Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Could anyone help me with Berlin tickets, really worried I'll miss out tomorrow morning, I want to surprise some friends by going to Berlin to see them and give a overdue visit. Would greatly appreciate it. Would be open to being a concert buddy, and buy you a few drinks to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Could anyone help me with Berlin tickets, really worried I'll miss out tomorrow morning, I want to surprise some friends by going to Berlin to see them and give a overdue visit. Would greatly appreciate it. Would be open to being a concert buddy, and buy you a few drinks to make it worthwhile.

Im working tomorrow so sorry cant help but if its any reassurance to you i did get berlin tickets in 2018.. tickets.de use a queueing system so once you get on there at the time they go on sale and enter the amount of tickets you want that is it..there is nothing else for you to do except watch a countdown clock which says you are number 10321 (could be anything)..it took an hour and 20 minutes of waiting for me to get to the end of that queue and book for that gig so be prepared for a long wait. Obviously for tonight make sure you have an account set up on tickets.de with your personal details and bank card details entered to save time once you get in tomorrow. And it took something like 3-4 hours for that gig to sell out last time so dont panic. Good Luck!

Im working tomorrow so sorry cant help but if its any reassurance to you i did get berlin tickets in 2018.. tickets.de use a queueing system so once you get on there at the time they go on sale and enter the amount of tickets you want that is it..there is nothing else for you to do except watch a countdown clock which says you are number 10321 (could be anything)..it took an hour and 20 minutes of waiting for me to get to the end of that queue and book for that gig so be prepared for a long wait. Obviously for tonight make sure you have an account set up on tickets.de with your personal details and bank card details entered to save time once you get in tomorrow. And it took something like 3-4 hours for that gig to sell out last time so dont panic. Good Luck!

I'm flying out at a eleven to Manchester, so close to an hour without any chance of getting back in the queue. I have my account setup, have numerous notifications setup, once it starts tomorrow on the dot I hope I'll get sorted. Berlin is the one I want to see the most over the London one I bought, because the venue is one I've always wanted to see a gig in, plus I'm in London for Thom Yorke the night before and can get a early morning flight in the morning for Berlin. Thanks very much for the answer, hopeful I'll get one, and as for my friend he is trying for Amsterdam and he knows himself it will be a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Had to make the decision not to go to any show. Gutted! Guaranteed they'll play Release in London now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm still in the queue for Berlin,2000 people ahead of me.
    What a terrible system they have ,the page has timed out a few times already .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I'm still in the queue for Berlin,2000 people ahead of me.
    What a terrible system they have ,the page has timed out a few times already .

Yeah frustrating as hell but still tickets there..keep the faith!

Yeah frustrating as hell but still tickets there..keep the faith!

Got my ticket, went down on the dot, finally got on at 7 minutes past 10, was 1750 in the queue, was real mission impossible literally was at the check in counter for my flight when I got the confirmation for my ticket. Was at it for over 30 minutes, nerves were at me. Can't wait now for the show and the London show. And plus very good support for the shows. Hope ye get them.

Got my ticket, went down on the dot, finally got on at 7 minutes past 10, was 1750 in the queue, was real mission impossible literally was at the check in counter for my flight when I got the confirmation for my ticket. Was at it for over 30 minutes, nerves were at me. Can't wait now for the show and the London show. And plus very good support for the shows. Hope ye get them.

That was fast .
    I wasnt sure if the page would autorefresh at 10 or if I needed to refresh it manually.
    I think I had to do it manually so lost time.
    I got in anyway and got them so job done .

That ticket queue is worth it for the venue. Creates such a great atmosphere

AXS are now selling Ten Club tickets at the standard price guys to the general public ,very handy

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/384491/pearl-jam-tickets/promopage/21305?skin=bst&uk_et_cid=BST-EMAIL-PearlJam-A-021219&uk_et_rid=1_1015233109534112

• Advertisement

Does axs allow you to upgrade? Bought general release in the presale.

Does axs allow you to upgrade? Bought general release in the presale.

Nope I dont think so .
    They did allow people to upgrade nearer the event ,buy an addon for Golden Circle for Eric Clapton before but that was probably a once off.

