Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Anyone have any idea how to get 10C tickets btw? Dya just show up on the day and bring ID and get them? I'm new to all this :o

That's pretty much how it goes.

You'll get a mail from 10c about a week before the show telling you where to collect your tickets (usually in a box office of some sort, could have a few different windows) and to bring photo ID with you. You'll get handed an envelope with two tickets and two wristbands in it. You will then go to the entrance that should be for 10c only and wait a while before you're let in about half an hour before everyone else. Or else go to the pub :D

It differs from country to country - in Dublin '06, the security never heard of early entry and didn't have a seperate queue/door set up. In Berlin '09 the organisers set up a seperate queue with benches, a bar and toilet for those queuing. They then let about 100 10c in before opening the doors to all and sundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I hope the most unappreciated song ever gets played in Belfast...

Anyone have any idea how to get 10C tickets btw? Dya just show up on the day and bring ID and get them? I'm new to all this :o

I hope they go one better and play this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

Also had to open a really really old account to get back in..hy lads! hows tricks been?

june cant come fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

dimejinky9 wrote: »
    Also had to open a really really old account to get back in..hy lads! hows tricks been?

june cant come fast enough!

Feckin pain in the ass losing account!
    Havent been thinking about the gigs too much recently but found myself wishing the weeks away for the last few days, would love to be able to do more than the three gigs this time round but the cash is low! Many here for HRC in hyde park?
    Friday is looking good! Hopefully someone good is announced for the saturday so it'll give me an excuse to stay there for the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Feckin pain in the ass losing account!
    Havent been thinking about the gigs too much recently but found myself wishing the weeks away for the last few days, would love to be able to do more than the three gigs this time round but the cash is low! Many here for HRC in hyde park?
    Friday is looking good! Hopefully someone good is announced for the saturday so it'll give me an excuse to stay there for the weekend!

Yeah I've got tickets for HRC, not to impressed with the Friday line up to be honest, apart from Pearl Jam (obviously:pac:)

Still hoping that there's a few bands playing on Saturday that I like!
    A lot of bands I wanted to see this summer are either playing Download or Glastonbury!:o

• Advertisement

There'll be some Irish contingent for the London gig methinks - we'll probably all cross each others paths at some point! I'll be missing some of the support acts I'd say as I'm not flying to London till the morning of the 25th, but I'm not arsed with getting to the front anywho, and the support doesn't excite me a whole lot either.

It'll be a rare day when I get upset about missing a support band for Pj. Unless the frames did it.

I suppose different strokes for diiferent folks! :D
    I personally think the line up is not bad at all, seen Wolfmother open for PJ in Barcelona in 06 and had a blast, not one of my favourites but they were good, also with cameo's from Mike and Eddie!
    Seen Gaslight Anthem on the second stage at oxegen last year, again had a good time, despite the weather being rotten!
    Ben Harper and R7 ive not heard too much of but some of what ive heard has been good, at least he increases my chances of finally seeing RM live!
    Amazing to think he has been supporting Pearl Jam here and there for 15 years!!!

jenizzle wrote: »
    There'll be some Irish contingent for the London gig methinks - we'll probably all cross each others paths at some point!

Its just a pity there's no special set up for 10C ticket holders there, a nice chill out area like the VIP area would have been awesome :rolleyes:

Another totally unrealistic thought, how mental would a Soundgarden gig be for the saturday!!

Its just a pity there's no special set up for 10C ticket holders there, a nice chill out area like the VIP area would have been awesome :rolleyes:

Just like Nijmegen in '07 - we can but dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is that pre-gig charity thing still going ahead day before Dublin show?

Mushy wrote: »
    Is that pre-gig charity thing still going ahead day before Dublin show?

It certainly is :) Not too sure on a venue yet, or the charity side of things - but there will be one hell of a session!

Here's the link to the event set up on Facebewk: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=291168254746&index=1. There's loads of people confirmed so far, hopefully it'll be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It certainly is :) Not too sure on a venue yet, or the charity side of things - but there will be one hell of a session!

Here's the link to the event set up on Facebewk: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=291168254746&index=1. There's loads of people confirmed so far, hopefully it'll be awesome!

Cheers, will have a few more coming I'm sure. Also, if anything I can help with, give me a shout

• Dunno if anyone has posted this yet but the support act for Pearl Jam at the o2 is

*drumroll

Ben Harper and Relentless 7

Be nice to see Ben onstage with the lads for a song or two.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

[quote=[Deleted User];64538402]Dunno if anyone has posted this yet but the support act for Pearl Jam at the o2 is

*drumroll

Ben Harper and Relentless 7

Be nice to see Ben onstage with the lads for a song or two.....[/QUOTE]

Much more suited than the last support act they had here
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

Is Ben Harper also confirmed for Belfast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

MossyX360 wrote: »
    Is Ben Harper also confirmed for Belfast ?

I don't think so. It certainly hasn't been announced.

I don't think so. It certainly hasn't been announced.

He has confirmed it himself - http://www.myspace.com/benharper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

awesome, hopefully Ben and Eddie will duet Indifference

Ami,right ?:)

He has confirmed it himself - http://www.myspace.com/benharper

OOPS! My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

So just got an email form 10c talking about hotel prices for the gigs so I was thinking that before I book anywhere for me and my friend in Belfast i'd ask where are poeple staying and more importantly where's the after party gonna be?

****ing tenclub!
    not only do they lump us in as part of 'Great' Britain but some fans have been nosing around and to actually book rooms in some of these hotles on your own, it's cheaper than their 'discount' rate! god these guys are hopeless!!

NothingMan wrote: »
    So just got an email form 10c talking about hotel prices for the gigs so I was thinking that before I book anywhere for me and my friend in Belfast i'd ask where are poeple staying and more importantly where's the after party gonna be?

Fcukin' A Tom!

Whelans is where we're bringing all the touring fans after the gig. It'd be good to see yis there. Also Jenizzle is organising a drinks thing for the night before if yis are into it.

Whelans is where we're bringing all the touring fans after the gig. It'd be good to see yis there. Also Jenizzle is organising a drinks thing for the night before if yis are into it.

I'll definitely be around Dublin for all the festivities but just looking to book accom in Belfast not too far from the goings on after the gig.

Anyone here from Belfast know where the rock bars are relative to the Odyssey? Only been to Belfast once and I went straight to a meeting so no idea what's where.

Jaysis thats some trek from the O2 to Whelans!

Jaysis thats some trek from the O2 to Whelans!

Would Maguire's or Doyle's or somewhere round there possible be a bit better. Certainly a bit closer.

Would Maguire's or Doyle's or somewhere round there possible be a bit better. Certainly a bit closer.

There are some good pubs down the quays. The Harbourmaster is pretty nice, but if we wanna go til the wee hours we'll have to head back towards city centre.

Are any of you tempted by some of the US dates?

• Advertisement

Are any of you tempted by some of the US dates?

That just simple isn't affordable. The 3 or 4 European dates im going to have my holiday to Portugal cancelled as it.

Advertisement