Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Mushy wrote: »
    Sounds like a quality show the other night. How I wish I could've gone to any one of them.

Slightly of the main topic of now, been listenin to Yield yesterday and today....how coulod I forget how much quality is on that album?

Same as, I put it on in the car on monday and am loving it, been a while since it got a play!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Mushy wrote: »
    Sounds like a quality show the other night. How I wish I could've gone to any one of them.

Slightly of the main topic of now, been listenin to Yield yesterday and today....how coulod I forget how much quality is on that album?

One of my favourite albums of all time, criminally under-rated!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wishlist in Rotterdam:eek: Thats thesong I'm mainly listening to, typical they'd play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Johnnyraz

Anybody planning on meeting up before/after the London gig ?

In the hotel in manchester now gearing up for tomorrow night, the MEN is literally right across the road so very handy, anyone else from boards over here this evening??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Just got a call from my 2 sons who took my Visa card on a trip to Berlin to see Pearl Jam

Seemingly my card had a great time and the concert was very good too. None of them expected home in the near future

Low-Light in Manchester:eek: Ya know, screw going away on fancy holidays ever again!

Manchester was unreal last night, got to hear a couple id always wanted to, but tonight was absolutely mind blowing!!! Im destroyed tied after after it, but gonna keep going!
    Got a look at the full setlist during Black from a staff member, Lukin and Brain of J was on it for the 1st encore aswell as L.W? for after ledbetter! Even without them, it didn't matter!!
    Anyhow, going back the bar for a beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonegalPJ

was over at the gig, stayed in the Park Inn. first time ever got to see Pearl Jam live and god it was excellent.. the setlist was one of the best ever and i had been hoping for The long Road to open and it did!!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

To be honest, the Manchester show was one of the poorer one's I was at. I was delighted to hear Smile and Sleight of Hand, but London and especially Berlin took the prize both for setlist quality and crowd participation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Am raging, had to miss London last night as a mate of mine took ill going through Copenhagen Airport on way home from Estonia and I had to stay with him as he went into hospital :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Am raging, had to miss London last night as a mate of mine took ill going through Copenhagen Airport on way home from Estonia and I had to stay with him as he went into hospital :(

Aw gutted man, I know how ya feel, had to miss Berlin coz of lack of dosh! :(

Anyways anyone noticed that PJ have been played a lot more on the radio recently, and I havent even heard The Fixer during the daytime! :O Ian Dempsey played Alive there on tues morning, I had to take a double take and realise it was Alive! :D Also Dan Hegarty played Go, my god that man has good taste in music! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

London was brilliant, was in the centre seat of the back row in the middle section on the top floor, security said i was the furthest man in the performance area from the band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I just got back yesterday. Great tour, I'd have to go with Berlin as the best show. Great venue, great atmosphere, great setlist, great performance. Perfect, really. The o2 and Manchester were brilliant too, though I think the o2 shades it. Now I'll start the countdown until they return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

home...drained, exhausted, but elated and recharged. This band are so powerful. Berlin was very definitely the one, and that takes some saying 'cos Rotterdam was pure rock magic. They effing went for it, but Berlin? all the elements were in place, perfect beautiful venue, amazing company (Hi Jen!!) superb performance and amazing setlist (hard to imagine!!! yes!!! my first ever holy grail song back in 93!! heard it at last!!)

Lads, Jenny & I were talking about how cool it was random people appeared in this thread saying they just remembered they love Pearl jam and would love to see them etc...sell yer granny, rob a bank..just get there! you'll be so completely glad you did!! best live band walking the boards and blowing the rooftops of venues everywhere(when they have any ;)

very very very seriously considering this..both parts...
    http://www.duatravel.com/pearljam
    I don't have even an imaginary pot to piss in, let alone a real one but this? the wheels are turning..

home...drained, exhausted, but elated and recharged. This band are so powerful. Berlin was very definitely the one, and that takes some saying 'cos Rotterdam was pure rock magic. They effing went for it, but Berlin? all the elements were in place, perfect beautiful venue, amazing company (Hi Jen!!) superb performance and amazing setlist (hard to imagine!!! yes!!! my first ever holy grail song back in 93!! heard it at last!!)

