Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Runaways wrote: »
    Really? It’s their most live sounding record of them all for my money. But I love all the stuff going on in the space around the main channels.
    Horses for courses.

It’s definitely not perfect. The decision to put those two pink numbers side by side in the very middle of the album is baffling. And they’re neither of them very good. I been skipping them.

Everything else is worthy up to amazing.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but it sounded a bit of a mess.
    Eddies voice seems off on it too.

I will wait for an official release and listen to it a few times as Pearl Jam's albums get better on repeated listens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but it sounded a bit of a mess.
    Eddies voice seems off on it too.

I will wait for an official release and listen to it a few times as Pearl Jam's albums get better on repeated listens.

Won’t Labour it but for me he sounds brilliant here. Huge in fact. He sounds like he cares about it. In a way he didn’t on the last two at all and I liked backspacer and meh on LB.

Wordy as all f though. He’s after making it hellish for himself. These are going to be really really tough to sing live.

Won’t Labour it but for me he sounds brilliant here. Huge in fact. He sounds like he cares about it. In a way he didn’t on the last two at all and I liked backspacer and meh on LB.

Wordy as all f though. He’s after making it hellish for himself. These are going to be really really tough to sing live.

I'm on the second run through the album now and I've turned the sound up a few notches and its sounding much better :)

I'm on the second run through the album now and I've turned the sound up a few notches and its sounding much better :)

Yehow!!!

It needs serious volume. Can’t wait to get the cd

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Spotify Mp3 all the way for me

Cant really hear the difference in other formats including physical media like Record

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Spotify Mp3 all the way for me

Cant really hear the difference in other formats including physical media like Record

Funny you mention that.

Most Pearl Jam mixes on Spotify are different. They put up an entirely different mix of the whole of the avacado record on there. It sounds way way better than the harsh awfulness on the cd.
    But loads of random songs are totally different.

Who you are from no code even has different lyrics.
    They must have a deal with them or something.

Funny you mention that.

Most Pearl Jam mixes on Spotify are different. They put up an entirely different mix of the whole of the avacado record on there. It sounds way way better than the harsh awfulness on the cd.
    But loads of random songs are totally different.

Who you are from no code even has different lyrics.
    They must have a deal with them or something.

Theres quiet a few Brendan o brien mixes of some tracks

Is he the drummer from Garbage ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Theres quiet a few Brendan o brien mixes of some tracks

Is he the drummer from Garbage ?

No ,he is a producer.

Butch Vig is the drummer for Garbage.

No ,he is a producer.

Butch Vig is the drummer for Garbage.

I Mixed up guys

hes a producer too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah don’t mind em. You’ll get that everywhere. But there is a very very scary element that go to the shows alright.

I might even buy a new stereo for this record. I need one anyways but apparently this new one is all recorded some mad new way (atmos I think it’s called?).,

Cos even on the crappy mp3 quality you can hear sooo much going on
    Easily their best sounding record in forever.

Yeah Dolby Atmos, tgats why they have the listening parties so people can hear it fully. Likely a lot of us wont have that quality set up at home.

Was saying to a friend I hope &selfishly) they can postpone the euro dates by a year, would be in a better position to go then. Some of these will be great live, will be great additions to a setlist to vary it even more than they do already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Looking forward to listening to the album in full come proper release. Haven't caught any tracks or snippets and just want to hear it in its full released glory.

The last time I heard one of their albums like this was Binaural.

Mushy wrote: »
    Was saying to a friend I hope &selfishly) they can postpone the euro dates by a year, would be in a better position to go then. Some of these will be great live, will be great additions to a setlist to vary it even more than they do already.

If they postpone to next year ,dare I say it could there be a possibility of a Dublin date being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If they postpone to next year ,dare I say it could there be a possibility of a Dublin date being added.

Anything is possible in these uncertain times.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

My thinking was theyd have toured next year anyway, with hopefully an Irish show. If it is postponed this year, itll change a lot. They wouldn't extend the tour, they tend to do short runs with big gaps. But again, that's open to change

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

First listen through on the way in to work this morning - loving it so far few odd tracks (Buckle up) but looking forward to listening again on the way home.

As said loads going on and just feels like it needs numerous listens to really get into each track.

Few days to let it settle and happy to report this is an outstanding album. For them.
    I’m not sure it’ll win them over any new fans but among long-standing it’ll probably please many more Than doesnt.

It has really only two missteps for me so I just deleted them from the playlist for now. I can’t wait to get the cd.
    When they go big in this it’s brilliant.
    Tracks 1-6 just nailed it. Every one is perfectly placed to the next and rings beautifully with those either side.

How any band can put dance of the clairvoyant and quick escape beside each other I’ll never know. But it’s Pearl Jam’s two best elements. Brave new world on one song and honouring their influences and their own sound in the next. Brave ballsy move.
    Second half is going to take more time. But only coz the first half has been on repeat soo much but there’s beauty there too.
    This one will get better and better with and with time be seen as one of their best I reckon

Aw man

He’s so happy with this and you can tell

https://twitter.com/pearljam/status/1242571883394084864?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Pearl Jam's Quick Escape on Insta..... listen to the tune and play space invaders at the same time!!

Pearl Jam's Quick Escape on Insta..... listen to the tune and play space invaders at the same time!!

Is that an instruction or an option? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It's a decent tune. Will see how the whole thing shapes up by the weekend!

I haven't heard any leaks, just gonna DL on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

This guy will Give you the willies

https://youtu.be/V_wCsiM3gWA

" The band havent seen it yet.... They keep saying they're gona come... hoefully they'll come. "

And it will be something like this I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭piplip87

Just having a good listen now. Comes and Goes is a really good tune. It's my pick of the album.

Never destination is a big rock song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I pre ordered the vinyl yesterday, can't wait to give that a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really enjoying it!

This is out in iTunes and Spotify.
    World of difference in sound from the leak. Somehow.

Ed and Jeff on the Bill Simmons podcast. Over two hours long. Worth a listen.

Genuinely think they’ve made a record here that easily sits among their best.

Genuinely think they’ve made a record here that easily sits among their best.

I'm surprised at how little time it took to make an impact. Listening to it this morning, it ranges between songs I like less than others, to songs thatll be live staples. Was fearing mediocre album like happens many bands at a later stage in a career (Lightning Bolt comes to mind). Has something new for the band, then songs youd expect from them and for some of them, they stand up with the classics.

Definitely their best since Yield (I really like Backspacer and Avocado/PJ), I'd favour this one over Yield too

It’s funny cos I can hear elements of them all in here. It’s like they really went deep and found what Pearl Jam’s best bits are from their entire catalogue and crystallized it in a whole new way.

It’s really something else.

Ps that podcast I mentioned is definitely worth a listen. They get into so much including Ed finally opening up about Kurt. And it’s funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It sounds great from a production point of view. Drums sound great, and I've usually disliked Cameron's drum sound. Bass too, esp on Quick Escape.

• Advertisement

Easily best production since no code. That and vitalogy always had a lovely warm in the room production to my ears. This does too but it’s so present it really sounds like they’re playing it live to tape and all it’s beautiful stuff going on deeper and layered in the surrounds. The last three have had terrible production and mastering for various different reasons. I can’t listen to to avocado it’s so harsh and trebely. This though. It’s something else. Love it.

Advertisement