Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

NothingMan wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't like it when he siad he wouldn't see us for "I don't know how long."
    The new album will have to sate your PJ need for a while. And hopefully the bootleg of London. What a set!

EV- "Tonight we're going to play really really well. And, eh, it's the last time we're going to be in Europe for, eh, for at least quite some time so, eh, , , ,"
    Crowd- (Eruption of Boos)
    EV- "Ah, dont get this angry now, I was looking at the setlists of the past and ye know the, eh, the first show we ever play in 19, , , ,"
    Crowd- "ONE MORE TOUR!!!"
    EV- "I hear ya, ,, you can shut the **** up! I hear ya! Constructive critiscm, i get it!"
    Eddie then tells of playing 8 songs in 1992 and how they are going to play a **** load more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

EV- "Tonight we're going to play really really well. And, eh, it's the last time we're going to be in Europe for, eh, for at least quite some time so, eh, , , ,"
    EV- "Ah, dont get this angry now, I was looking at the setlists of the past and ye know the, eh, the first show we ever play in 19, , , ,"
    EV- "I hear ya, ,, you can shut the **** up! I hear ya! Constructive critiscm, i get it!"
    Eddie then tells of playing 8 songs in 1992 and how they are going to play a **** load more this time.
    You either have a great memory or ya got a bootleg. Still what a gig. Hope it's not too long before they're back around. Only saw em twice and that was 3 years apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Are there any decent quality bootlegs of the Shepherds Bush gig?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

fortuneg wrote: »
    Are there any decent quality bootlegs of the Shepherds Bush gig?

There certainly are. I'm sure it's online somewhere, will have a gawk around when I get home from work. I got a pretty good one anywho, but a kind soul gave me a copy at the Manchester show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Backspacer is getting reviewed TODAY live on Phantomfm by Phill Udell on the front Row show which starts at 1..good chance he'll have other tracks than fixer/supersonic..
    listen to it live here..shows called finest work songs
    http://www.phantom.ie/

• Advertisement

Backspacer is getting reviewed TODAY live on Phantomfm by Phill Udell on the front Row show which starts at 1..good chance he'll have other tracks than fixer/supersonic..
    listen to it live here..shows called finest work songs
    http://www.phantom.ie/
    Have i missed it?????

That Boxer Rebellion song is the exact same as Stay(Faraway, So Close) by U2.

HAZZAH!!!!!! He loves it!!!!!! Michele Doherty was nearly in tears listening to it!:D:D:D!!!

Phamtom are playing the Shepard's Bush gig on Friday 18th sept at 9pm. Awesome. They gave backspacer 9/10.

Phamtom are playing the Shepard's Bush gig on Friday 18th sept at 9pm. Awesome. They gave backspacer 9/10.

Fantastic! Can't wait to hear it again! :D

• Advertisement

Ah feck, I'll be on me holliers! There must be an official-ish recording of this knockin' about somewhere!

the VERY best record theyve done since Yield, possibly even No Code..its pretty much flawless..and if you dont have tears in your eyes by halfway through 'the end' you dont have a heart

an epic album. stunning. i love it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

ITS LEAKED!!! THIS IS THE MOMENT BEFORE I LISTEN TO THE ALBUM, SO EXCITED :D

Right I'm fairly drunk after my sister's wedding so I'm gonna give this a few more plays...first few listens are overwhelmingly positive tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

it's 6:21 and there's me thinkin I was about to get some sleep..

Can't complain though!!! :D thanks for the links lads...

41%.... can't wait...

woke up listening to it! I don't love it at all yet. Speed of Sound still makes me cringe a little - the demo version was such a good song, now its just too cheesy or something. Loving the faster tracks though, first five songs are great!

crazy person. ;)

6 songs in and lovin it. Feels very familar. Just Breathe could be from Into the Wild. Gonna See my Friend... What a way to start an album. Unreal.

Ok, so what would be your perfect Pearl Jam(I have a couple from Into the Wild too) playlist? Made one earlier and i'm pretty happy with it, but not sure about the order.

