Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Burty330 wrote: »
    Cheaper tickets. Beefed up security. Travel expenses. It all evens itself out.

Fact is no high profile act should be beyond our reach. Particularity not a band that could potentially sell out a whole week at the O2

I dont think its beyond our reach, its beyond MCDs bothering (they're a private company, they dont have to stump up the cash to bring them over). It is bizarre that they wouldn't though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    They will be familiar, but when they're playing a country, these are the most likely cities to play there. Bar I'd say Frankfurt and Imola and maybe Krakow

The Tauron in Krakow I presume as venues are the mostly familiar and they played there on last tour, they usually do like 2 dates in Italy but they seem to be the ones they change up. You have to say if you line this up with another tour cycle with most other bands in same 2 year period it's pretty unusual to hit same places while ignoring other areas at the same time. Maybe thats a testament to their pulling power of course; they are able to saturate the same locations with minimal dates knowing people will travel.

Stopmoaningffs more than once said the band wouldn't even know where they were playing,c'mon.

The Tauron in Krakow I presume as venues are the mostly familiar and they played there on last tour, they usually do like 2 dates in Italy but they seem to be the ones they change up. You have to say if you line this up with another tour cycle with most other bands in same 2 year period it's pretty unusual to hit same places while ignoring other areas at the same time. Maybe thats a testament to their pulling power of course; they are able to saturate the same locations with minimal dates knowing people will travel.

Stopmoaningffs more than once said the band wouldn't even know where they were playing,c'mon.

They dont tend to play huge venues either though (Berlin is 20k). Krakow was a late change from Lodz, if the rumours are to be believed. Think Krakow is bigger arena though.

The band wont know where they're playing in the sense that the Management will do the negotiations. They'll know Europe is planned, they'd at a minimum guess where they're playing, might have some say in final locations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Full tour is announced

https://pearljam.com/tour

• Advertisement

For 10 club, if I enter for 2 tickets to 1 show, the second person doesn't have to be a member right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

10 Club London Tickets bought - Seems to be right at the stage with access to come and go as you wish. Delighted

Mushy wrote: »
    For 10 club, if I enter for 2 tickets to 1 show, the second person doesn't have to be a member right?

Nope - will just be under your name at will call

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lassykk wrote: »
    10 Club London Tickets bought - Seems to be right at the stage with access to come and go as you wish. Delighted

Yip ,the Golden Circle is essentially reserved for 10 Club members and the prawn sandwich brigade paying £299.
    I dont think its beyond our reach, its beyond MCDs bothering (they're a private company, they dont have to stump up the cash to bring them over). It is bizarre that they wouldn't though

MCD are essentially Livenation now with the takeover so no excuses for not bringing them over.
    Would Aiken not have a punt on them ,its a guaranteed moneymaker .
    I'd nearly put up the money myself at this stage :)

At this stage it has to be the band refusing to come as Ireland is a very lucrative market and Pearl Jam have a huge following.

Was looking at pre-sale for Copenhagen there now and it's frustrating that you have to buy the tickets in pairs. Thankfully not the case in London but I don't fancy dropping $260 for 2 tickets for Copenhagen and then not being able to sell the second one.

And the tickets are "will call" so couldn't even sell on in advance of the show

• Advertisement

Was looking at pre-sale for Copenhagen there now and it's frustrating that you have to buy the tickets in pairs. Thankfully not the case in London but I don't fancy dropping $260 for 2 tickets for Copenhagen and then not being able to sell the second one.

You'd be able to get rid of it quite easily. There'll be facebook groups etc set up for pairing up the extra tickets as it happens every tour.

Cheers

Wasn't a ten club member before this year and last European tour I just got normal tickets for Milan.

Being in the Golden Circle with access in and out is very appealing which is swinging London for me but Copenhagen I've never been to before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Trying to sign up for pre-sale tickets on the BST website, click the confirmation in registration email and it just links me to the BST homepage so I presume I'm registered and will get an email with a link...?

Anyone know what the price of a GA ticket is for London?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Trying to sign up for pre-sale tickets on the BST website, click the confirmation in registration email and it just links me to the BST homepage so I presume I'm registered and will get an email with a link...?

Anyone know what the price of a GA ticket is for London?

£85 or £89

If you have an American Express card you can buy now
    https://www.axs.com/uk/events/384491/pearl-jam-tickets/promopage/21193?skin=amexuk

I bought mine already for London and I don't have an American Express (paid with Paypal)

Once I clicked the link and put in my code is brought me straight through to payment, etc

I bought mine already for London and I don't have an American Express (paid with Paypal)

Once I clicked the link and put in my code is brought me straight through to payment, etc

Did you get the 10C London presale email? I haven't got one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

£85 or £89

If you have an American Express card you can buy now
    https://www.axs.com/uk/events/384491/pearl-jam-tickets/promopage/21193?skin=amexuk

Thanks for that! Looks like on the seatmap it's just Tenclub gold circle and GA. Being a bit cheeky here maybe but anyone know if I was to sign up to Tenclub today would I be able to get a link to buy London tickets? I'm guessing probably not?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Looks like on the seatmap it's just Tenclub gold circle and GA. Being a bit cheeky here maybe but anyone know if I was to sign up to Tenclub today would I be able to get a link to buy London tickets? I'm guessing probably not?

Unfortunately not

Eligibility:
    Members active as of Sunday, December 1st are eligible for this presale drawing. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after that date are not considered eligible for this drawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Copenhagen all booked , flights not bad . Idles supporting , happy days !

exilec wrote: »

I can see a second date being added there .
    Amsterdam will surely get a second night too.

• Advertisement

I can see a second date being added there .
    Amsterdam will surely get a second night too.

Amsterdam is, no other dates getting added

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Bought 2 Ten Club tickets for London from AXS, then an hour later realised I have to be at a family wedding that day!!

My confirmation from AXS says non transferrable etc but am hoping it gives me the option to sell in the axs app itself.

Back to the drawing board and need to see if any other date is possible!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Did you get the 10C London presale email? I haven't got one yet

I did with a unique code

exilec wrote: »

I didn't think tickets were on sale for there yet?

I did with a unique code

I actually did get it, see it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Sorry lads, I'm not a member of the ten club anymore...when is general sale happening...is it a mass release for all dates or staggered, I've seen Eddie's last 2 gigs in Ireland, but want to see the band once more... probably Budapest, Hyde park or Berlin...

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I didn't think tickets were on sale for there yet?

I am in ten club a long time so will be fine for tickets

Anyone any idea what time the London event might end - Tubes stop at midnight so don't want to be under pressure if I can avoid it!

Last time in Milan was carnage trying to get a train back to the centre of Milan!

Nevermind - found an AirBnB within walking distance and the ticket says it ends at 11pm so all good

Sorry lads, I'm not a member of the ten club anymore...when is general sale happening...is it a mass release for all dates or staggered, I've seen Eddie's last 2 gigs in Ireland, but want to see the band once more... probably Budapest, Hyde park or Berlin...

You can check out the "info" for each one here: https://pearljam.com/tour

Only Stockholm on sale right now if not in Ten Club

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea what time the London event might end - Tubes stop at midnight so don't want to be under pressure if I can avoid it!

Last time in Milan was carnage trying to get a train back to the centre of Milan!

I'm pretty sure the Curfew in Hyde Park is 10.30pm .
    They are very strict there .
    I think the sound levels are capped too.

Advertisement