Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

todays pearl jam cd: 2000 milan, italy. great boot. i wish i had the other 2000 italy boot (i think rome) where they did "i got you." one of my favorite covers

Was Verona, great show! Do you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Was Verona, great show! Do you want it?

ah yea, verona! id love it, but need an external hard drive first. thanks for the offer though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Jen I think most of us Pearl Jam fans tend to rant and rave when we meet other fans of the band,I know i do.I dont know where it stems from,maybe its coz we all tend to be very passionate about them and probably a bit protective of them too.
    I was lucky coz 2 of my best mates growing up were huge fans too and the 3 of us were at The Point gig in 96(i wanted to go to Slane in 93 too but at 12 years old my parents deemed me too young).
    I talked my brother,who is ten years my senior,into going with me in 2006 in The Point and he left it a converted man and then apologised for giving me years of abuse for liking them.

Bottom line is different strokes for different folks and thats fine,but i wish people didnt bash them before they actually listen to them.Id say most non fans reckon they only have 3 or 4 albums and havnt written a decent song since Alive et al.
    Delighted to see so many like minded fans on here,Im slightley P**sed at them for not playing Ireland on this tour(went to wembly Arena in 2007) and purposely didnt use my pre-sale for UK dates coz I was so sure they would play here,not to worry coz Im sure Il add to my 4 gigs at some stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Stone won't be playing the Philly shows and supposedly he won't be on the NZ/Aus tour either.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::eek::eek:

:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'll believe it when I see it from a source thats not from Bosnia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Anyone else feel that at the end of Got Some when Mikes rocking the outro that Eddie, as glorious as he is, should lay off the "got some" Repeats and let the guitar do the work?

I love the song but can't help feel at the very end "Shut up Eddie".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Stone won't be playing the Philly shows and supposedly he won't be on the NZ/Aus tour either.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::eek::eek:

:(

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Can't believe they played Bugs live! :eek:

All thats left now is Push Me Pull Me and I'd die a happy man :D

Any news on a possible European tour next year?

Source?

Old new, it was bull****.
    I read it on the sky i scrape & ten club forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

listening to the Empire show this morning on the way in. The audience recording is way better than the released one. IMHO

Manchester for the way home:D

• Advertisement

listening to the Empire show this morning on the way in. The audience recording is way better than the released one. IMHO

Manchester for the way home:D

Really:eek:, the O2 audience recording is top quality too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've been listening to the boots non-stop! It's odd hearing the rest of the lads singing, I never noticed it before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Got a present of BackSPACER, it's not very good on the first 3 listens ... am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

buck65 wrote: »
    Got a present of Backtracker, it's not very good on the first 3 listens ... am I wrong?

do you mean backspacer? i thought it was brilliant on the first listen. back to their roots of yield and no code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Sorry Backspacer oops.

No code and Yield are hardly their roots though? It just sounds bland to me like PJ in autopilot mode, not here to bash them - I love Vs, Vitalogy, No code , even Binaural, albums but to me PJ tread alot of water recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

buck65 wrote: »
    Sorry Backspacer oops.

No code and Yield are hardly their roots though? It just sounds bland to me like PJ in autopilot mode, not here to bash them - I love Vs, Vitalogy, No code , even Binaural, albums but to me PJ tread alot of water recently.

Man Backspacer is brilliant. Reminds me very much of Yield and Apricot/st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Heeeey!!

Oceans in *the middle of the set* the other night!! anyone see that??

our boys are on!!

me ban for givin backspacer to you lads is up..hello hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Heeeey!!

Oceans in *the middle of the set* the other night!! anyone see that??

our boys are on!!

me ban for givin backspacer to you lads is up..hello hello :)

Jesus when was that, two months ago?!!! :O

Glad to have ya back tho! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Pearl Jam European Tour 2010???
    Strong rumours on the PJ forum that there will be an Irish date :D
    Please let this be true!

http://www.cbsradio.com/contests/pearljambackspacer

spaceboy wrote: »
    Pearl Jam European Tour 2010???
    Strong rumours on the PJ forum that there will be an Irish date :D
    Please let this be true!

http://www.cbsradio.com/contests/pearljambackspacer

Thank you, thank you oh so f'in much. If there is an Irish date, brilliant, if not, who cares, I'll still see them plenty.

• Advertisement

Was just on my way to post this..that looks really official as competitions go, it's got backspacer GIFs n stuff..I won't really believe it until 10c pull the competition, then you'll *know* it's for real.

Very Very encouraging though :)

5 months to start saving.

I'm just having amazing flashbacks of Dublin, as it was my first PJ live experience. And it all started here on Boards with that absolutely whopper big thread on them months before it happened. Remember everything so vividly on the day. The sweat, the heat of the pit, the coldness after that I couldn't frankly care about as I knew I had just witnessed something so incredible. That(Dublin 06) was, by a long shot, the best gig I have ever witnessed.

RW 07, another incredible show. These lads just cant perform badly. I have friends here laughing at how excited I am by this...they just don't understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Mushy wrote: »
    Man Backspacer is brilliant. Reminds me very much of Yield and Apricot/st.

Just don't hear it, gave it another spin yesterday and it is so ...weak and watery.
    The 2nd song "Got some" is ok, a regurgitated Rearview Mirror at best, the rest though...

zenmonk wrote: »
    Just don't hear it, gave it another spin yesterday and it is so ...weak and watery.
    The 2nd song "Got some" is ok, a regurgitated Rearview Mirror at best, the rest though...

I've just put it on again. I oddly prefer the songs from Just Breathe to The End, bar Supersonic. Love the vibe they've got going on it(those songs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Mushy wrote: »
    I've just put it on again. I oddly prefer the songs from Just Breathe to The End, bar Supersonic. Love the vibe they've got going on it(those songs).

I think Backspacer is good throughout...but it def comes into it's own album after the first four songs (barring supersonic also).

My biggest problem with Backspacer is that it feels like an EP so I find it hard to rate it with the previous albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

My biggest problem with it is it won't burn (literally)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

this album still getting a spin everyday since it came out.

I agree with ya Fluke & it dose feel more like an ep

I tend to skip supersonic now to be honest

Spin Spin!!
    self pollution radio was amazin..wish theyd do it again and release they effing dvd

Supersonic is amazing you fup nunkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Supersonic is amazing you fup nunkeys

nunkeys??

yeah yeah...

Advertisement