Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Hey guys, thought some of ye migt be interested in this, its eddie covering bruces City of Ruins. Its just been released as a benefit single for Haiti, you can download it from itunes. Really beautiful cover.
    Anyway enjoy, and download, its for a good cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2NiUuAYBtI

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Slightly OT, but there's gonna be a bit of a pre-party thingermajiger on in Dublin the night before the show - feel free to check it out and come along! If we get enough people attending, then we can get some live music in which would be awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=291168254746&index=1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

jenizzle wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but there's gonna be a bit of a pre-party thingermajiger on in Dublin the night before the show - feel free to check it out and come along! If we get enough people attending, then we can get some live music in which would be awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=291168254746&index=1

What's the deal here? Just an organised piss up for PJ fans on the night before the gig?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    What's the deal here? Just an organised piss up for PJ fans on the night before the gig?

Yeah, pretty much! Any excuse to have drinks and sing badly to Even Flow :p

If there's enough interest, I'll organise it properly and see if I can get some auctions for charity set up, proper entertainment and the likes. Had a great one in Manchester last year, and they have pre-parties before all the shows in the States so it'd be nice to have something similar here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Oh, i'm so in. So 3 straight days of Pearl Jam partying. WooHoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

see you there so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

leddpipe wrote: »
    so is there any definitive answer to who's is playing support guys? :)

Pearl Jam are playing Hard Rock Calling on the Friday after the Dublin gig, in Hyde park with Wolfmother as main support, so it could possibily be them but I don't have a definitive answer yet! sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

A band on my list I would love to see live

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pearl Jam are playing Hard Rock Calling on the Friday after the Dublin gig, in Hyde park with Wolfmother as main support, so it could possibily be them but I don't have a definitive answer yet! sorry.

Bahaha, last time Wolfmother supported Pearl Jam in Europe(2006) Ireland still managed to get PAddy Casey. Deja Vu anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Mushy wrote: »
    Bahaha, last time Wolfmother supported Pearl Jam in Europe(2006) Ireland still managed to get PAddy Casey. Deja Vu anyone?

"ANYone want to hear 'Saints & Sinners'?"

"NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

"Sure maybe later so."

He was a great sport though. And supposedly he was called in at the last minute too. He said (i think in HotPress) that he was having a bowl of cereal watching Eastenders omnibus or something only two/three days prior to the gig when they rang asking him to support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I can see the MCD discussion going something like this

MCD Official: Oh we can't have Wolfmother support them or some other international act, that's giving the punters too much of a good thing. I mean we only made them fork out 59.80 per ticket, not including handling charges of course.

MCD Lackey: Lets give them something homegrown...

Official: Hmm...interesting approach. Go on..

Lackey: I'll give Casey a call, sure he's only watching the Eastenders omnibus with his curly mop in a bowl of Frosties...

Official: No he's so 2006, we need something fresh but with an American sound.

Lackey: How about...The Blizzards?

Official: Brilliant!

fluke wrote: »
    I can see the MCD discussion going something like this

MCD Official: Oh we can't have Wolfmother support them or some other international act, that's giving the punters too much of a good thing. I mean we only made them fork out 59.80 per ticket, not including handling charges of course.

MCD Lackey: Lets give them something homegrown...

Official: Hmm...interesting approach. Go on..

Lackey: I'll give Casey a call, sure he's only watching the Eastenders omnibus with his curly mop in a bowl of Frosties...

Official: No he's so 2006, we need something fresh but with an American sound.

Lackey: How about...The Blizzards?

Official: Brilliant!

Fluke, if you are correct and some sh1te blizzardesque band play I will have to kill you for jinxing it.

I would rather they find some no name hard rock act in Dorans basement than some American sounding pop rock drivel that happens to be the in thing.

If I was a small Irish band and I was given the opportunity to play with PJ it would be amazing, but only if your style suited the headline act, and there are a lot of different styles that would compliment PJ, but not Paddy Casey or the Blizzards.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Fluke, if you are correct and some sh1te blizzardesque band play I will have to kill you for jinxing it.

I would rather they find some no name hard rock act in Dorans basement than some American sounding pop rock drivel that happens to be the in thing.

