Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

All the boots are usually available from pearljam.com for about $10. Well worth it. I have the 4 gigs I've been to and they always stand out better than the released live stuff like gorge because you were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

No Ireland in the drop down menus for ordering the deluxe version on the universal music website?? Anyone know any other way of ordering?

*Edit* Got it working now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So eddies doin a solo tour in australia..thatll be nice for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Marjie

Went to see them in June in Dublin, ****in' wow.
    They're just so perfect, in a beautifully unperfect way.
    What did ye think of Backspacer?

... Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
    Nothin', why?
    Because... IT'S EVOLUTION BAYYYBE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Been a PJ fan for about 15 years, never joined the 10 club - but I am thinking of joining? is it worth while?
    and when you pre-order items do they arrive within a reasonable time? or am I better off to keep buying from shops/other on the day of release?

Been a member for over 3 years and for the $25 dollars you get 1 or 2 copies of Deep magazine a year as well as a fan only 7 inch vinyl xmas single. That coupled with pre sale tickets and early entry to the 3 gigs I've been at since I've been a member are easily worth the $75 I've paid. I'd recommend it anyway.

cool, I think I'll join so, since my other half wanted to get me a small Xmas present, that would be my choice.

is the Xmas single included in the price?
    or is it an extra only available to purchase if you are a member?

Included in your membership. Just don't ever expect to get it anywhere close to xmas. You'll more likely be sunning yourself in the back garden with the BBQ in full swing when it actually arrives :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

NothingMan wrote: »
    Included in your membership. Just don't ever expect to get it anywhere close to xmas. You'll more likely be sunning yourself in the back garden with the BBQ in full swing when it actually arrives :pac:.

Indeed. Been a member for over 10 yrs now and I have never gotten it pre Christmas. Actually I think it has gotten later and later as the yrs have gone by. The earliest may have Feb/March, this yr it was very late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ForceOfNature

i think its well worth the 25 bucks, the reason i am a member is for buying tickets in the pre-sales. as for ordering goods off them, because they come from seattle it usually takes 2 1/2 - 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I tried ten club after backpacker came out to specifically get pre-sale tickets. Worked out handy for getting some for London in 09, but the system was a shambles trying to get any for to 2010 shows, had to go through ticketmaster. Didn't bother renewing my subscription since I'm skint and there's probably no Europe shows in the pipeline.

check out the 3 familar song titles on back of the packaging! :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhHOaMXYXU4&feature=channel

Got Live On Ten Legs..its great. didnt like it at first cos its a weird tracklist even for them but it actually works...they sound amazing..two thumbs up..go get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Looks like it's going to be a great 2011 for all us Pearl Jam fans :)

http://pearljam.com/news/happy-pj20-ten-club

Happy PJ20 Ten Club!

2011 will be a yearlong celebration of Pearl Jam’s twenty-year history. The anniversary festivities kick off in a few weeks with the release of Live on Ten Legs.

A hint of what more to expect in the months ahead:

- A spring reissue of Vs. and Vitalogy in new, deluxe formats;
    - The release of Cameron Crowe’s film, Pearl Jam Twenty, along with an accompanying book and soundtrack album;
    - A 20th anniversary destination weekend bash sometime in late summer;
    - Plus a number of special events and new, unexpected releases!

Stay tuned here for the latest news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I will say this, if Pearl Jam tour anywhere near me in 2011, then I intend on going. I have waited far too long to see this band, and let too many chances pass me by....and no matter how many times I hear 'Alive' it still feels like the first time I ever heard it

There won't be any full scale touring this year by the sound of it, maybe just a few shows around the twentieth anniversary of ten, but I can't wait to hear the details on the pearl jam weekend that is being lined up, the saving has already begun and ill definitely be going to that!

A spring reissue of Vs. and Vitalogy in new, deluxe formats
    anyone heard any more details on this?
    will it be like the Ten re-release?

anyone heard any more details on this?
    will it be like the Ten re-release?

Hopefully, and I imagine it might include a soundboard copy of the amazing orpheum show from 12th April 94, Kat on the pearl jam forums was looking for any articles relating to that show from the time so that could be an indicator!

Huge surprises in store for us this year..it's gonna be brilliant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Bring on these suprises........

Brilliant band and its so hard to believe its nearly 20 years since an old school friend of mine suggested I stop listening to 'Appitite For Destruction' and listen to 'Ten' instead,to this day its one of the best bits of advice Ive ever been given. Ive grown up with this band and I hope I get to grow old with them too. I even proposed to my Fiance at the gig in Belfast last year,thankfully she said yes!!!

• Love this really cheesy promo for the new live album!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I feckin' love that video!

...and just to be extra annoying, have a look here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144614

A few tribute gigs might just have to tide us over till we get the real thing back or save the pennies for stateside :D

Pj live from Berlin w/ commentary from Jeff..phantom 105.2..9pm

LOXL...anyone get it? i like it..takes a day or two but its fairly rockin despite what seems to be a dodgy setlist it's actually fairly crackin'.

thoughts?

waaaaaant but at this price from 10c AND the fact that you'll probably get hit with a €50 customs bill when it's delivered...uuuugh

Pearl Jam 1993-1995: Vs./Vitalogy Collector’s Edition Box Set

€148.00EUR
    Ships on or before March 29, 2011 Ten Club is proud to present Pearl Jam 1993-1995:
    Vs./Vitalogy Collector’s Edition Box Set.

Check out the contents of this beautiful package:

3 Compact Discs-
    • Remastered version of VS featuring 3 bonus tracks
    • Remastered version of Vitalogy featuring 3 bonus tracks
    • The legendary live show from the Orpheum Theater show
    5 180-gram audiophile vinyl LPs-
    • Single LP version of VS
    • Double LP version of Vitalogy
    • Double LP version of The Orpheum Theater show
    Hour-plus “mix tape” cassette from the January 1995
    Self Pollution Radio Broadcast

80-page Composition Book filled with photos,
    Drawings and artwork by EV and Jeff

A glassine envelope containing a collection of VS- and Vitalogy- era memorabilia including beautiful lithographs of each band member, postcards, posters and much more.

Pre-order now and receive 6 digital live tracks from the Orpheum show that are not on the CD or the LP!
    (A link to these tracks will be delivered via email on street date 3/29/2011)

Super deluxe just ordered! :D

Only pity is that the Orpheum show isnt the full show, and a dvd from that time would have been nice (hell, even a polished up HD version of the 95 tour movie would have been nice!!) but I guess thy are leaving the visual aspect until PJ20 movie comes out later this year.

I cannot afford it at all right now but it's Vitalogy...one of my top 3 records..i must have it end of story..

finagling things to own it

*that* movie is available in borderline records in temple bar if you dont already have it..
    16435_244952958031_705213031_439934.jpg?t=1296696247
    16435_244952973031_705213031_439934.jpg?t=1296696247
    180537_10150174808658032_705213031_8668592_2772450_n.jpg

180002_10150174810728032_705213031_8668621_294416_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

What DVD is that david75? I'm not familiar with it.

Also is there any track list info for the Live at The Orpheum CD that comes with the deluxe editions?

Advertisement