Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    No, they're convinced new album

The word Gigaton has something to do with it, possibly album name

Edit... Gigaton is 'not a gig' backwards

Its surely an album. Wasnt there some thing from a fan site that mentioned 13 january for announcement? Wasnt fully convinced, but this, the email....fits in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mushy wrote: »
    Its surely an album. Wasnt there some thing from a fan site that mentioned 13 january for announcement? Wasnt fully convinced, but this, the email....fits in.

Yeah, something was due to happen 13th

Please be better than Lightning Bolt :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/282978/for-those-that-dont-know-whats-happening-the-scavenger-hunt-revealed-cover-art-and-album-name

"The main pearl jam page gave 11 locations. Those locations had billboards. People can use an app (instagram or facebook) with a lens (provided in the link) where they can find the billboard and see an animation. Its like Pokemon Go, but you dont have to capture anything.
    If you didnt want to, or couldnt do that....we have new info.

The album name is Gigaton. The cover art for the album is below. (Gigaton COULD reference a single, and the artwork could be for a single, but most believe its the album)
    Here is an example of the animation.
    https://www.instagram.com/stories/pearljam/
    You can use an image of the cover art, without being at the location to hack it with instagram or facebook lens link in the email."

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Anyone at Pearl Jem last night in Cypres Avenue?, great show - nostalgia & classics for over 2 hrs...

Great billboard in Sydney as well https://www.instagram.com/p/B7NOKY7Bmeu/?igshid=1wr59yfzb5yz4

• Advertisement

Anyone at Pearl Jem last night in Cypres Avenue?, great show - nostalgia & classics for over 2 hrs...

Great billboard in Sydney as well https://www.instagram.com/p/B7NOKY7Bmeu/?igshid=1wr59yfzb5yz4

I was, it looked pretty fun from the stage! Thanks for the kind words, they were a great crowd and the redeveloped Cyprus Avenue is a serious venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I was, it looked pretty fun from the stage! Thanks for the kind words, they were a great crowd and the redeveloped Cyprus Avenue is a serious venue.

hah - small world :) Nice venue for sure( could have squeezed a few more in) , sound was great , kudos :)

Couldn't make it in the end, fierce annoying! Getting no luck with anything pearl jam this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Seen them play in Monroe's in Galway awhile back, pretty damn good alright!!!

Should be an announcement of sorts at 6pm our time today.

There's definitely a US tour, whether that's the announcement or not who knows

Ticketmaster goofed:
    499926.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This announcement seems so bittersweet the fact there not playing an Irish gig is frustrating. I'll hold out hope they will play here again someday. Sadly don't have the funds for a foreign trip this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Pj on tour again?? Hardly a shocking announcement , is it? They toured 3 continents in 2018.

Hoping it's an album announcement, not a tour announcement

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Hoping it's an album announcement, not a tour announcement

How about both?

And it's both!

March 27th for Gigaton.

North America tour from 18th march - 19 april

Pearl Jam will release their much-anticipated eleventh studio album, Gigaton, on Monkeywrench Records/ Republic Records on March 27, 2020 in the US. Internationally, the album will be released and distributed by Universal Music Group International. Produced by Josh Evans and Pearl Jam, Gigaton marks the band’s first studio album since GRAMMY award-winning Lightning Bolt.

“Making this record was a long journey,” explains Mike McCready . “It was emotionally dark and confusing at times, but also an exciting and experimental road map to musical redemption. Collaborating with my bandmates on Gigaton ultimately gave me greater love, awareness and knowledge of the need for human connection in these times."

Great news!

Rumour has it Of the Earth is going to be on the album.

Trying to help a mate with info for Oakland. Seems a huge amount of tix are for 10 club.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Finally......look forward to hearing the new songs in London and Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Mushy wrote: »
    Rumour has it Of the Earth is going to be on the album.

Trying to help a mate with info for Oakland. Seems a huge amount of tix are for 10 club.

Doubtful. It wouldn't really wouldn't fit in with the style of music they've been recording for the last 11 years.
    Great song though.

• Advertisement

Burty330 wrote: »
    Doubtful. It wouldn't really wouldn't fit in with the style of music they've been recording for the last 11 years.
    Great song though.

True. Had seen post on reddit and one song did mention name of first single (albeit without an s at the end).

From a touring perspective, this is only the first leg of NA. Hopefully thatll mean a second run through Europe next year with different locations in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hopefully will be better than Lightning Bolt. I must have listened to that album...twice.

Excited about the gig in London, good support as well coming from Pixies. Have they ever done a show together before?

Shame there isn't a single now, in advance of March. Something to whet the appetite. I wonder is that ambient music on the ad part of the album? Would like to hear them do something a bit more experimental. The last few albums have been fairly generic (though I liked Backspacer a lot).

The single "Dance of the Clairvoyants" will be out in the coming weeks apparently...so we'll get a taste of what's to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hopefully will be better than Lightning Bolt. I must have listened to that album...twice.

Excited about the gig in London, good support as well coming from Pixies. Have they ever done a show together before?

Shame there isn't a single now, in advance of March. Something to whet the appetite. I wonder is that ambient music on the ad part of the album? Would like to hear them do something a bit more experimental. The last few albums have been fairly generic (though I liked Backspacer a lot).

Wow. Pixies and Pearl Jam in one night is some entertainment. Pixies on their own are good, never mind looking forward to another 2.5 hours of Pearl Jam afterwards.
    I listened to Lightning Bolt a lot more than 2 times. And I think you made the right call. It's not a grower. I just kept playing it, hoping that something was going to click. I didn't like it to start off, and I think instead of growing on me, I actually disliked it even more.

Agree with you on Backspacer. I found that to be a bit of a breath of fresh air – in comparison to the previous few albums (binaural, riot act and avocado album). It was kinda catchy – like Got Some. Must give it a spin on way home this evening.

Anyway, really hoping PJ can spring something quality on us this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

OP no.

It wasnt together, but played at Rock Werchter in 2014...at the same time. Dunno what dumbass scheduled that one. Even Eddie said thanks for watching them while we could have seen Pixies. Think a snippet of Where is my Mind was thrown in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Wonder if Frank will come out and do a song with Eddie... :-)

Pity Kim Deal isn't in the band anymore. It's not really the Pixies for me... the last few albums have been forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

I must be the only one who liked Lightning Bolt so!

No, I liked it.
    Yellow Moon stood out for me, it is a brilliant song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

lassykk wrote: »
    I must be the only one who liked Lightning Bolt so!

Pendulum is a great tune.

Advertisement