If I was a small Irish band and I was given the opportunity to play with PJ it would be amazing, but only if your style suited the headline act, and there are a lot of different styles that would compliment PJ, but not Paddy Casey or the Blizzards.

Believe me I wouldn't want to see The Blizzards play, I'm going with the 'break a leg routine' and hoping that by mentioning that band that instead we get something totally awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Ive seen PJ twice now. First time was in Dublin 06 and they were amazing. I was really surprised that they opened with inside job, a slow song. that really blew me away.

I also saw them in Sydney's Acer Arena in December 06 and I thought they were crap. It was a fully seated gig and the crowds lack of interaction really rubbed off on the band

And i didnt manage to get tickets to the gig in Dublin this time because too many tickets were snapped up by touts. My fault for not getting out of bed in time but still a real shame.

Anyway, their one of my favourite bands, and they fcukin rock. Thats my two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I got my tickets in the post today.....That made me happy.

I was in the Point when Paddy Casey supported.I was out in the smoking area supping pints but I am pretty sure he heard me when I told him to f*ck off.

"ANYone want to hear 'Saints & Sinners'?"

"NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

"Sure maybe later so."

He was a great sport though. And supposedly he was called in at the last minute too. He said (i think in HotPress) that he was having a bowl of cereal watching Eastenders omnibus or something only two/three days prior to the gig when they rang asking him to support.

Your joking right? Cos when I first heard it was him(while in queue), I made that joke to my mates. Wouldn't surprise me though.

They prob have Wolfmother already pegged for Oxegen, which is quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Mushy wrote: »
    Your joking right? Cos when I first heard it was him(while in queue), I made that joke to my mates. Wouldn't surprise me though.

They prob have Wolfmother already pegged for Oxegen, which is quite annoying.

4 years ago, it probably was you y'know, i spent a LONG time in that queue.

PJ don't tend to pick good support acts anywho - I wouldn't be surprised if it was some mediocre indie band!

So, due to a fellow boardsies thoughtful birthday present and a niece who has eyes bigger than her wallet, I now have 2 tickets for Dublin to unload. MBNA keep taking stupid interest from my credit card so looking to get rid of em asap.

If anyone wants 'em let me know. Cost price obviously, €72.00 a pop including booking fee, standing tickets (cos who'd wanna sit for the greatest band of all time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Just sent you a PM NothingMan. Ill take them off your hands

• Advertisement

iamthe43 wrote: »
    Just sent you a PM NothingMan. Ill take them off your hands

iamthe43 is taking the tickets, hope everyone gets some if ya need em!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've got one seated spare if anyone needs it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BigCheese

^ Ah I'm so tempted to ask ya for it but I literally have no money :(

Anyone think they'll release another batch for the 02? I'll only have the money in June when I'm working and don't wanna pay 100 + for it :(

BTW I was thebigcheese22, but never got my password back so this is my new account! :)

BigCheese wrote: »
    ^ Ah I'm so tempted to ask ya for it but I literally have no money :(

Anyone think they'll release another batch for the 02? I'll only have the money in June when I'm working and don't wanna pay 100 + for it :(

BTW I was thebigcheese22, but never got my password back so this is my new account! :)

There are tickets still getting released for this the odd time (as in a pair or two a week type thing) - you just gotta have hope! It's way too early in the year to give up :D It is sold out though, and I doubt TM will do a mass release of more tickets as that tends to only happen for shows that haven't really sold out in the first place.

Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 have been announced as support for Dublin and Berlin so far:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004388A9DF4D1F?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 have been announced as support for Dublin and Berlin so far:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004388A9DF4D1F?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Certainly does seem better than previous times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

any spare tickets seating or standing? missed them the last time they played

ah good stuff, ben harper is excellent and an excellent support

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Will hopefully finally get to see probably my favourite pj track (with ben being there if last year is anything to go by). Still prefer it without ben, seems to be more energy with mike playin slide, but sure what about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I hope the most unappreciated song ever gets played in Belfast...

Anyone have any idea how to get 10C tickets btw? Dya just show up on the day and bring ID and get them? I'm new to all this :o

Advertisement