Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah Dimi just posted what he described as his last hint in the PJ site thread related to the tour buildup and he posts in there every day so looks like announcement tomorrow🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

exilec wrote: »
    No Dublin again alright ! Monday 9pm for lollapalooza and rock wrechter , so I imagine everything at once. ??

If there is no Irish gig it will be very disappointing.
    Eddie will have taken us for fools twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

If there is no Irish gig it will be very disappointing.
    Eddie will have taken us for fools twice.

It’s nothing to do with Eddie. He doesn’t book the gigs or even know where they’re going to be most often.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,279 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bollocks anyway

Saw them at London 1 in 2018, they do warrant travelling abroad to see them but dont think I'll bother this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Now put up a pic of Mike with caption 'Are you ready'

Here come the christmas announcements. London will be convenient but hyde park I'm very unsure of. Might just try for Amsterdam, a last gig of the tour would be cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

It’s nothing to do with Eddie. He doesn’t book the gigs or even know where they’re going to be most often.

Don't be so naive to think Eddie only goes where he's told to go or like he doesn't have a say in where he goes.
    If the man wanted to come here , he would come here.

He obviously doesn't care and in all likelihood he probably he never cared. Would it be nice if he fulfilled his promise to us after we sold out his solo shows 3 times?? Of course , but is it really that surprising that he snubbed us again?? Not really.

I turned off this guy a long time ago. How people still kiss his ass over here is beyond me. The guys a chithouse.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Don't be so naive to think Eddie only goes where he's told to go or like he doesn't have a say in where he goes.

He obviously doesn't care and in all likelihood he probably he never cared. Would it be nice if he fulfilled his promise to us after we sold out his solo shows 3 times?? Of course , but is it really that surprising that he snubbed us again?? Not really.

I turned off this guy a long time ago. How people still kiss his ass over here is beyond me. The guys a chithouse.

Yet here you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As an act whoever books the gigs they are creatures of habit and the teaser posters thing suggests as much again.

If Eddie doesn't have an idea of where the band could be going given that it's such a trend Amsterdam,Werchter,London,Vienna,Berlin,etc etc guy is simply an idiot.

I love how this is thrown at Eddie. If he has a say where Pearl Jam play, then Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff will too.

If he snubbed us again, can you give us more insight into the discussions to try and get them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As an act whoever books the gigs they are creatures of habit and the teaser posters thing suggests as much again.

If Eddie doesn't have an idea of where the band could be going given that it's such a trend Amsterdam,Werchter,London,Vienna,Berlin,etc etc guy is simply an idiot.

A band like Pearl Jam who don't play many gigs can choose to play exactly where and when they wish.

If their fee is 1m as has been widely reported ,then a promoter should be bending over backwards to bring them here.

They'd easily sell out the RDS and Slane would sell very well too.
    London will be convenient but hyde park I'm very unsure of.

The problem with Hyde Park is the Golden Circle ,Diamond Circle etc bolloxology.
    Standard general admission tickets mean you will be miles away ,anywhere decent you need to pay big moola.

• Advertisement

If I think this is the way it works than its MCD and Aiken who are not giving the record company's/band management enough of those $$ . There doing well with there radio/teeny bop bands to bother bringing oldies over for one off shows. Kudos to them for Sunstroke but nah not enough

Mushy wrote: »
    I love how this is thrown at Eddie. If he has a say where Pearl Jam play, then Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff will too.

If he snubbed us again, can you give us more insight into the discussions to try and get them here?

In fairness the guys are not part of his solo treks,I'd say its quite obviously been thrown at Eddie for the reason he played 3 times solo charging
    100 quid a ticket to play Pearl Jam covers and people have a strong appetite for the whole package only for the tour to overlook again despite being in Europe.

A band like Pearl Jam who don't play many gigs can choose to play exactly where and when they wish.

If their fee is 1m as has been widely reported ,then a promoter should be bending over backwards to bring them here.

They'd easily sell out the RDS and Slane would sell very well too.

The problem with Hyde Park is the Golden Circle ,Diamond Circle etc bolloxology.
    Standard general admission tickets mean you will be miles away ,anywhere decent you need to pay big moola.

That's essentially it. Hopefully 10 club can be closer. Actually tempted by london now cos apparently Pixies supporting.

In fairness the guys are not part of his solo treks,I'd say its quite obviously been thrown at Eddie for the reason he played 3 times solo charging
    100 quid a ticket to play Pearl Jam covers and people have a strong appetite for the whole package only for the tour to overlook again despite being in Europe.

