Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Ive actually got a decent return with regard to tickets before, the only time ive got shut out (out of 14 attempts) was New York 2 in 2008 and Dublin last year!
    I have to say I had kinda given up this time round, after the calamity yesterday, I thouht I was shut out again today when it failed at credit card screen and then I had to close up where I was working and come home, it was only when I got home I managed to get into my order history once an seen them there and my card has been charged!

Now its time to get flights and everything sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I would have had 3rd row at new york 08 but couldnt sort out flights and get off work :(

I would have had 3rd row at new york 08 but couldnt sort out flights and get off work :(

Nasty, ive only ever been up front at GA shows (on the rail at the Astoria being a paricular hightlight!) because my 10C number is poor. Infact at NY1 in 08 my tickets were last row on the floor yet second night with TM tickets I was up in second tier side stage whch was much closer and an interesting way to watch for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I haven't renewed 10c membership in years. Was offered an excellent ticket for NY but couldn't make it.
    Does 10c number matter for PJ20 festival?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It does if you picked the RES/GA package. I've been offered spares for it but I just can't afford the flights. I'll just have to hang tight for the Euro tour next year. I've seen the lads a few times every year since '06, this is a strange experience for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There is a "The Making Of Ten" booklet with this month's Classic Rock.

It is twenty something pages in length and the pages are all close to A4 in size. Mick Wall is the writer for it.

Nothing new to it, but a nice little read nonetheless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

interesting that Mick Wall wrote it...

he hates them and the feelings mutual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Kess73 wrote: »
    There is a "The Making Of Ten" booklet with this month's Classic Rock.

It is twenty something pages in length and the pages are all close to A4 in size. Mick Wall is the writer for it.

Nothing new to it, but a nice little read nonetheless.

I bought that today but to be honest I would've preferred if the booklet had done a brief album by album thing on the band to date. The Ten background has been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

fluke wrote: »
    I bought that today but to be honest I would've preferred if the booklet had done a brief album by album thing on the band to date. The Ten background has been done to death.

What would have been nice if there was a track by track breakdown of every album done in the same manner as the breakdown of each track from Ten was in the booklet.

As I said a few posts back, there is nothing really new in this booklet, but I liked reading the quotes from some of the Soundgarden and Mudhoney guys.

in case yis missed it...going to the 2 chicago shows..cant wait :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

that's pretty crap that the videos have been removed due to copyright claim by peal jam Ten club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

david75 wrote: »
    ed's a class act :)

+1

thats brilliant thanks for putting that up.

the fact that glen is touring with ed does anyone think he will do a gig in ireland?or has it been spoken about already?

Video is feckin' gone already :mad:

so, i got to see 2 EV shows in Chicago this week..it was brilliant. Pure and simple. Far more engaging than even i(a huge PJ fan) thought it would be.. He's a very gracious entertaining and commanding performer..hope he comes to Europe with it..

Gerry- i asked ed about europe and a solo tour..he says it's not on the cards right now but down the road, who knows?

Delighted you got to go m'dear. We'll have to have chats next year in Berlin, you can tell me all about it :D

david75 wrote: »
    so, i got to see 2 EV shows in Chicago this week..it was brilliant. Pure and simple. Far more engaging than even i(a huge PJ fan) thought it would be.. He's a very gracious entertaining and commanding performer..hope he comes to Europe with it..

Gerry- i asked ed about europe and a solo tour..he says it's not on the cards right now but down the road, who knows?

you asked ed lol you got to talk to him?

i was thinking with glen supporting him that glen might say hey ed lets do this show in ireland to.not as simple as that though id say.

Jenn-ah sooner than that i hope :)

gerry-yeah there's a lot more involved but if anyone could make him just drop everything and come for a week, it would be Glen.

was there anyone here at slane in 1993?pearl jam supported neil young.jesus one of the best days of my life.pearl jam were on fire.i wouldnt go across the road to see neil young but pj were incredible and way to short a set.45mins.
    18 years ago on saturday.

• Advertisement

i have that tape somewhere..one of their favourite shows they did that year, and the location of that first interview with rolling stone

eddie-"Bob Dylan's biggest piece of advice to me, "go to Dublin"..I sent him a postcard today..it said 'made it'."
    668-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

For anybody who uses it,@SGossard has now joined @MikeMcCreadyPJ in TwitterLand.

For anybody who uses it,@SGossard has now joined @MikeMcCreadyPJ in TwitterLand.

I cant imagine Stone being in any way as active as Mike! :D
    Only 42 days till PJ20, time is flying! Would love to have the cash for some of the South American shows, the atmosphere them fans create is crazy!

To be fair, I think I'd get killed at an SA show. Wouldn't find it too enjoyable being so squished... I'm gettin old :rolleyes: Bit **** they're not getting early entry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Im just waiting on a lotto win between now and September then Il head to PJ20 myself!!
    I wonder what the chances are of European dates next year with the announcement of the SA shows......*Crosses Fingers*!!!!!

Well they're working on a new album so hopefully that is completed and released by next year and we get a tour. Their touring schedule this year is virtually the same as 2005, which was followed up by an album release and world tour!
    Plus they have been saying that although the nostalgia of pj20 is nice, they are looking forward to moving forward

I'd say Europe 2012 will be the same as 2010, 2009 - play the big nice cities like London, Berlin, Madrid and a random eastern-european one. Ye never know what they'll do next though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My theory - Pearl Jam and Van Halen for either Download or Sonisphere

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My theory - Pearl Jam and Van Halen for either Download or Sonisphere

And Rush in there too. Hope its Rush and PJ at same one.

• Advertisement

Advertisement