Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It's the 95 asia/australia tour film with some incredible performaces but also lots of goofing round in between songs and kinda holiday footage? its a cool thing..youre not allowed talk about it over on their official message board so dont :)

no tracklisting available for the orpheum show but we do know its being cut up and edited for some strange reason that they have chosen to not share with us other than to say 'some performances were subpar'..surely we should be the judges of that, and that bootleg AND dvd is out there anyways..i dunno..weird band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

david75 wrote: »
    It's the 95 asia/australia tour film with some incredible performaces but also lots of goofing round in between songs and kinda holiday footage? its a cool thing..youre not allowed talk about it over on their official message board so dont :)

Lol why not? Is it unofficial? So is it worth getting?

Its a film they made in 95 of that tour that never got released, then when they left sony it magically appeared online..so its official but not sanctioned if you get me and yes its 110% a must have..some of the best performances ive ever seen them do are on here plus its a million times better than any of their official dvds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Definitely gonna check this out, didn't even know it existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Creature wrote: »
    Lol why not? Is it unofficial? So is it worth getting?

It is technically unnoficial, it was a film recorded by the band during the asia/australia tour in early 95 with the idea of releasing it. However, the band went cold on it and it was shelved only surface some years later. It is (somewhat roughly) edited, as if it was a demo before the final version. It is taboo on the pj forum because it is something that was not meant for viewing when it was decided to can the project. It is definately worth a watch. I would burn you a copy if my burner wasnt gone to poo!
    If you type in Pearl Jam Australia 95 on youtube you will get most of the australian part of the movie and links to the asian part.

As for the orpheum show (which ive acually been listening to this evening!) I would be pretty confident that Ive Got a Feeling will be left of, especially considering its 15 minutes long! It'll be interesting to see if they leave the cover songs off like they did with drop in the park and the official copy of mtv unplugged

• Advertisement

Ok..so i had a bit of a windfall during the week and bought my friends spare Ten super delux edition and i have to say im glad i did..if only for the journal alone...not one BUT TWO infuriating mentions of Dublin in the whole set..a gig in the SFX..sadly never was to be..woulda been amazin seeing them in there..
    ordered me Vs/Vitalogy boxset minutes later...sure it'd be rude not to eh?

i know these yokes are pricey but i recommend them if ye havent got them already...they're just solid well put together(bootleg edits aside) and a lovely insight into the lads minds at the time..

2 thumbs up :)

Roll on the No Code/Yield boxset!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

not one BUT TWO infuriating mentions of Dublin in the whole set

"So what's the point? It's a f**kin great place to play in Dublin. This is off he goes."

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I was at that "Whats the Point?,A great place to play in Dublin" gig in 2000 and I have to say that Ive gotten great mileage out of that joke in the 11 years since then.....granted most people just give me a blank stare when i say it but the more educated get it!!!!

• david75 wrote: »
    Ok..so i had a bit of a windfall during the week and bought my friends spare Ten super delux edition and i have to say im glad i did..if only for the journal alone...not one BUT TWO infuriating mentions of Dublin in the whole set..a gig in the SFX..sadly never was to be..woulda been amazin seeing them in there..
    ordered me Vs/Vitalogy boxset minutes later...sure it'd be rude not to eh?

i know these yokes are pricey but i recommend them if ye havent got them already...they're just solid well put together(bootleg edits aside) and a lovely insight into the lads minds at the time..

2 thumbs up :)

Roll on the No Code/Yield boxset!!!

To be honest I'd love to get them, but the prices are just crazy imo. Been down this road too many times before with Pearl Jam, bought all the boots from 2000 and it nearly broke me. When it comes to PJ these days I have to take a step back and say "No No No No"

Some Dj called Bookie from 102 the Edge has spilled the beans..

New Eddie Vedder solo LP in May..more deets to come coming soon
    about 5 hours ago via web

and

The most current Rolling Stone shows Eddie Vedder doing a photoshoot in Hawaii holding an uke and wearing a suit and sandals on pg 41
    img0983ek.jpg

• Advertisement

new eddie vedder single 'longing to belong' is out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

it's good stuff :)

eddie.jpg

New Eddie Vedder Record and DVD Coming May 31
    New Eddie Vedder Album “Ukulele Songs” + Live Concert Film “Water on the Road” to be Released on Tuesday, May 31st

Digital single “Longing to Belong" available digitally starting today

Eddie Vedder will release a solo album, Ukulele Songs, on Tuesday, May 31st (May 30th internationally) through Pearl Jam's Monkeywrench Records. Ukulele Songs is a collection of original songs and covers performed by Vedder on ukulele. The first single from the album, "Longing to Belong," will be available for sale through digital retailers on Tuesday, March 22nd (March 21st internationally).

