Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mushy wrote: »
    He's the info guy. Not like he can give too much away or else he wouldn't be given the info.

Well he should keep his mouth shut instead of continuously teasing false stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Bassfish wrote: »
    I was at Wulheide in 2010, great venue. Easy to get to, east to get in, no mad qeues, well organised, easy to get back to the city afterwards. Compare that to Slane!

Wish i could say the same about Waldbuhne 2018..left to queue for hours in sweltering heat with no shade/toilets/drink facilities outside the venue with no security/barriers in use to manage the queue..just a snake of thousands of people down a winding road probably 8/10 people wide.At gates open time (5pm)..the gates did not open leading to crushing and angry and frustrated people booing the few security they could see hidden behind the gates. Then to top it all when gates did open people just ignored the queues and walked straight up the path beside the queue to the front and forced their way in..could have got extremely messy..the gig more than made up for it thou!

Well he should keep his mouth shut instead of continuously teasing false stories.

He doesnt tease false stories..just facts..without him there would be no info. Knowing the dates from him leaking them a day or two before they were released in the past has saved us a lot on hotels and flights. Without his info i would have no clue PJ are playing Europe next summer and be planning and even worse booking other stuff to do. This way ill hold out and see whats announced and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wish i could say the same about Waldbuhne 2018..left to queue for hours in sweltering heat with no shade/toilets/drink facilities outside the venue with no security/barriers in use to manage the queue..just a snake of thousands of people down a winding road probably 8/10 people wide.At gates open time (5pm)..the gates did not open leading to crushing and angry and frustrated people booing the few security they could see hidden behind the gates. Then to top it all when gates did open people just ignored the queues and walked straight up the path beside the queue to the front and forced their way in..could have got extremely messy..the gig more than made up for it thou!

Yeah was a scorcher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What false stories are these? He's been more than reliable in the past, he cant be accountable for others running of with the bits of info and coming up way off.

Keeponrockin, that queue was horrific. Quite easily the worst queuing system to exist, not even Slane could be that bad. Luckily inside was the best venue to be in.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    What false stories are these? He's been more than reliable in the past, he cant be accountable for others running of with the bits of info and coming up way off.

Keeponrockin, that queue was horrific. Quite easily the worst queuing system to exist, not even Slane could be that bad. Luckily inside was the best venue to be in.
    Slane is a dream compared to that day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Pearl Jem tonight in the Empire in Belfast. Yay!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

....ten club newsletter . tour going to happen alright . they always give a reminder about memberships before it gets announced !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Hold onto your wallets

This is interesting cos the internal band fight this summer was they refused to tour cos they had no new album and it’s been 6 or 7 years since the last.

Tbh I’d happily see Pearl Jam just be a legacy act that tour on former glories rather than embarrassing themselves with god awful muck like can’t deny me.

I wished they’d mellow and become a Neil young like more interesting and nuanced outfit.
    Sadly they aren’t even friends it’s an operation that solely exists to keep their very sizable crew employed. They don’t even like each other. That could be a great energy for great music but it’s not. Sadly.
    They’ve lost what it means to be a band. I’d love to go back in time and show them what it is they’ve become.

Dublin show though. Wait n see.

Hold onto your wallets

This is interesting cos the internal band fight this summer was they refused to tour cos they had no new album and it’s been 6 or 7 years since the last.

Tbh I’d happily see Pearl Jam just be a legacy act that tour on former glories rather than embarrassing themselves with god awful muck like can’t deny me.

I wished they’d mellow and become a Neil young like more interesting and nuanced outfit.
    Sadly they aren’t even friends it’s an operation that solely exists to keep their very sizable crew employed. They don’t even like each other. That could be a great energy for great music but it’s not. Sadly.
    They’ve lost what it means to be a band. I’d love to go back in time and show them what it is they’ve become.

Dublin show though. Wait n see.

Any evidence of this not bring friends thing? Don't think Ireland will be included anyway, be very handy if it was though

• Advertisement

Yeah I always thought Eddie and Stone seem to be friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Stop moaning has a source very close to the band, you can pretty much take anything he says here as gospel.

Stop moaning has a source very close to the band, you can pretty much take anything he says here as gospel.

Not at all. It’s common knowledge among some very clued in within the community.
    They were really pissed off with Ed not engaging to record and now it seems he’s written songs with Glen for some soundtrack. Go figure that one out.

Not at all. It’s common knowledge among some very clued in within the community.
    They were really pissed off with Ed not engaging to record and now it seems he’s written songs with Glen for some soundtrack. Go figure that one out.

Jesus, eager to release more like Cant Deny Me so. I wouldn't say they aren't friends though, could just be pissed off cos wanted to get it done.

There was some deleted tweet/Instagram of Jeff where it mentioned album in the works/be done soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

If you are who I think you are then you have an excellent source :P

If you are who I think you are then you have an excellent source :P

? Not me guv. Gleaned all that from a couple of closed FB PJ touring groups I’m in.
    While back they all seemed to say the album was finished and going to drop out of the blue and this was the plan. Then announce tour. Now it looks like They haven’t even started. Some neck going on tour again with no new material.

Dates coming up on tenclub forum attached . (These are just mainly from info given two posters who claim to be in the know ! ) I wont be booking anything on this info !!

exilec wrote: »
    Dates coming up on tenclub forum attached . (These are just mainly from info given two posters who claim to be in the know ! ) I wont be booking anything on this info !!

That lad says himself it's best guess. Yeah it's based on Dimis stuff, but no way could somebody book anything based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eddie loves playing Ireland when hes solo but doesnt seem bothered with the band ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie loves playing Ireland when hes solo but doesnt seem bothered with the band ??

Lots of money to be made from plebs who will pay over the odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I don't see anything when I click that link?

Oh it's been changed back to the 2018 tour graphics.
    It was the 2020 tour.
    Probably should have screenshotted it!

Edit: Found it
    496297.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

So, they are coming to Europe next year ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

It seems so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Great, another tour that wont include the Emerald Isle...….. ;) :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

greenspurs wrote: »
    Great, another tour that wont include the Emerald Isle...….. ;) :P

Yes, but another excuse for a European City break or 2!!

Selecting a city is going to be tough for this. Will be limited to weekends most likely, that means festivals. Only convenient one will be London, which seems like Hyde Park and possibly a Friday. Dont want to run out of babysitter parent credits after 4 months either

No Dublin
    (If this list of previous tour posters are actually a guide)
    https://twitter.com/pearljam/status/1201166564512456705?s=21

• Advertisement

No Dublin
    (If this list of previous tour posters are actually a guide)
    https://twitter.com/pearljam/status/1201166564512456705?s=21

No Dublin again alright ! Monday 9pm for lollapalooza and rock wrechter , so I imagine everything at once. ??

Advertisement