Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

yea, it blows being this far away from the city. we rarely go because its about an hour depending on traffic. and then we usually have to spend the night because a cab is out of the question. i will have to check those places out. what is the name of your cover band? i saw a decent band before at the kings head. did a lot of pink floyd, some keane, u2, kaiser chiefs etc.. cant remember their name though. do any cover bands ever venture out my way?

Very rare you see cover bands in Glenamaddy or Moylough, Mountbellew might get a few (although probably as often as a lunar cycle). I think you are talking about Pyramid, a great band that don't really play pubs much anymore (Their lead singer play's Vinnie, the postman in TG4's Ros na Run!).
    Im in an acoustic covers group called Jaded Strings (stupid name, i know) we play Richardsons, Bar 8, Blakes Corner, Foxes, etc. We do Elderly Woman and occasionally Alive and Corduroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Very rare you see cover bands in Glenamaddy or Moylough, Mountbellew might get a few (although probably as often as a lunar cycle). I think you are talking about Pyramid, a great band that don't really play pubs much anymore (Their lead singer play's Vinnie, the postman in TG4's Ros na Run!).
    Im in an acoustic covers group called Jaded Strings (stupid name, i know) we play Richardsons, Bar 8, Blakes Corner, Foxes, etc. We do Elderly Woman and occasionally Alive and Corduroy.

yea, it was def. pyramid that i saw. lol, ill have to look out for him on that show. mount bellew is the closest town to us that actually has somewhat of a night life.

cool. im in the market for a takamine acoustic. all my guitars and amp are at home :( what other stuff do you do? ive been really into the acoustic stuff lately. need anyone to help with your band? i need a job, lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Listen to the O2 Arena show from August here (available until the end of the month):

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/7335/live_music.html

"To celebrate Absolute Radio's first birthday, we broadcast Pearl Jam's live set on Absolute Classic Rock, recorded at their gig performed this August at The O2 in London. Includes the tracks 'Release,' 'Animal,' 'Corduroy,' 'Why Go,' 'Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town,' 'Immortality,' 'The Fixer,' 'Even Flow,' 'I Got ID,' 'Rats,' 'Whipping,' 'Insignificance,' 'Black,' 'Life Wasted,' 'Blood,' 'Supersonic,' 'Hail Hail,' 'Footsteps,' 'Do The Evolution,' 'Alive,' 'Betterman,' 'Crazy Mary,' 'Porch' and 'Yellow LedBetter.'"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Going to see em at the Ethihad Stadium in Melbourne in November.

Jealous?

yea, it was def. pyramid that i saw. lol, ill have to look out for him on that show. mount bellew is the closest town to us that actually has somewhat of a night life.

cool. im in the market for a takamine acoustic. all my guitars and amp are at home :( what other stuff do you do? ive been really into the acoustic stuff lately. need anyone to help with your band? i need a job, lol

haha! Not really although we were considering paying someone €20 to set up all our sh1t bring it to the car and back, a roadie if you will. lol.

• Advertisement

What's everyone's favourite boot?

Im a huge MA 2003 fan myself, 3 discs of awesomeness!!!:D Pistoia, It 2006 im pretty pleased with too.

I have the Pistoia one in the car meself (well, I did till my car started acting the maggot!), it does the job!

My favourite is still Dublin '06 though, it helps me remember every last moment of my first PJ show :D

haha! Not really although we were considering paying someone €20 to set up all our sh1t bring it to the car and back, a roadie if you will. lol.

the sad part is, that sounds better than anything i have going right now, lol

jenizzle wrote: »
    I have the Pistoia one in the car meself (well, I did till my car started acting the maggot!), it does the job!

My favourite is still Dublin '06 though, it helps me remember every last moment of my first PJ show :D

I've seen them 7 times in Europe in my 21 years on this planet and that was the best gig i've seen them do.
    Although o2 London 2009 and Astoria London 2005 had unreal setlists. Point Dublin 2006 was wow. (You can hear me going "Its a great place to play in Dublin" just b4 Eddie does on the boot! :D) Chick singing out of key at the start of betterman does me up the wall though!

• Advertisement

I was so paranoid that it was my really bad singing, but then I realised I've never sung that high and I was crying so much I was in no fit state to sing along to anything that night :rolleyes:

He gave me his plec after Education... what a night!

