Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

jenizzle wrote: »
    We have control of the music! I've organised something though, won't be a band in full swing but they'll be great none-the-less ;) We'll pretty much have the place to ourselves, and I know they have big screen tv's and the likes, so might stick on a DVD or the likes too during breaks :)

I bow to your amzingness!!! Can't wait.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Haha, no amazingness involved! Just made a call and sent some mails. People have been kind enough to offer their services!

Well it takes someone to bother their ass making calls and sending emails. I think you're great, and I thank you. It's going to be an epic 3 days. The Sub, O2 and Belfast. Wish I was able to continue the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Hi dudes and dudettes...... Just wondering if anyone can throw some light on a question i have.
    I have got tickets for the o2 in dublin, they all say STAND on them even though they have seat and row numbers on them. The seat & row numbers do not match up with the O2 seating plan, so i take it that there Standing & not seated(payed for standing)...

Any light thrown on the above would be great.. NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!:D:D:eek:

Hi dudes and dudettes...... Just wondering if anyone can throw some light on a question i have.
    I have got tickets for the o2 in dublin, they all say STAND on them even though they have seat and row numbers on them. The seat & row numbers do not match up with the O2 seating plan, so i take it that there Standing & not seated(payed for standing)...

Any light thrown on the above would be great.. NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!:D:D:eek:

Same here, mine say stand and give invalid seat numbers. Don't panic, you will be rocking it up on the floor with the rest of us. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

has anyone got seated tickets, and does it actually say seated on them?

They don't exactly say seated, but they give the block you should be in! e.g.: Section: Block A, Number: 11 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Going to see the Australian Pearl Jam in Crane Lane tonight...do people know if they're any good ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Going to see the Australian Pearl Jam in Crane Lane tonight...do people know if they're any good ? :)
    Saw them before their decent enough. worth seeing anyway.
    Their actually not australian either their from Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭emmbaasee

Hey guys..
    looking forward to the Belfast gig !! Wont be long now..
    Im looking for some information about a piece of music that some of you guys might be able to help me with.

It's the orchestral arrangement that the band walk on to the stage to at the start of the touring band dvd.
    Im looking to get this for something i wanna do at my upcoming wedding..
    Not sure if it's their own piece of music or somebody elses.
    I checked the credits but didn't see anything refering to it..
    Any ideas ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

emmbaasee wrote: »
    Hey guys..
    looking forward to the Belfast gig !! Wont be long now..
    Im looking for some information about a piece of music that some of you guys might be able to help me with.

It's the orchestral arrangement that the band walk on to the stage to at the start of the touring band dvd.
    Im looking to get this for something i wanna do at my upcoming wedding..
    Not sure if it's their own piece of music or somebody elses.
    I checked the credits but didn't see anything refering to it..
    Any ideas ??

The start of the Touring band dvd is an orchestral version of the Who's Baba O'Riley. Pete Townshend did release an album called Lifehouse Chronicles which had orchestral versions of Who songs.
    Here is a link to Baba O'Riley,not sure if it's exactly the same one as on the touring band Dvd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzHDhuHG8A

spaceboy wrote: »
    The start of the Touring band dvd is an orchestral version of the Who's Baba O'Riley. Pete Townshend did release an album called Lifehouse Chronicles which had orchestral versions of Who songs.
    Here is a link to Baba O'Riley,not sure if it's exactly the same one as on the touring band Dvd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzHDhuHG8A
    Thats great. Didn't expect a reply so quickly..
    Thanking you Spaceboy!!:):)

Just listened to that on youtube..
    Thats the exact piece of music im looking for!!!
    Thanks a million.. Im delighted:D

Saw them before their decent enough. worth seeing anyway.
    Their actually not australian either their from Louth

Yeah they were fairly good alright! Had a great time, just made me look forward to June 23rd even more! :D Only month and a half away! :cool:

I was gonna go last night but only found out they were playing friday night when i was out of cork. A free gig too, cost me a tenner last time i saw em.
    Anyone listen to pearl jam radio yet, its unreal
    http://www.pearljam.com/sites/all/modules/pj_radio/flash/radio.html

Those MSG setlists were awesome, I thought! Can't understand they didn't do that when I was there :rolleyes: Anyone else thinking they're taking some time off after Europe?

