Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

got a little misty eyed when i saw this earlier..it looks fvckin fantastic :) cannot wait!!

and the 95 japanese footage is in there!! excellent )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

oh wow looks great.but what are the chances of a cinema over here showing that.id say it will be a very limited release.

pj.com/facebook petition to bring the PJ20 movie to irish cinemas..go for it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ye never know, it might happen as the Foo Fighters thing was very popular.

I got misty eyed, but I think thats cos I haven't heard Given To Fly in a while... gets me every time :rolleyes:

perfect song for the trailer!!

Pippa reckons the same company that distributed FF's film are doing PJ20, so it'll likely get some sort of cinema release:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Goosebumps. Looks fantastic. I'd say it will at least be in some art house cinemas. Hopefully anyway.

We have art house cinemas?!

I mean like the IFI and the lighthouse cinema. Maybe even screen or Cineworld for a few days.

IFI and the lighthouse(very deeply sadly missed..it was an EXCELLENT cinema and its a screaming injustice its gone...effin landlord doubled their rent and the judge took his side...c u n t s both)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

crazygeryy wrote: »
    oh wow looks great.but what are the chances of a cinema over here showing that.id say it will be a very limited release.
    Yesterday MCD sent following email:

As previous Pearl Jam ticket holders we would like to tell you about the new PJ20 movie that is out in September! It is a definitive portrait of Pearl Jam as told by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker and music journalist, Cameron Crowe.
    Available for pre-order now are the Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack & the Pearl Jam Twenty Book! Go to: www.pj20.com
    Soundtrack from the film includes 2 CDs of rare and unreleased tracks from across Pearl Jam's 20 year history, curated by Cameron Crowe.

The book is an aesthetically stunning, definitive chronicle of the band's past two decades with a foreword by Cameron Crowe.

Read more... www.pj20.com/about
    Stay tuned to www.pj20.com to find out when there will be Irish screenings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is the documentary actually being shown here? May not post in here much, but I would be so happy to see it here. Also be so happy to travel for them but work/money doesnt allow it.

Feel bad when hear of others travels

I'm not travelling this year - first time in a good few years I haven't seen them in some way, shape or form. I've been ignoring anyone else talking about it :p

If any of you are interested, Pearl Jem are playing in Academy 2 on the 28th August. They're gonna play the whole of Ten as well as a few other songs after! I'll be just back from the London "World Wide Jamicide" that afternoon so I might not make it myself, but we shall see :D

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'll be just back from the London "World Wide Jamicide" that afternoon

??? What is this, and why haven't you spread news of it earlier?

I'm not travelling this year - first time in a good few years I haven't seen them in some way, shape or form. I've been ignoring anyone else talking about it :p

If any of you are interested, Pearl Jem are playing in Academy 2 on the 28th August. They're gonna play the whole of Ten as well as a few other songs after! I'll be just back from the London "World Wide Jamicide" that afternoon so I might not make it myself, but we shall see :D

i salute and tip my hat to you.you must be a real die hard fan if your travelling to london to see a pearl jam tribute band.

and tell us more about the jamicide thing.

"Stay tuned to www.pj20.com to find out when there will be Irish screenings!"

id put money on it that it wont be shown outside of good old "dublin".so the rest of the country has to miss out.hopefully im wrong

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i salute and tip my hat to you.you must be a real die hard fan if your travelling to london to see a pearl jam tribute band.

and tell us more about the jamicide thing.

Here's the link to the event on FB: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113506748728416

I guess I would be a die hard fan, but it's a pure coincidence that I'm in London that weekend as I was going to meet friends I've met through touring over the last few years. Things like that give us the opportunity to meet up the odd time, especially since there's no European tour this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Christchurch in Cork has been turned into an indie-style cinema recently, hopefully it might get a release there...

Here's the link to the event on FB: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113506748728416

I guess I would be a die hard fan, but it's a pure coincidence that I'm in London that weekend as I was going to meet friends I've met through touring over the last few years. Things like that give us the opportunity to meet up the odd time, especially since there's no European tour this year.

just in case you were wondering i wasnt taking the piss.id love to be able to do it myself.hell id love to follow them on the road lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Ye never know, it might happen as the Foo Fighters thing was very popular.

I got misty eyed, but I think thats cos I haven't heard Given To Fly in a while... gets me every time :rolleyes:
    Would love to see this in Ireland but looks like the nearest screening will be in London:( here is the full list of screenings
    http://www.pj20.com/screenings/

Thats just for US and Canada. I think they mean London in Ontario!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Thats just for US and Canada. I think they mean London in Ontario!
    :o i see, well then lets hope it lands here at some stage would love to see on the big screen..

• Advertisement

Worst case scenario I bust out my projector and ya all stall it to mine!

NothingMan wrote: »
    Worst case scenario I bust out my projector and ya all stall it to mine!

yea the dvd is being released in october so its not that long to wait.but all the same id love to see it on the big screen.

aw shucks
    this will always be special to me...have a listen

"One special audio bit we added was a wonderful story Eddie told in Seattle about meeting a young fan in Ireland in 1996. Have a listen for a good cheer up."

http://www.orderinthesound.com/16-july-2011-seattle-wa-benaroya-hall

david75 wrote: »
    aw shucks
    this will always be special to me...have a listen

"One special audio bit we added was a wonderful story Eddie told in Seattle about meeting a young fan in Ireland in 1996. Have a listen for a good cheer up."

http://www.orderinthesound.com/16-july-2011-seattle-wa-benaroya-hall

classic.the irish they are bloody everywhere lol

well he was in Dublin:)
    he was super nice to us that day..couldnt have been cooler..to have him remember us & then tell the story was a bit deadly:)

• This is just .... there are no words...

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Tickets booked! I'd say ye'd want to be quick...

http://new.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/Dublin/film/pearl-jam-twenty-i

Sorry try this one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

theyd better have a dublin/ireland showing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

That's the link I posted above, for Liffey Valley, but it must be sold out already, I only booked the tickets there about 20 minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

no way!! thats why it didnt show up then, only uk places. :O( im gonna go and cry into my coffe now and think of a way to get in the back door.

Advertisement