Yeah I know, it just means eddie alone doesn't decide where to play. Maybe none of them do. I just blame the promoters not stumping up the cash, especially as its known they'll only do limited number of gigs and take up rest days

Yeah I know, it just means eddie alone doesn't decide where to play. Maybe none of them do. I just blame the promoters not stumping up the cash, especially as its known they'll only do limited number of gigs and take up rest days

So it means this bollocks of 'happy to be in Dublin', 'best audience in the world' etc is untrue

Wont stop me going to future gigs but I'll be turning my ears for that ****e

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So it means this bollocks of 'happy to be in Dublin', 'best audience in the world' etc is untrue

Wont stop me going to future gigs but I'll be turning my ears for that ****e

You'll be doing that at many many shows then

You'll be doing that at many many shows then

Should be fun

They should take the Dylan approach and say **** all

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Should be fun

They should take the Dylan approach and say **** all

Every band should. Can be happy to play in a place, but doesn't mean they'll come back. The lovely nature of touring

Every band should. Can be happy to play in a place, but doesn't mean they'll come back. The lovely nature of touring

Shows nowadays seems so scripted/routined

Obv some has to be to fit the theme of the tour etc but I think social media has strengthened the rise of the superfan. You can meet some decent ones now doubt but some can be egotistical

Just basics lads.

Bands don’t pick and choose where they want to go ultimately.

Their management approach local promoters often a year out from the tour, within different markets all over Europe/the world and they’ll go with whoever is willing to pay and has venue availability.

Stop with the stupidity of feeling snubbed by eddie or Pearl Jam.
    That isn’t how it works. They most often don’t even know where they’re going until it’s all been confirmed.
    They don’t have to bother with that stuff *thats why you have have management*

Mcd just don’t want to pay them their fee. It’s really that simple.

• Advertisement

They most often don’t even know where they’re going until it’s all been confirmed.
    You've stated this already so you are telling me they won't be playing The Netherlands,UK,Belgium,Germany,Poland,Austria because I'm willing to say that they are its kind of predictable like and this has not just Ireland but places like France even where they haven't played in sometime and Eddie wound up the French fans by actually playing France in the meantime but at a private function for a celebrity.

You've stated this already so you are telling me they won't be playing The Netherlands,UK,Belgium,Germany,Poland,Austria because I'm willing to say that they are its kind of predictable like and this has not just Ireland but places like France even where they haven't played in sometime and Eddie wound up the French fans by actually playing France in the meantime but at a private function for a celebrity.

Well theres not that many countries to choose from. Nearly every bands euro tours goes to all those countries. That and they're going to France this trip

Mcd just don’t want to pay them their fee. It’s really that simple.

Why not? Unless there is actual proof that PJ charge £1m in booking fee's , then it isn't really that simple , is it?

Is it hearsay or fact? If every other promoter can pay them , why can't MCD.

If lesser off country's in South America can afford them , why can't we?

Going back a few years , but this article puts PJ in the secondary bracket around the 500k -750k range

https://consequenceofsound.net/2014/06/still-want-to-book-your-favorite-band-heres-how-much-itll-actually-cost/

Well theres not that many countries to choose from.

Okay for more clarity there is however a multitude of different cities they could play but these will be familiar or are you saying they won't be? Date in France aside.

Why not? Unless there is actual proof that PJ charge £1m in booking fee's , then it isn't really that simple , is it?

Is it hearsay or fact? If every other promoter can pay them , why can't MCD.

If lesser off country's in South America can afford them , why can't we?

Going back a few years , but this article puts PJ in the secondary bracket around the 500k -750k range

https://consequenceofsound.net/2014/06/still-want-to-book-your-favorite-band-heres-how-much-itll-actually-cost/

Go look at the attendances of the string of individual shows played in South America over the years and revenue accrued and then apply that to possible attendance at a show in Ireland and come back to us. Hint. South America is a whole lot bigger a market than Ireland. And they’d never Been there up until relatively recently.
    Economics son.

-** look up the price of a Pj ticket in Berlin last year. Then realize no way would it be that cheap if it was here. Then wonder why. We have the same currency after all. So??
    There’s loads and loads of reasons. But see if you can figure some of them out.
    Hint. It’s not cos eddie and mike don’t like you.

Okay for more clarity there is however a multitude of different cities they could play but these will be familiar or are you saying they won't be? Date in France aside.

They will be familiar, but when they're playing a country, these are the most likely cities to play there. Bar I'd say Frankfurt and Imola and maybe Krakow

-** look up the price of a Pj ticket in Berlin last year. Then realize no way would it be that cheap if it was here. Then wonder why. We have the same currency after all. So??
    There’s loads and loads of reasons. But see if you can figure some of them out.
    Hint. It’s not cos eddie and mike don’t like you.

Hey , you're the person who knows it all and claims the situation is very simple , so please educate me why MCD won't want to book a major act like PJ?

And lets not throw mythical booking figures around anymore. Facts only please.

Go look at the attendances of the string of individual shows played in South America over the years and revenue accrued and then apply that to possible attendance at a show in Ireland and come back to us. Hint. South America is a whole lot bigger a market than Ireland. And they’d never Been there up until relatively recently.
    Economics son.

Cheaper tickets. Beefed up security. Travel expenses. It all evens itself out.

Fact is no high profile act should be beyond our reach. Particularity not a band that could potentially sell out a whole week at the O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Looks like BST festival in Hyde Park, London to announce them as a headliner in today

Advertisement