Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

for anyone interested - a couple of clips I took.......

Just Breathe - video poor, sound ok....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2FVywMjUQ

Not For You -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rho9mITy768

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Does any one where i could get (or if they have one handy) one of the tour tshirts that has the eye ball in the boat in the ocean? Both tshirt for the night's gigs in every case but really wish i picked up that other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Does any one where i could get (or if they have one handy) one of the tour tshirts that has the eye ball in the boat in the ocean? Both tshirt for the night's gigs in every case but really wish i picked up that other one.

Did you try the PJ website?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Did you try the PJ website?

The website tends to sell them a few months after the tour. You canget some of the 09 tour ones now. That or ask Jenizzle if she'll pick you one up at one of the next gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Surprised no ones mentioned this yet... :(

http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/52001
    Pearl Jam told a crowd in Portugal that the band have played their "last gig" for a long time.

The band were appearing at the Optimus Alive festival in Lisbon last night (July 11) when they made their announcement, reports Blitz

Reading in Portuguese from a sheet of paper, frontman Eddie Vedder made the announcement just after the band had kicked off their set.

"Thank you for coming to our last show," he told the crowd. "Not our last ever, but our last in a long time."

The band then continued the gig without illuminating why they are taking the break.

Is this the usual bull**** from Eddie or does he mean it? Obviously Matt will need some time off for the SG reunion but how long will PJ be taking a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

At London o2 last August he said it would be there last gig for at least quite some time. They were back touring a few months later. I would imagine because Backspacer tour is over they may take a break, get down to some new music, record that, which they can take a while to do then start another mini tour before release and a bigger one after.

I wouldn't be surprises if they weren't back in Europe for a few years. Sure Ireland was a 4 year gap and 6 before that anyway.

Only heard this on 2fm a few mins ago,really hope its not the beginning of the end for them.
    Obviously Matt will need 18-24 months to do the SG thing but I just dont like hearing this kinda thing from my favourite band of the last 19 years.

Didnt get to Dublin this time but made Belfast and remember remarking to my GF that it seemed as if thet were playing their heart out almost as if it was their last gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Whats with all these breaking up rumours. They played a new song that eddie said will be on their next album. Their taking a break but wont be too long

• Advertisement

• They will probably take a 2 year or so haitus, I wouldnt get too worried. We mightnt see them back in Europe for maybe 4 or 5 years though... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Noooo, the Dublin gig was the first time I saw them live and I was hoping they wouldn't take so long to come back again. This is awful news. Better Man is my favourite PJ song and I hope I wont have to wait long until I can hear it again live in person. Heres a vid I took from the Dublin gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Bootlegs for the Dublin and Belfast shows are up on pearljam.com for download and CD if anyone's interested. DL'd the Dublin one for $10 (less than €8!!), not too shabby! Getting some nice flashbacks to the show listening to it :D

• Bootlegs for the Dublin and Belfast shows are up on pearljam.com for download and CD if anyone's interested. DL'd the Dublin one for $10 (less than €8!!), not too shabby! Getting some nice flashbacks to the show listening to it :D

Sweet as a nut!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've been living in the Dublin boot for the past few days. Loving it! It seems like so long ago, there's parts I totally forgot about. The Belfast show seems to be mixed a little funny in that the crowd don't seem so loud, unfortunately.

I'd also recommend the Berlin boot when it's available this evening :D You can listen to the shows on PJ radio from 8pm every night.

Right,looking for some help here peoples.

I wanna try get the Boot's of the Point 96,Point 2006 and Wembley Arena 2007 but I see on the PJ website that they only have Boots going back to 2008.
    I got the recent Belfast one and I bought the CD of the Point 2000 so I just want to finish off the collection of the ones Ive been to.

So can anybody shed some light on how Id go about doing this or maybe someone has them and would like to help a fellow PJ fan in need!!

Thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Right,looking for some help here peoples.

I wanna try get the Boot's of the Point 96,Point 2006 and Wembley Arena 2007 but I see on the PJ website that they only have Boots going back to 2008.
    I got the recent Belfast one and I bought the CD of the Point 2000 so I just want to finish off the collection of the ones Ive been to.

So can anybody shed some light on how Id go about doing this or maybe someone has them and would like to help a fellow PJ fan in need!!

Thanks in advance guys

Look in 'The Porch' for a thread with all the back catalogue of boots available.

Here too: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/pearl-jam-official-2000-2003-2005-2006-bootleg-downloads-85881.html

Thanx
    That Guitar101 one seems to be saying the uploads are no longer available and The Porch one wants registration which im not a fan off.
    On top of that my ISP is Vodafone and they are not big fans off illegal file sharing anymore which is a bummer

• Advertisement

It's not actually illegal. From what I know, Pearl Jam support the sharing of their bootlegs pre-current tour. So from 2009 back, you can download guilt-free ;)

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

jenizzle wrote: »
    It's not actually illegal. From what I know, Pearl Jam support the sharing of their bootlegs pre-current tour. So from 2009 back, you can download guilt-free ;)

Brilliant,thanx Jen.
    Im just gonna download the ones I want and sod it if Vodafone come after me!!

Ive now completed my collection of the 5 gigs Ive been to,happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Sex%20Masturbate.gif

Magic, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Go here too for those hard to get songs
    http://www.gremmie.net/

Any thoughts on the boots so far?

Dublin is the best for audience participation IMO, along with Berlin. Nijmegen... I think you could hear a pin drop during that show :rolleyes: I love having the boots though, brings me right back to the show :cool:

• jenizzle wrote: »

Dublin is the best for audience participation IMO, along with Berlin. Nijmegen... I think you could hear a pin drop during that show :rolleyes: I love having the boots though, brings me right back to the show :cool:

I didn't get to go to the Belfast gig , and I kept hearing how it was the best show of the tour, but tbh it sounds a bit dead to me. Quite surprised. Loved Dublin & Berlin, great boots.

Im more than happy with the Belfast one.The crowd were a bit more muted than other PJ shows Ive been to but the setlist along with the energy of the show more than makes up for that IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only get the shows I go to, so can onl comment on Dublin show. Quality is amazing! While I prob do "prefer" the Belfast setlist, Dublin was still amazing. Betterman is just perfect and sweet, as is Nothingman. Plus we got the Scotch comment haha! Great quality overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I have Belfast, Dublin and Berlin and Belfast has by far the best set list. Berlin comes in second place just for having Gonna See My Friend and Johnny Guitar - my two favourite tracks from the new album.While Dublin's set list is the weakest of the three the band sound fantastic especially Ed's vocals. I think Long Road from that gig may be my favourite recording of that song ever. I'd rather listen to that even over the studio recording at the moment.

I think, like you said, Dublin is best for audience participation and banter. But I love the bit in Belfast when Ed mentions leaving the jumping off balconies to him. I lol'd at the way he says it, he sounds like a parent scolding a child :pac:

Advertisement