Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

If anyone's about town tonight, Australian Pearl Jam are playing in The Button Factory in Temple Bar. Tickets are just €7.50 although they are €9.50 on www. tickets.ie and more again with ticketmaster but still great value.

I believe they are playing Ten in full then another hour with various songs from the entire back catalogue.

Should be a good 'un.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

im gonna be there, always a good night with them:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I shall also be there, wearing a PJ shirt an' all :D

jenizzle wrote: »

Pyjamas? When you organised the pre Pearl Jam night in The Sub Lounge last August I told a friend I was going to a PJ party and she assumed for weeks I had gone to a pyjama party in The Sub. Stupid non PJ fans.

• Advertisement

oo i might too but i dont have a stickman t shirt anymore and it upsets me!

oo i might too but i dont have a stickman t shirt anymore and it upsets me!

I have, although it's 12 years old and looks like a belly top on me now... I should totally wear it.

I don't think this is sold out but 2 of my friends pulled out so if anyone wants 2 tickets cost price I have 'em.

NothingMan wrote: »
    I have, although it's 12 years old and looks like a belly top on me now... I should totally wear it.

haha do it! mine fell apart a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Mine felt the raft of a million hot rocks from my teens. Still gets the old Sunday morning run though.

I have a lot of bleach stains on mine from hair dye - the Immagine in Cornice one is now ruined :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have a lot of bleach stains on mine from hair dye - the Immagine in Cornice one is now ruined :rolleyes:

Sure... bleach... I know what you all get up to on those Pearl Jam road trips. Durty.

NothingMan wrote: »
    If anyone's about town tonight, Australian Pearl Jam are playing in The Button Factory in Temple Bar. Tickets are just €7.50 although they are €9.50 on www. tickets.ie and more again with ticketmaster but still great value.

I believe they are playing Ten in full then another hour with various songs from the entire back catalogue.

Should be a good 'un.
    Do they not know Rush is on tonight, those bastards!
    I might have to sell my Rush ticket for drink money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

PJ20 weekend details to be announced this week, anyone else going? (Provided tickets are got of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

PJ20 weekend details to be announced this week, anyone else going? (Provided tickets are got of course!)

PJ20 weekend,what be this???

Basically, pearl jam will be doing a small bit of touring later on in the year and two of the dates will be at alpine valley two days in a row to celebrate 20 years of Ten. Festival kind of set up, so far Soundgarden, The strokes, liam Finn and couple of other bands seem a lock for it with pearl jam obviously headlining both nights and presumably a couple of special guests. They're not referring to it as a festival, more of a special weekend bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Basically, pearl jam will be doing a small bit of touring later on in the year and two of the dates will be at alpine valley two days in a row to celebrate 20 years of Ten. Festival kind of set up, so far Soundgarden, The strokes, liam Finn and couple of other bands seem a lock for it with pearl jam obviously headlining both nights and presumably a couple of special guests. They're not referring to it as a festival, more of a special weekend bash!

Would this include any form of Europe dates?

Mushy wrote: »
    Would this include any form of Europe dates?

Not that anyone has heard of, seemingly Canada is gonna get a run of shows and maybe some us shows and there are reports for them in south america in November.(very similar to 2005, so let's hope the pattern sticks which would mean Europe next year! Well so I wish!)
    I'll definitely hit PJ20 if I get tickets but everything else would be tight money wise

def wont be going, somewhere in mid america for a weekend 'festival' type thing?? the rumours are labour day weekend, whenever that is ..:o thats what i heard anyway.

doesnt really give the european fans much time to organise/save up etc. i think theyd be much better doing a pj20 world tour. let everyone see them, not just the US fans.

Its in Alpine Valley in august according to most rumours.
    Should really have been announced ages ago.
    I dont like the way Pearl Jam go about announcing tours, especially pre sale tickets. For the last european tour the pre sale tickets were out the same day the tour was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Not holding my breath for anything Europe wise,we'll probably have to make do with a DVD at some stage. I'd give both my testicles to go to that thing in the States though(Hhhmmmmmm,birthday on the horizon!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Our boy Glen's on eddie's album...I'm biased but they sound ****in incredible together..cant wait to hear this one live..two huge voices

Labor Day weekend is the first weekend in Sept. Tbh, it's very easy to get caught up in the excitement of going to a show like this, and being made feel like you're an inferior fan if you don't remortgage your house to go to this. The support bands don't appeal to me, it's in the middle of nowhere (about 2 hours away from Chicago) and the hotels are pretty much all booked up already.

I'll hold out for yet another visit to London and Wuhlheide (won't complain about Berlin, it's one of my favourite places to visit :D )

Would be cool to go but its a lot of hassle with tickets and sorting accommodation

So, officially announced for Alpine Valley on Labor Day weekend. Ten Club tickets are not too bad, $252 for two tickets for two days for the lawn is probably what ill try for.

So far:
    Pearl Jam
    The Strokes
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Mudhoney
    Glen Hansard
    John Doe
    Liam Finn
    Joseph Arthur
    THNEWNO2

Most appeal but I honestly have never heard Joseph Arthur or THNWNO2.

10 Canadian dates after would be a brilliant road trip if it wasnt for lack of money and the need to be back at work!

that's our boy right there :)

destination.JPG

You're as proud as anything now, Dave :D

Not tempted meself I must admit, it's just too expensive. I'll spend the next few months ignoring it :rolleyes:

Delighted he's/theyre doing it(he hasnt decided if its the frames yet) but ws iterally sick all day yesterday..i cant go..im devastated..my fream to see Pj&the frames since i was 17..im gutted.

I'm hoping that they'll return the favour over here, ye never know!

Well feck me, that was a painful two days with the 10club's piss poor ticket server at it again, but thankfully got myself the ga/ga package and expo ticket for the second day too!
    Roll on the first weekend of september!

• Advertisement

Congratulations on getting tickets!
    I wouldnt have the patience for that ticket server, was some pain trying for London tickets a few years back.
    Enjoy the weekend, should be unreal

Advertisement