New album must be well underway anyway. Lad who made surf board for Eddie had dinner with him at his house and mentioned it will be great (hardly gonna say itll be terrible in all fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Pearl Jam put this on all their social media.

People seem to think something is happening - new music? new album? :confused:

499643.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

New album cover...has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

This is what happens when modern politics influence your creative process. The new album is going to suck. I might not even listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Burty330 wrote: »

This is what happens when modern politics influence your creative process. The new album is going to suck. I might not even listen to it

Yes cause pearl jam have never been a political band in the past.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jaysus…

Its gonna be all Trump , climate change and being "Woke" ?!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Yes cause pearl jam have never been a political band in the past.......

True.. They were political for a brief second during the 00's on the song Bushlegeur.

I imagine whatever they were working on was scrapped and the newish stuff will drop the politics in favour of lyrics about waves and nature or some chit

True.. They were political for a brief second during the 00's on the song Bushlegeur.

I imagine whatever they were working on was scrapped and the newish stuff will drop the politics in favour of lyrics about waves and nature or some chit

They have been political the whole time... Eddie used to write pro choice on his arm sure. They have had anti gun songs like glorified g on vs, they have always been political

• Advertisement

They have been political the whole time... Eddie used to write pro choice on his arm sure. They have had anti gun songs like glorified g on vs, they have always been political

And Prince drew the world "Slave" across his face in the early 90's. That doesn't make him a political artist , as a few songs in 12-13 albums don't make PJ a political band.

There's only 1 or 2 examples of lyrics refraining to government

And Prince drew the world "Slave" across his face in the early 90's. That doesn't make him a political artist , as a few songs in 12-13 albums don't make PJ a political band.

There's only 1 or 2 examples of lyrics refraining to government

There's a whole section on their wiki page about their activism. They have even set up the vitalogy foundation..... They are a political band, always have been.

There's a whole section on their wiki page about their activism. They have even set up the vitalogy foundation..... They are a political band, always have been.

Everybodys an activist these days bruh

Everybodys an activist these days bruh

So you admit they have always been a political band and that can't deny me song is nothing out of the ordinary.... Grand carry on so

So you admit they have always been a political band and that can't deny me song is nothing out of the ordinary.... Grand carry on so

Can't Deny Me is absolutely out of the ordinary for having such anti-government
    , politically charged lyrics.

PJ were never a political band to me and never were. Most , if not all celebs use their wealth to give back or influence in some way.
    Doesn't make them politicians.

It is out of the ordinary for PJ to write lyrics like you heard on Cant Deny Me.

Show me all these political PJ songs? Remember they have a deep body of work , so i expect to see a large list if songs like Can't Deny Me that are commonplace in their back catalog

They posted another one.

Must be album art?

499679.jpg

greenspurs wrote: »
    Jaysus…

Its gonna be all Trump , climate change and being "Woke" ?!!

Eddies rants against the Donald last year in London at the O2 were pretty annoying.
    Trump is a monster whilst Eddies best buddy Obama is a saint.:rolleyes:
    It was refreshing to see Ricky Gervais putting alot of celebrities in their place this week ,with their pontificating to the public.

Ten club sent a mail in the last hour and it started a little game it seems. From what I can tell, they've released map on the pj website with about 20 locations.

If you go to the specific location and use Facebook lens or Instagram lens (no idea, but think it's some kind of augmented reality add on) and point it at whatever is at the location. It plays snippets of new songs....i think

Could just be locations for a tour too

Edit: 11 not 20

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Ten club sent a mail in the last hour and it started a little game it seems. From what I can tell, they've released map on the pj website with about 20 locations.

If you go to the specific location and use Facebook lens or Instagram lens (no idea, but think it's some kind of augmented reality add on) and point it at whatever is at the location. It plays snippets of new songs....i think

Could just be locations for a tour too

Edit: 11 not 20

Dont think its tour cos only like 3 in Europe. Not long ti go now surely.

• Advertisement

No, they're convinced new album

The word Gigaton has something to do with it, possibly album name

Edit... Gigaton is 'not a gig' backwards

Advertisement