have noticed that *in given to fly* and i'm deffo gonna notice it now haha

haha... lets say no more about it!! :D Matt shall be scorned the next time he does it though!

I'll take Faithful and a proper version of In My Tree over either of those..sounds like he's working on it though.. I can effin play the drum part to In My Tree, I don't buy for one second that MC can't play it..still he shines live though, other than the fact that he speeds *everyeffinthing* up to the point of ruination sometimes..Corduroy and Given to Fly need to back from lightspeed and find their groove again.

If they just played the entire Yield album i'd be a happy happy man! ;)

Have they ever actually done that? I'm not sure if they have for Yield..it happened for 10 and S/T for sure..

Have they ever actually done that? I'm not sure if they have for Yield..it happened for 10 and S/T for sure..

No, just Ten start to end 13/3/92 in Frankfurt and Avacado 19/9/06 in Turin.
    Yield start to end would be amazing, and as for Vitalogy :eek: , that would go down as my favourite thing of all time!!

Have ye heard Amongst the Waves, probably my favourite bit ive heard so far from Backspacer and the clip i only 15 seconds long and poor quality, sounds fairly awesome IMO!!
    http://mobileimage.ztango.com/sound/vttone/wavesedits0806.mp3

• Advertisement

I've got a mate works for Universal & he's played me the record twice and it's brilliant. (won't give it to me the prick)
    Short, as in it flies by, but I liked it. Only thing I know is I hated Avacado-nt..It's kiiiinda like that but much better. Amongst the Waves isn't the best thing on there, it's close but not top spot. The end, The End, The End..just wait!

I think I'm the only one who likes Matt's take on Jack Irons-era songs, and how he speeds up Given to Fly and Corduroy. They could slow down Even Flow though, and shorten it. It had a lot more punch circa 1992.

dimejinky, I can't believe you've heard Backspacer. The End sounded great on a crappy quality recording for an EV solo show. I look forward to the proper thing.

you HAVE to see the australian tour film from 1995!
    Jack Irons on drums! 2 hours of complete deadliness and the very absolute funkiest most deadly version of evenflow that was ever played!!

btw-MC is ruining GTF & Corduroy..its wrong altogether how fast they are..wrong..

you HAVE to see the australian tour film from 1995!
    Jack Irons on drums! 2 hours of complete deadliness and the very absolute funkiest most deadly version of evenflow that was ever played!!

btw-MC is ruining GTF & Corduroy..its wrong altogether how fast they are..wrong..

ya, 95 movie is great, go is amazing on it, great version of Let my love open the door (a cover that could do wit being played by the full band again!), and a deadly Porch to name a few! Some funny moments in there too!

I love the way Corduroy has been done in the past few years!:)Speed and everything!

btw Blood will be spilled if ye Shepard's Bush f*cks don't get online asap after the gig and tell us back home the set, quality, etc.:pha ha!

On a site note at the end of yer next posts guys would you mind feeding my curiosity and tell me what yer fav song(s) off Avocado were at the end of yer next post.:D If ye don't mind.

Big Wave & Army Reserve

If I get a wifi signal anywhere I'll tell all :D

I spent the morning watching FreeAss Records videos on youtube that was set up by Dave Abbruzzese. Great moments from years ago from a different perspective.

I especially loved this one:

As for the fave songs?

Inside Job (first song I saw them play live) and probably Comatose... there's ain't a lot to choose from on that album, and I despise Parachutes the more I hear it :o

I love the way Corduroy has been done in the past few years!:)Speed and everything!

btw Blood will be spilled if ye Shepard's Bush f*cks don't get online asap after the gig and tell us back home the set, quality, etc.:pha ha!

On a site note at the end of yer next posts guys would you mind feeding my curiosity and tell me what yer fav song(s) off Avocado were at the end of yer next post.:D If ye don't mind.

Big Wave & Army Reserve

Thats gas..i disagree with justabout everything you posted! Corduroy fast ruins the song!
    Army Reserve and Big wave are two of the biggest turds theyve ever recorded! Pj are obviously a great band if they have something for everyone like this :)

by the way-you can see the setlist relayed live on theskyiscrape.com or on the message pit...blackredyellow.com are pretty good too at having it as they happen, sog by song..check it out if yer online.

Thats gas..i disagree with justabout everything you posted! Corduroy fast ruins the song!
    Army Reserve and Big wave are two of the biggest turds theyve ever recorded! Pj are obviously a great band if they have something for everyone like this :)

by the way-you can see the setlist relayed live on theskyiscrape.com or on the message pit...blackredyellow.com are pretty good too at having it as they happen, sog by song..check it out if yer online.

Haha!:pac: Pearl Jam : cater for all tastes!:D
    You don't like Big Wave, im guessing you're not a Fixer fan either!:cool:

I know about 2 sites doing that, but i was lookin' for a human review from people iv shot the sh1t with here for opinions on it. You're going, aren't you dimeister?

I've got a mate works for Universal & he's played me the record twice and it's brilliant. (won't give it to me the prick)
    Short, as in it flies by, but I liked it. Only thing I know is I hated Avacado-nt..It's kiiiinda like that but much better. Amongst the Waves isn't the best thing on there, it's close but not top spot. The end, The End, The End..just wait!

You lucky git!!

Always though EV's Into The Wild soundtrack was way too short, every time I listen to it I'm left feeling like he owes me at least another 15-20 mins, love it!

Favourite songs on Avocado are probably Big Wave & Inside Job.
    They just do the extended outro to perfection, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror, All those Yesterdays, Grievance. Beautiful.

• Advertisement

fortuneg wrote: »
    They just do the extended outro to perfection, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror, All those Yesterdays, Grievance. Beautiful.

F*CKIN A!!!!!!!

+1
    One of my favourite (possible no.1) things about Pearl Jam is 10* outros like All Those Yesterdays, Greivance, Evenflow, Glorified G, the live Corduroy cresendo, etc. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Advertisement