Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

jenizzle wrote: »
    Are any of you tempted by some of the US dates?

Very tempted. Could I afford it or get the time off?..... :( no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Are any of you tempted by some of the US dates?

Not this time. European crowds are more fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Is there many from here heading over to the gig in hyde park. a mate was think of going over to it since we dont have tickets for the o2. any idea how much the tickets are or when there on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

^ Great performance!

Really don't get all the hating of Just Breathe from some fans. Though it probably is better live than on the record. So are most of their songs though!

• Advertisement

Just booked my hostel for Belfast...getting excited now! :D So who's staying where up in Norn Ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

I have an aunt who lives in the north, ill stay with her. Need to find a place to stay in Dublin. Otherwise sleeping in the car....again :mad:

Just booked my hostel for Belfast...getting excited now! :D So who's staying where up in Norn Ireland??

I asked that a while ago and got no answer. Haven't booked yet but would be good to keep the PJ party (Pearl Jam/Pyjama it works both ways..... But I sleep naked!!!) going after the gig.

What hostel did you book? How close to The Odyssey?

NothingMan wrote: »
    I asked that a while ago and got no answer. Haven't booked yet but would be good to keep the PJ party (Pearl Jam/Pyjama it works both ways..... But I sleep naked!!!) going after the gig.

What hostel did you book? How close to The Odyssey?

Tis the Linen House Hostel - a ****hole by all accounts but all I need is a bed! Tis fairly close to Odyssey I think, 10 mins walk I'd say by Google maps...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'll be driving up and back to Belfast, so no need to book anywhere :D I think the American sports bar (the name of which escapes me at the moment) in the Odyssey will be the place for post-gig drinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Sleeping in the car at the nearest car park! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Jut realised I havnt booked anywhere for Belfast,thanx for the reminder folks.
    Its gonna be the other halfs first PJ gig so Il probably let her choose the accomadation and Il certainly be up for some pre/post gig drinkies too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Jut realised I havnt booked anywhere for Belfast,thanx for the reminder folks.
    Its gonna be the other halfs first PJ gig so Il probably let her choose the accomadation and Il certainly be up for some pre/post gig drinkies too!!!!

If you want to impress the OH, I recommend The Merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Still havent booked anywhere for Belfast or London :(, credit card cant take anymore for a couple of weeks! Gotta book a flight for London from Belfast too, ive a feeling there'll be a lot of tired PJ heads at belfast airport the following day!!

There's also going to be a PJ session on in London too the night before that gig (no idea where yet though!). Madness :D

Everybody got their accomadation booked for Belfast? My plan to let the OH choose the hotel may have backfired,were going with the Hilton!
    Not actually as expensive as one might think and looks close enough to both The Odyssey and Town

Everybody got their accomadation booked for Belfast? My plan to let the OH choose the hotel may have backfired,were going with the Hilton!
    Not actually as expensive as one might think and looks close enough to both The Odyssey and Town

Yep, booked an apartment type dealy on Hostelworld. €20 for the night or something really cheap. Now, where's the session gonna start?

Must book something soon, gotta book flights for London the next day too. I have two seated spares on adverts if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Must book something soon, gotta book flights for London the next day too. I have two seated spares on adverts if anyone interested

whens the belfast gig? my mate and me are meant to be going to hyde park but havent heard back from him bout it.

villains77 wrote: »
    whens the belfast gig? my mate and me are meant to be going to hyde park but havent heard back from him bout it.

23rd, night after Dublin!

• Advertisement

Hilton booked,€108 for the 2 of us excluding b/fast.We never seem to get up early enough in hotels to get b/fast so no point in paying for it!!
    So whats the story with late bars around Belfast?

Hilton booked,€108 for the 2 of us excluding b/fast.We never seem to get up early enough in hotels to get b/fast so no point in paying for it!!
    So whats the story with late bars around Belfast?

We're all going back to the residence bar in the Hilton with you! :D

Sound,the more the merrier!!!

What do you make of Pearl Jam radio? Some nice gems in there!

http://75.102.43.202/live (open in VLC or winamp etc...)

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=291168254746

The venue has been confirmed! O'Reillys underneath Tara St DART Station. All the info is on the facebook page.

It'll be great to meet some of you there. If you are arriving on your own, feel free to send me a PM and we'll sort something out cos arriving on your own is no excuse for meeting 100 or so like-minded crazy Pearl Jam people and you'll feel right at home in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Sounds savage. Ill be there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=291168254746

The venue has been confirmed! O'Reillys underneath Tara St DART Station. All the info is on the facebook page.

It'll be great to meet some of you there. If you are arriving on your own, feel free to send me a PM and we'll sort something out cos arriving on your own is no excuse for meeting 100 or so like-minded crazy Pearl Jam people and you'll feel right at home in no time!

Was gonna say should do Fibbers, they've 2e drinks. I'll go anywhere. I don't be on facebook anymore, so please keep me updated through this please. Talking to girlfriend bout gig earlier, she wondering why I'm so excited with it "being so far away" in her own words. Oh she doesn't know the magnificance of the mighty Pearl Jam, which I am slightly "over-hyping"(in her words, even though it can't be done) them playing live.

47 sleeps away from show day ;)

Fibbers charges a tenner in though, and it smells funny :D I wanted to give a good impression on Dublin since about 70% of people going are travelling from outside of Ireland :eek:

47 sleeps away from show day ;)

Fibbers charges a tenner in though, and it smells funny :D I wanted to give a good impression on Dublin since about 70% of people going are travelling from outside of Ireland :eek:

Jen, Are the Sub giving us control of the music? Is there anything organised for the evening? Covers etc?

• Advertisement

We have control of the music! I've organised something though, won't be a band in full swing but they'll be great none-the-less ;) We'll pretty much have the place to ourselves, and I know they have big screen tv's and the likes, so might stick on a DVD or the likes too during breaks :)

Advertisement