Lads, Jenny & I were talking about how cool it was random people appeared in this thread saying they just remembered they love Pearl jam and would love to see them etc...sell yer granny, rob a bank..just get there! you'll be so completely glad you did!! best live band walking the boards and blowing the rooftops of venues everywhere(when they have any ;)

very very very seriously considering this..both parts...
    http://www.duatravel.com/pearljam
    I don't have even an imaginary pot to piss in, let alone a real one but this? the wheels are turning..

You were saying bout seeing them...I have seen them twice at least, so cant complain too much, but the ned to see them again is insane. People telling me not to bother cos I've seen them twice, they dont believe me its not enough, as ya cant get enough Pearl Jam live.

got a recording from Berlin..fantastic stuff..really powerful. Hail Hail souds like its meant to at long last.
    well worth downloading.

the fixer video...
    directed by Cameron Crowe..
    http://www.tape.tv/client/pearljam/
    Simple Instructions to watch this video:

1. In Firefox go to Tools...Options...Network Tab...Settings

2. Click Manual Proxy Configuration

3. In HTTP Proxy, enter: 213.39.234.155 and set the Port to 80

4. Hit ok, go back to the german site, and Voila!

5. When you're done, go back to the settings and click No Proxy, otherwise every site will load its german version.

They effing went for it, but Berlin? all the elements were in place, perfect beautiful venue, amazing company (Hi Jen!!) superb performance and amazing setlist (hard to imagine!!! yes!!! my first ever holy grail song back in 93!! heard it at last!!)

Hello!

Just home this evening, and the bank balance has been hit hard! 4 shows in an amazing two weeks... no better holiday really!

I'm in the process of uploading photos onto me facebewk, ye should all have a gawk when I'm done! Link below!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ugh so jealous of you lot. Hopefully they'll make it back here in the nearish future when in full tour mode. They're gonna do a European tour aren't they? Or was that me imagining things again.

• Advertisement

sadly, Ed said a couple of times they wont be back in Europe 'for quite some time'...hope hes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lame :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Was at Berlin and Manchester gigs and they were both fantastic. The venue and atmosphere were amazing in Berlin.. and €2.50 for beer... was great :D really good setlists from both nights.. got to hear Brother, Present Tense, Hard to Imagine, Leash, Indifference, Bee Girl, Smile... Faithful, Low Light.... ( I could go on forever ). But yea.. was really happy with both sets..

was rippin I missed the O2 gig... with them opening with Release and then Anaimal.. there was about 10 songs they played that night that I woulda went just to see any of them. Must put up some of my photos soon.. got a loada great ones...

clips of every song on Backspacer to be heard here! sounds greeeeaaat!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=backspacer&x=0&y=0

I have a feelin' I won't like Backspacer at all.

Oh dear :(

ah you will..give it some time once you get it..I hated S/T and while this is kinda like it in some ways, it's far more developed and fully thought out, as they said 'we actually finished writing the songs before hitting the studio'.

It's gonna be great and you're gonna love it!

jenizzle wrote: »
    I have a feelin' I won't like Backspacer at all.

Oh dear :(

Got Some could slip on Riot Act, The End & Just Breathe aren't really Pearl Jam style(they sound like b-sides to Into The Wild) and Fixer & Amongst The Waves could be on Avocado-esqe but besides that im not feelin' it.
    Gonna see my friend could be a gem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I'm not listening to any preview stuff,just d whole thing when i get it...call me old fashioned!

Anyways,heard The Fixer on Tony Fenton today and its his daily download today so hopefully it will give it more exposure :-) also just on paul mclune there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm not listening to any preview stuff,just d whole thing when i get it...call me old fashioned!

Anyways,heard The Fixer on Tony Fenton today and its his daily download today so hopefully it will give it more exposure :-) also just on paul mclune there!

Gotta say that I'm not blown away by The Fixer yet. I find it sounds to commercial and may I go as far as to say poppy? Plus it's being played on the mainstream radio stations now!

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Gotta say that I'm not blown away by The Fixer yet. I find it sounds to commercial and may I go as far as to say poppy? Plus it's being played on the mainstream radio stations now!

Have you heard it live? Its awesome!

Last Kiss was played to death on mainstream radio as was World Wide Suicide, Off He Goes, Do The Evolution, Man Of The Hour, Spin The Black Circle, Daughter and almost everything off Ten.

Advertisement