Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Sorry try the edited link and go in from there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i must be thick, i cant see where it says book tickets or anything, im looking at view times, supersaver or whatever and cant click on anything!!! it must be sold out, tried the fone, thats bloody useless!! arrgghhhh..

On the 2nd link, beside where it says Tuesday 20th September, click on where it shows 20.00 in orange.

i did it i did it i did it!! so happy now. its on my wedding anniversary too!

Hope the wife is as big a fan so!

• Advertisement

im the wife! now ive got the cresit card in my hand......i wonder how long it takes t shirts to be delivered from the usa pj site.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

cant seem to book with a laser card?

Oh sorry!!

I've got stuff off the website before and it's usually taken around 2-3 weeks, but it can vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Excellent, just booked 2 VIP tickets, cos that's how I roll. Can't wait to see it and glad Vue is showing it. Their screens and sound top any other cinema.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My tickets have been booked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

2 VIP booked, only a few VIP places left!
    Now the ideal situation would be for Mayo to win the all ireland two days earlier and then ill hang around Dublin until the screening but I think that may be slightly over optimistic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

no offense to dublin people but everything comes to dublin.
    dublin dublin dublin.
    bloody annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

no offense but it's the capital and largest population centre. it wouldn't pay to have screenings even in Galway or cork.

looks like Omniplex are gonna be having screenings too. it's listed on their site.

And so it seems...

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/movie/m3739

Cineworld won't be having it.

david75 wrote: »
    no offense but it's the capital and largest population centre. it wouldn't pay to have screenings even in Galway or cork.

looks like Omniplex are gonna be having screenings too. it's listed on their site.

oh id say your wrong there.cork and galway would sell out id say.lot of pearl jam fans in galway im sure and cork.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    david75 wrote: »

oh id say your wrong there.cork and galway would sell out id say.lot of pearl jam fans in galway im sure and cork.

perhaps if they knew about it or were watching for it. still tckets available for Dublin it seems. they're not doin any work at all in promoting this to the public at large. if that happened there'd be a lotta interest. not sure thell do it though, not for a once off

seems lke every band is doing it now.foo fighters have a doc out.and so do kings of leon.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    seems lke every band is doing it now.foo fighters have a doc out.and so do kings of leon.

I know we're biased but I can see Pj's being better than the lot. I liked the Foos one but Cameron Crowe is a heavyweight in film making and has been with the band since before they were the band. this will be somethin else entirely I reckon. and if it's true what he's said about working from the Kids Are Alright template, all to the good. that's one of the best rock films ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Booked my tickets there! Should be good craic watching it in a theatre full of Pearl Jam heads!

its going to be weird sitting there and thinking i wonder whos on boards, lol. going to have dinner after if anywheres still open. i cant wait!

• Advertisement

I'll be doing some serious toe-tapping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

jenizzle wrote: »
    Cineworld won't be having it.

I asked in Cineworld in Parnell Street yesterday and was told that they were expecting to be showing it. They showed Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage and Foo Fighters: Back and Forth, so they know there's a market for one-off music documentaries. Their projectionist was trying to confirm that they'd be getting a print. They said they'd they'd know in the next week or so. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The only screening listed for Ireland so far is in Belfast:
    http://www.pj20.com/screenings/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Anyone got any info about PJ20 screenings in Ireland? Website only showing one in Belfast,
    And then when you go to the cinema website there is no info about any screenings.
    Would love to see this, but traveling to Belfast from Galway may not be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

pete_mcs wrote: »
    Anyone got any info about PJ20 screenings in Ireland? Website only showing one in Belfast,
    And then when you go to the cinema website there is no info about any screenings.
    Would love to see this, but traveling to Belfast from Galway may not be a great idea.

check this link, was posted a page or two back

http://new.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/Dublin/film/pearl-jam-twenty-i

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Hi, any chance that all the Pearl Jam fans here on boards that are located in Galway could email the Omniplex to ask for a screening. If they got enough enquires then it might persuade them to show it.
    http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/contactus/
    A similar campaign could be done in Cork also.
    Tell your friends and family to email also!
    Thanks All, power to the pearl jam people!!!!:D

I asked in Cineworld in Parnell Street yesterday and was told that they were expecting to be showing it.

I emailed them, and got this response:

We do not have any plans to show Pearl Jam Twenty as the DVD release date is immediately following the UK release.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The only screening listed for Ireland so far is in Belfast:

People went mad at this last night on FB cos they didn't know about the Dublin showing despite the link being posted about three times! Radio Nova keep saying it's not being shown here either. They should really put up the Dublin date before people lose the plot altogether :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Pearl Jem playing the academy2
    On the 28th of this month.
    They will be playing the whole Ten album + some more
    Tickets are 12.50.

just booked tickets, see some of you there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Here's the tracklisting from the movie: I wanna hear the it ain't like that demo!

Disc 1 – From the Film PJ20

Release – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Alive – Seattle, WA (12/22/90)
    Garden – Zurich, Switzerland (2/19/92)
    Why Go – Hamburg, Germany (3/10/92)
    Black – MTV Unplugged, NYC (3/16/92)
    Blood – Auckland, New Zealand (3/25/95)
    Last Exit – Taipei, Taiwan (2/24/95)
    Not For You – Manila, Philippines (2/26/95)
    Do The Evolution – Monkeywrench Radio, Seattle, WA (1/31/98)
    Thumbing My Way – Chop Suey, Seattle, WA (9/6/02)
    Crown of Thorns – Las Vegas, NV (10/22/00)
    Let Me Sleep – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Walk With Me (with Neil Young) – Bridge School Benefit (10/23/10)
    Just Breathe – SNL, New York (3/13/10)
    Disc 2 – Rarities and Inspiration . . .

Say Hello 2 Heaven – Temple of the Dog Demo, 1990
    Times of Trouble – Demo, 1990
    Acoustic #1 – Demo 1991
    It Ain’t Like That – Demo 1990
    Need to Know – Demo, 2007
    Be Like Wind – McCready Score 2010
    Given To Fly – McCready Instrumental 2010
    Nothing As It Seems – Demo 1999
    Nothing As It Seems – Seattle, WA (10/22/01)
    Indifference – Bologna, Italy (9/14/06)
    Of The Girl – Instrumental 2000
    Faithfull – Pistola, Italy (9/20/06) (Soundcheck)
    Bu$hleaguer – Nassau, NY (4/30/03)
    Betterman – New York City (5/21/10)
    Rearview Mirror – Universal City, CA (10/1/09)

Advertisement