This day 4 weeks will be the start of party time... hope the sunshine stays :D

Those MSG setlists were awesome, I thought! Can't understand they didn't do that when I was there :rolleyes: Anyone else thinking they're taking some time off after Europe?

This day 4 weeks will be the start of party time... hope the sunshine stays :D

Just looked at them there. Epic sets as always. Would love to hear some TOTD stuff in Ireland. If they ever played Reach Down I would probably cream myself.

This day 3 weeks folks!

Any thoughts on openers?

This day 3 weeks folks!

Any thoughts on openers?
    Unthought Known would be fairly epic. Got release in london

I'm sure we'll hear Unthought Known at some point. It's bringing me back to my first show in '06... opening with Inside Job. Jaysis I was in bits :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

It's my first show so I'd safely say I'm gonna be happy with anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

RATM next week and then only 2 weeks to Pearl Jam :D
    sometimes life is good..........

will try and make it into the Sub for pre gig drinks jen......could be a bit of craic.....was down in the Green Room before Kiss and was sitting on a couch watching a Kiss DVD.....builds up the expectation for the gig nicely.....

Yeah I'm heading off to London for RATM - will be meeting up with a load of PJ fans that'll be back in Dublin the week after.

Please do come along if you can. Needless to say I'm trying not to explode with excitement!

And for those who don't know what's going on - we're having a bit of a pissup the night before the Pearl Jam show in Dublin. It'll be a pub full of fans givin' it socks for the night. Details are below! There'll be a ton of people from all over the world arriving, it'll be great to see a good lot of Irish people in attendance if you can. Maybe we could get a regular thing going if it all goes nicely (have similar meetups for tribute bands etc...) There'll be music and DVD's playing (hopefully!) and it'll be a nice way of getting the ball rolling on what'll be a week, or more for the likes of me, of madness. You'll see the same faces everywhere you'll go so I think it'll be a good way to get everyone introduced. It might even be a way to score a spare if you don't have a ticket...
    Sub Lounge/ O'Reillys (underneath Tara St train station) have been warned, and are willing to take the risk!

We're hoping to get things kicked off at about 8pm or so, and all pints are €3.60!

You can find a map here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=O'Reilly's+Tara+St.+Station&sll=53.344145,-6.260753&sspn=0.007789,0.022638&ie=UTF8&hq=O'Reilly's+Tara+St.+Station,&hnear=Dublin,+Co.+Fingal,+Ireland&cid=10500850847081365970&ll=53.346734,-6.25401&spn=0.001867,0.005659&z=18&iwloc=A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This time 3 weeks, I should hopefully in the queue at the Odyssey, recovering from an epic night of Pearl Jam (and the night before that heh heh):D

Looking forward to it all, and thanks again Jenizzle for organising that pissup. Look forward to that. And if it works out, may bump into ya Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Anything organised for Belfast??
    Couldnt get Dublin tix so thats where Il be seeing them

Anything organised for Belfast??
    Couldnt get Dublin tix so thats where Il be seeing them

From what I hear, there's nothing on the night before the Belfast show as the Dublin show is the night before and a lot of people are doing both. I think there will be pints before and after the show on the day though in the sports bar place within the Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Sound,Il be sure to pop my head into that Sports Bar place at some stage before the gig. Still hoping against hope that i can get my hands on a ticket for Dublin too!!!!

• Hey guys,

Heres a Pearl jam song that was leaked online recently, its called Better Days. Enjoy.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2010/06/pearl-jam-better-days/

[quote=[Deleted User];66334128]Hey guys,

Heres a Pearl jam song that was leaked online recently, its called Better Days. Enjoy.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2010/06/pearl-jam-better-days/[/QUOTE]

I actually really like it. Kinda like a mix between Long Road and Unthought Known imo. Perhaps to be included in the rumoured EP to Backspacer?
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

• I actually really like it. Kinda like a mix between Long Road and Unthought Known imo. Perhaps to be included in the rumoured EP to Backspacer?

Ya its a really good song, gets better with a few listens. Apperantly this song was to be included on Riot act, or a song of the same name. Sounds to me like its been recorded recently enough, so it may be a rework of something they had lying around. Hopefully it maens new tunes in some shape or form anyway!

Advertisement