Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

There was a great program on Sky Arts the other night about Eddie and Laird Hamilton (pro surfer), Eddie was talking about his passion for surfing and there was a lot of PJ music in the background as well as some live clips. It was a few years old and nice to see Eddie so relaxed and opening up to the camera.

• Creature wrote: »
    I have Belfast, Dublin and Berlin and Belfast has by far the best set list. Berlin comes in second place just for having Gonna See My Friend and Johnny Guitar - my two favourite tracks from the new album.While Dublin's set list is the weakest of the three the band sound fantastic especially Ed's vocals. I think Long Road from that gig may be my favourite recording of that song ever. I'd rather listen to that even over the studio recording at the moment.

I think, like you said, Dublin is best for audience participation and banter. But I love the bit in Belfast when Ed mentions leaving the jumping off balconies to him. I lol'd at the way he says it, he sounds like a parent scolding a child :pac:

Better than this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

[quote=[Deleted User];67096980]Better than this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ[/QUOTE]

:eek: Hell Yeah..

Remember seeing an entire show someone put together from one of the U2 gigs on the 360 Tour from all the best Youtube videos.. Would love it if someone would do that for the Dublin (or Belfast) gigs :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

:eek: Hell Yeah..

Remember seeing an entire show someone put together from one of the U2 gigs on the 360 Tour from all the best Youtube videos.. Would love it if someone would do that for the Dublin (or Belfast) gigs :)
    Probably in a month or two someone will have the whole gig put together. Theres loads of full shows from pearl jam on youtube. Sometimes theres even bootleg dvds from a few europe shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

[quote=[Deleted User];67096980]Better than this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ[/QUOTE]

Yup!

The wailing Indian guy doesn't do anything for me...
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Creature wrote: »
    Yup!

The wailing Indian guy doesn't do anything for me...

:D Eddie between 2.45 and 2.52 "WTF am i doing here?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

My Dublin boot was here when I got home this evening, only ordered it on Wednesday! Wasn't expecting it to arrive that fast, after cheering my Monday right up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

hey i was wondering if there is anyway i can get my hands on the dublin boot without being a 10club member?? tryed to buy it from 10club but you have to be a member which i cant afford at the moment. thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

hey i was wondering if there is anyway i can get my hands on the dublin boot without being a 10club member?? tryed to buy it from 10club but you have to be a member which i cant afford at the moment. thanks guys.
    I did that so it's possible. System just requires registration, but buying membership is still optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yup,you dont need to be a 10club member to buy the boots,just a little registering process

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Long time no Pearl Jam talk! No Code is getting a lot of listens these days, I think it makes a great Autumnal album :D

Pearl Jem are playing in the Spirit Store in Dundalk on Saturday night. Not quite the real deal but they do a rockin' show and it'll hit the spot nicely till PJ are on the road again.

The band arent at much but Stone has been busy. New brad album is pretty good.
    And this is just ridiculous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

jenizzle wrote: »
    Long time no Pearl Jam talk! No Code is getting a lot of listens these days, I think it makes a great Autumnal album :D

Pearl Jem are playing in the Spirit Store in Dundalk on Saturday night. Not quite the real deal but they do a rockin' show and it'll hit the spot nicely till PJ are on the road again.

I got No Code on vinly as a present but I don't know where it is now :o
    Never really got into at the time but I love it now, Hail Hail, Red Mosquito, In My Tree, Present Tense and Who You Are to name 5. Love the way it starts off slow with Sometimes and then rocks into life Hail Hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I read that Dave Abbruzzese, was asked to leave PJ account of artistic differances, but secretly it was because he bought a gun - and this didn't go down too well with the rest of the band.

so whats true?

any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Seen Pearl Jem the last time they played the Spirit Store. They put on a great show, would like to see them again but cant make it on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Forgot about this thread. So I still fookin love you all and my mccreedy plec is still a prized prosession in me wallet.

Pearl jam beers?

And this is just ridiculous :D

Stone is crazy, only he would write a song about hatchery salmon. I think it's the long hair cos shorthaired Stone would never have done such a thing!
    any thoughts on this?

Never heard that theory tbh, but we'll never know anyway. His youtube channel has a lot of nice work on it though and I'd love to hear himself or Jack Irons make a comeback with the band for a while.
    NothingMan wrote: »
    Pearl jam beers?
    YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Only got into Pearl jam recently. Can't believe I didn't listen to them before, they really are great. Was blown away by this song

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

NothingMan wrote: »
    Forgot about this thread. So I still fookin love you all and my mccreedy plec is still a prized prosession in me wallet.

Pearl jam beers?

I would LOVE a Pearl Jam beers, it might be one I actually wouldn't be afraid to go to. I'm rarely in Dublin though so this is a pretty pointless reply :) But nice to have the thread resurrected for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ForceOfNature

Just heard the dublin boot from june for the first time!
    One of the best Nothingmans i have ever heard!!

Edit: Just got to small town - amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

never saw that video for jeremy before. Thanks for that :)

Hi Jenny!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Was into them waaaaay back in the early '90s.....Just gettin back into them again recently...seems I have a lot of catchin' up to do :o

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

well you then your in for some good listening, you've got plenty to catch up on.

what was the last PJ record you listened to?

For any of you dossin' about in Cork on Sunday night: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056065540 I'll be making the trip down cos I've nothing better to be doing with my time :D

For any of you dossin' about in Cork on Sunday night: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056065540 I'll be making the trip down cos I've nothing better to be doing with my time :D
    Savage, i thought it was saturday and im not around saturday. Ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Great write up of how the band got together over at two feet thick released to celebrate the 20th Anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Great write up of how the band got together over at two feet thick released to celebrate the 20th Anniversary

Excellent read,thanks for the heads up!

Brilliant little mini-biography,still cant believe its been 20 years.......thanks for the memories PJ and here's to 20 more

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭brianh576

definitly their best work in the last 10 to 15 years.. Just Breath makes the hairs stand on the back of my neck everytime i hear it... A ballad that you can put up there with the likes of nothingman or thumbing my way back to heaven.... was in the o2 dublin in june and will never forget betterman. the crowd sang it perfectly and the ending was out of this world... eddie - legend....

Just heard the dublin boot from june for the first time!
    One of the best Nothingmans i have ever heard!!

Edit: Just got to small town - amazing

Where can i get my hands on that.... would love to hear it....

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    I have Belfast, Dublin and Berlin and Belfast has by far the best set list. Berlin comes in second place just for having Gonna See My Friend and Johnny Guitar - my two favourite tracks from the new album.While Dublin's set list is the weakest of the three the band sound fantastic especially Ed's vocals. I think Long Road from that gig may be my favourite recording of that song ever. I'd rather listen to that even over the studio recording at the moment.

I think, like you said, Dublin is best for audience participation and banter. But I love the bit in Belfast when Ed mentions leaving the jumping off balconies to him. I lol'd at the way he says it, he sounds like a parent scolding a child :pac:

Please please please let me know where i can get my hands on these shows..... thanks...

Advertisement