Gonna See my Friend
    Smile
    Daughter
    State of Love and Trust
    Insignificance
    Sad
    Big Wave
    Driftin
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Leavin Here
    Rearview Mirror
    Red Mosquito
    Footsteps
    Spin the Black Circle
    Life Wasted
    Hard Sun
    Mankind
    Immortality
    Brain of J.
    World Wide Suicide
    Society
    Save You
    Green Disease
    Even Flow
    Corduroy
    Do the Evolution
    Force of Nature
    Yellow Ledbetter
    C:%5CUsers%5CNapalm%5CPictures%5Cpearljam.jpg

Absolutely loving the new album!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

fantastic album. reminds me a lot of yield and no code. loved the self titled, but i think this is their best work since yield, in my opinion. perfect mix of songs. standouts for me so far are "amongst the waves" and "just breathe"

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

apologies go out to everyone i called psychotic for traveling around the world to see pearl jam. i think i was just pissed off because i had to wait for the new album. you guys arent psychotic. do you have any spare money to lend me to travel as well?! :D

fcuking loving it..

fcuking loving it..

Phew dimejinky, I thought ya had been banned for giving those links! :P

Anyways I spent the last day or two listening to this album and I really love it. My favourite atm would have to be Johnny Guitar, its just so silly (Johnny be having many women) and some killer riffs off Mike.

Actually thats another thing that struck me, I think there's only one proper solo in the whole album! I thought this would make the album suck, but the minimilist approach really works, and sure they can throw in sick solos at the live show anyway!

I think the shortness of the record makes it concise and focused, and there's not one filler track in it, unlike pretty much most of their albums.

Also The End is quite impressive and really shows Eddie at his heart-pulling best. His voice is fantastic in this album also!

Kinda only bad thing would be Amongst the Waves, it was suppose to be epic but only passes as good, I had a lot of expectation for it and it doesn't quite fulfill it, but its still a good song.

Anyways a very straightforward uplifting rock LP, which is no harm at this stage in their career, and I can see it doing very well in the charts. A lot of my friends who despise PJ have heard a couple of these tracks and absolutely love it, so it looks very promising! Anyways all that's left is to buy the album on Friday and pray for an Ireland show soon :)

Am I the only one a little disappointed with Backspacer?

I've given it about 5-6 spins & is it just me or is the album mostly made up of nothing songs with rhyming BS lyrics...
    Can't wait to get a look at the lyrics when the CD arrives in a few days time & hopefully i'll be proven wrong, lyrically anyway...

I'm not getting these "best since Yield" statements at all, (as I said) after 5-6 listens I'd take Binaural anyday!

I really want to like this but it's just not happening for me, hopefully it's a grower!

I've given it about 5-6 spins & is it just me or is the album mostly made up of nothing songs with rhyming BS lyrics...
    Can't wait to get a look at the lyrics when the CD arrives in a few days time & hopefully i'll be proven wrong, lyrically anyway...

I'm not getting these "best since Yield" statements at all, (as I said) after 5-6 listens I'd take Binaural anyday!

I really want to like this but it's just not happening for me, hopefully it's a grower!
    Well I for one played it and straight away, Gonna see my friends just blew me away. I do hope it grows on you, but I definitely think it's a great album off that bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

NothingMan wrote: »
    Well I for one played it and straight away, Gonna see my friends just blew me away. I do hope it grows on you, but I definitely think it's a great album off that bat.

Not a great album, miles off Riot Act and Pearl Jam even.
    A step backwards but would still go see them tour it for the sake of the older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

really liking this

a couple of the tracks are disappointing having heard them live (fixer and the end) but still a great album, just breathe being my current track of the moment

I'm disappointed by it, but I've been disappointed by the last two albums too so I guess I didn't expect much either. It certainly hasn't hit me the same way Yield or Binaural did on first listen. It's still a good album, but far from the best in my collection. After three years, I can honestly say there are 5-6 tracks off the self-titled that I never wanna hear again!

• Advertisement

really liking this

a couple of the tracks are disappointing having heard them live (fixer and the end) but still a great album, just breathe being my current track of the moment

Dave-that's a strange situation we were in this summer having seen them do some songs live before having the record in out hands. The live versions are almost always gonna be better than the record (not the case with Got some for my ears). But overall wait and keep listening to it. It'll open up and get better I promise.

Jennizle-Put that in context of your age and whats going on now compared to say how old you were when those other records came out though. I think it blows away everything since Yield and I really mean that. It's just a fun pop record with some powerful and touching moments. Pearl jam and Fun usually never go in the same sentence but they've added a whole new set of songs to their collective bw with this and I think it's win and as I said to David it'll open up to you after repeated listening. You'll become more excited about it as it goes on.

Advertisement