I was so paranoid that it was my really bad singing, but then I realised I've never sung that high and I was crying so much I was in no fit state to sing along to anything that night :rolleyes:

I will admit being teary when they did Black at that gig (which my ex, to this day won't let me live down).

Rats @ O2 Arena, London 09
    Given to Fly @ MEN Arena, Manchester 09
    I Got ID/Sh1t @ Wembley Arena, London 07
    Black @ The Point Depot, Dublin 06
    Alive @ Astoria, London 06
    Garden @ The Point, Dublin 00
    Yellow Ledbetter @ Wembly Arena, London 00 (Night 1)

moments of my Pearl Jam gig-age that i have been teary with joy and excitement although w/ Yellow Ledbetter back in 2000, it was cause i was upset the show was over! :o
    He gave me his plec after Education... what a night!

****in' awesome!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

As much as i love the angst of Riot Act and the anger of Pearl Jam, and I'm slowly liking Backspacer, Binaural will always be my desert island album of theirs from this decade, and i love the production on it! Pure Class!!

Just saying thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Most of their new albums seem to be radio friendly pop - liked Verses, Vitalogy though.

fluke wrote: »
    As much as i love the angst of Riot Act and the anger of Pearl Jam, and I'm slowly liking Backspacer, Binaural will always be my desert island album of theirs from this decade, and i love the production on it! Pure Class!!

Just saying thats all.

really? i HATE the production on Binaural. its part of the reason i dont listen to it that much. eddie's voice sounds really bad in a few songs (especially "sleight of hand"). maybe its just me, but his voice sounds like it has effects put to it on a few good songs. i love anything off binaural live though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

really? i HATE the production on Binaural. its part of the reason i dont listen to it that much. eddie's voice sounds really bad in a few songs (especially "sleight of hand"). maybe its just me, but his voice sounds like it has effects put to it on a few good songs. i love anything off binaural live though....

well it's different strokes for different folks right? For me it just tapped into where i was at the time (kind of a cliche but there you go)

fluke wrote: »
    well it's different strokes for different folks right? For me it just tapped into where i was at the time (kind of a cliche but there you go)

Same with me. I've recently started listening to Binaural again, and the love for it is returning. Hearing Nothing As It Seems in Berlin just brought it all back to me. It's a great winter album too!

dont get me wrong, i love the binaural album. its just the production is kinda meh for me. on some songs i can barely hear eddie singing properly.

Same with me. I've recently started listening to Binaural again, and the love for it is returning. Hearing Nothing As It Seems in Berlin just brought it all back to me. It's a great winter album too!

def...vitalogy and binaural are AWESOME winter albums. yield is a winter and anytime along with no code. ten and pearl jam are spring/summer. riot act and vs. are fall. for me anyway. im thinking backspacer will be fall/winter for me...but we will see how it pans out

is anyone in here on facebook? might be a cool way to get to know people better.

• Advertisement

yep... mine is in my sig... :D Mostly friends with Pearl Jam peeps on it and feck all of them are from Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Me. Would be cool to get a proper irish chapter of Pearl Jam fans going.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=653558283&ref=profile

im an american living in ireland (married to an irish girl.) does that count? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=653558283&ref=profile

im an american living in ireland (married to an irish girl.) does that count? lol

Yeah, an Irish chapter of fans, not a chapter of Irish fans. I'm an equal opportunity fan.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Yeah, an Irish chapter of fans, not a chapter of Irish fans. I'm an equal opportunity fan.

haha, i like your thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Black @ The Point Depot, Dublin 06

While that was awesome, immortality kicked its ass

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Starting with "Release" in The Point in 96,for those few minutes time really did stand still.
    A truly brilliant band

the version of "black" on the benaroya hall album is pretty powerful

just had a random thought...i bet you pearl jam is playing jools holland. its on episode 5 of 10 now. they played jools when self titled came out. fingers crossed...has anyone seen anything on their website about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sirmoff

Just thought i'd add my two cents, Massive PJ Fan here, think this is a great thread. Really enjoyed reading through the messages. Its rare enough that you'd get to hear peoples opinions on the band. Im lucky as two of my close mates are big fans too. All because we found (stole off one of the lads older brothers) a cassette of Vs. as kids and listened to it one night gettin ready to go out. Legends!
    My mother really loves Last Kiss!!!

Advertisement