Also released on May 31st is Water on the Road, a live-concert DVD directed by Brendan Canty of Fugazi and Christoph Green featuring performances from Vedder’s August 16th and 17th 2008 solo tour engagements at Washington, D.C.'s Warner Theatre. The DVD features a live performance of "You're True" from Ukulele Songs as well as a mix of Pearl Jam catalog, covers and songs from Vedder’s critically acclaimed, award-winning solo record, Into The Wild.

Ten Club pre-sale info will be announced at a later date, stay tuned!

Ukulele Songs Album Tracklisting:

1. Can't Keep
    2. Sleeping by Myself
    3. Without You
    4. More Than You Know
    5. Goodbye
    6. Broken Heart
    7. Satellite
    8. Longing to Belong
    9. Hey Fahkah
    10. You're True
    11. Light Today
    12. Sleepless Nights (featuring Glen Hansard)
    13. Once in Awhile
    14. Waving Palms
    15. Tonight You Belong to Me (featuring Cat Power)
    16. Dream a Little Dream

Water on the Road Live Concert DVD Tracklisting:

1. The Canyon
    2. Sometimes
    3. Trouble
    4. Around the Bend
    5. Girl From the North Country
    6. Guaranteed
    7. Setting Forth
    8. Far Behind
    9. No Ceiling
    10. Rise
    11. Golden State
    12. Society
    13. Forever Young
    14. Ed Piano (Instrumental)
    15. I’m Open
    16. Man of the Hour
    17. Driftin’
    18. No More
    19. You’re True
    20. Ukulele Interlude (Instrumental)
    21. Unthought Known
    22. Arc
    23. Hard Sun
    24. The Canyon (reprise)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Bet yer excited about the Glen Hansard track ;)

I dunno though, think there are only so many ukulele songs I can listen to. :rolleyes:

deffo:)

loads more fun to come too..

i like the uke so it doesnt bother me..excited to hear anything new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

jenizzle wrote: »
    Bet yer excited about the Glen Hansard track ;)

I dunno though, think there are only so many ukulele songs I can listen to. :rolleyes:
    16 ukelele songs is about 15 too many. Still should be good though, although id rather a few guitar tracks in there like man of the hour and just breathe or even stuff from into the wild.
    I dont think i could listen to 16 uke songs straight trough without having to put on v.s at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

anyone getting the Vs. & Vitalogy boxset?
    bit pricey, but some nice extras with it.

although I don't think the albums needed to be remastered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Have it preordered but now the release date from Sony has been pushed back which is a bit of a pain in the ass! I presume anyone else here who has the sde ordered is in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gonna have to wait till payday for these. Love live cd's so is perfect for me.

Scrap the payday thing, I got it yesterday:D Orpheum disc is amazing, vocals on Blood:eek:

That Orpheum gig..janey mack they were tight as fvck back then weren't they?

I know people have justifiable arguments about Abrruzzese' playing but man, he could definitely play..he was the perfect drummer for them at that time.

That Orpheum gig..janey mack they were tight as fvck back then weren't they?

I know people have justifiable arguments about Abrruzzese' playing but man, he could definitely play..he was the perfect drummer for them at that time.

Who would have bad stuff to say bout Abrruzzese? Absolutely love his grooves, its the little things that are just amazing.

Well he only had the one same beat. The one from Why Go?
    he uses it at various different speeds in a ton of songs.

Still think he had cool grooves in him bar the beats. Like in the 4/4 when he grooves the hats...great feel for songs IMO.

plus i'd say he has splash cymbals positioned all over his house..

Jack irons for the win :)

Smaller cymbals be awesome (my fav drummer being Gavin Harrison, check that kit).

Can't pick a favourite myself but Matt Cameron can't do much wrong really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Fierce quiet around here lately!

Just in case anyone's interested, I pre-ordered Eddie's CD Ukulele Songs for €8.99 and the DVD Water on the Road for €10.99 earlier on CD Wow, just under €20 for the 2 which I thought was good.

Advertisement